NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 10:22 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckNX
You can also remote start with the fob. I think you press the lock button 4 times, holding on the 4th, and then the car starts. I tried it once back when I had my subscription service. Not much need for it hear in San Diego.
Thanks, yeah I'm aware of my ability to press the lock button twice and then holding it down the third time to start the engine, but I was experimenting with the app on my phone because of the discussion here. The app works very well in locating and checking the status of my F-Sport.

Living in a relatively mild climate (the original Vancouver, USA, the one in Washington ) and having a garage, I doubt I'll need the feature unless I visit my friends in Regina in winter.
Old 01-02-18, 04:35 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 703 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
One thing I am curious about. When you start the car remotely when I click unlock on the fob to get in, it shuts the car off. Is there a way for the car not to shut off before entering? Seems very wasteful in terms of just shutting down to get in, only to start it right back up and drive away.
Unfortunately there is no way to disable the shutoff. Very frustrating since the car has to recognize your key in order to unlock the door.
Old 01-04-18, 10:30 PM
ichitaka86
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
Thanks, yeah I'm aware of my ability to press the lock button twice and then holding it down the third time to start the engine, but I was experimenting with the app on my phone because of the discussion here. The app works very well in locating and checking the status of my F-Sport.

Living in a relatively mild climate (the original Vancouver, USA, the one in Washington ) and having a garage, I doubt I'll need the feature unless I visit my friends in Regina in winter.
I tried clicking it 3 times and holding it longer on the 3rd push. It doent work on my 2017 nx. Does Canadian version not work? You seem to be from Canada.
Old 01-05-18, 01:52 AM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ichitaka86
I tried clicking it 3 times and holding it longer on the 3rd push. It doent work on my 2017 nx. Does Canadian version not work? You seem to be from Canada.
I think Canadians say there is no stock remote start in Canada.
Old 01-05-18, 06:18 AM
Lex2000TL
Intermediate

Received 95 Likes on 70 Posts
Unhappy

I am in IL and same here: after reading few posts I tried different combinations and none worked as some people claim. I do not think Lexus offered remote start from key fob for free. Next time I am at dealer, I will ask. But, I am sure it is waste of my breath.
Old 01-05-18, 06:36 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 755 Likes on 469 Posts

I'm thinking it only works with the key fob once the service is activated which is asinine on Lexus's part...

-Nigel
Old 01-08-18, 04:47 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Sorry, I'm from the original Vancouver....the one in Washington state. It started out as Fort Vancouver in 1824 (that's the name most would like to go back to), but incorporated as Vancouver in 1857. The "new" Vancouver, the one in BC, was incorporated in 1886....both were named after British explorer George Vancouver.

Regarding clicking the remote...almost sure you have to have Lexus Enform and have your Lexus Enform remote app active....at least that's what I have, and my clicks work fine, but I doubt I'll ever have a need to use it.
Old 01-08-18, 06:44 PM
Lex2000TL
Intermediate

Received 95 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
Sorry, I'm from the original Vancouver....the one in Washington state. It started out as Fort Vancouver in 1824 (that's the name most would like to go back to), but incorporated as Vancouver in 1857. The "new" Vancouver, the one in BC, was incorporated in 1886....both were named after British explorer George Vancouver.

Regarding clicking the remote...almost sure you have to have Lexus Enform and have your Lexus Enform remote app active....at least that's what I have, and my clicks work fine, but I doubt I'll ever have a need to use it.
I have an active Lexus Enform (for another month) and still no luck with clicking. If someone has figured it out, can you make a video and post it here?
Old 01-08-18, 09:44 PM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lex2000TL
I have an active Lexus Enform (for another month) and still no luck with clicking. If someone has figured it out, can you make a video and post it here?
You are enrolled in "remote?" People are stating you might need to be enrolled for the fob to work. Not sure what year you have, new or what, since you get it free when purchasing it new. There is an Enform App (actually 2) and then an Enform Remote app.

Old 01-09-18, 05:39 PM
nozz3857
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife's 1 week old 2018 NX 300 is going in to the dealer Saturday. We can't get the app to work. And the fob won't remote start the vehicle or open the rear hatch.
I had the dealers technology guy on the phone last week for these issues. He had me try a few things but no luck.
I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still no luck. The dealer said they could fix both issues. Other than that my wife loves her NX
We're 106 miles from the dealer. They offered to send a driver in a new car to pick ours up and leave the loaner.
Then do the same when ours is done. Pretty awesome!!
Old 01-10-18, 12:07 AM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nozz3857
My wife's 1 week old 2018 NX 300 is going in to the dealer Saturday. We can't get the app to work. And the fob won't remote start the vehicle or open the rear hatch.
I had the dealers technology guy on the phone last week for these issues. He had me try a few things but no luck.
I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still no luck. The dealer said they could fix both issues. Other than that my wife loves her NX
We're 106 miles from the dealer. They offered to send a driver in a new car to pick ours up and leave the loaner.
Then do the same when ours is done. Pretty awesome!!
I would be curious to know what the issue is, once it is fixed. It might help people in the future.

I am embarrassed to say, it took me a day to get mine working. I have a 2013 CT, so I tried setting up that version of the App with my NX. It would not accept my VIN on the old app site and really did not give a meaningful error. Even customer service had no idea. The next day, after a nice rest, I figured out there was a new version of the app... and my wife laughed at me, since I was so frustrated.
Old 01-15-18, 08:05 AM
iridium130
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish we could change settings in the Enform app as well. I'd like to be able to turn on the defrosters when I remote start my car in the morning to give me a head start on getting ice off my windshield. It seems like if I forget to turn on the defrosters in the evenings when I get home from work, I am SOL in the mornings.