NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone bought a car cover for their NX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-15, 05:44 PM
pmb0928
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bought a car cover for their NX?

My wife and I dont have a garage here in NC and talked about wanting to get a cover for when a storm comes in. What are your thoughts on any particular brand? Does lexus make one specifically for the NX? Getting ours this week hopefully if all goes well.
Old 02-23-15, 05:43 AM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

i dont think lexus has one for the NX yet, ive searched too even a reputable aftermarket. u can get a cheaper aftermarket but it might not fit snugly for now until one is avail that has great fitment
Old 02-24-15, 05:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Obviously a little larger, but if you can't wait, I'd get the RX's as the overall shape is similar. Just 5 inches longer, 2 inches taller, and 2 inches wider.
Old 06-23-15, 04:46 PM
alexdell
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping up this thread. I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased a custom fit cover for the NX. I can't seem to find anything from the major car cover manufacturers.

Alternatively, I'm curious if the RAV4 custom fit car cover will fit. Based on this site: cars.axlegeeks.com, the NX is only 2.4" longer & 1" wider. It might be a snug fit but it might work.
Old 06-23-15, 08:11 PM
Lexinator
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alexdell
Bumping up this thread. I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased a custom fit cover for the NX. I can't seem to find anything from the major car cover manufacturers.

Alternatively, I'm curious if the RAV4 custom fit car cover will fit. Based on this site: cars.axlegeeks.com, the NX is only 2.4" longer & 1" wider. It might be a snug fit but it might work.
I ordered a sunscreen for my 300h from covercraft.com. Their website also shows car covers for the nx. I haven't received the sunscreen yet, so I can't speak to the quality /fit.
Old 06-24-15, 04:18 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Something to keep in mind here. Unless you're going to wash the car EVERYDAY when you get home, putting a car cover over it is a terrible idea. Every spec of dust on that car has now just become an abrasive element and will scratch the car.

So if you were hoping to use it daily, either washing time will be required everyday, or its a terrible idea.

Furthermore, if its outside, now you have allergens, seeds, and whatever else that will get on that cover and scratch the car as well.

So, either garage it, or I would recommend a good sealant for sun protection.
Old 06-28-15, 07:25 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Something to keep in mind here. Unless you're going to wash the car EVERYDAY when you get home, putting a car cover over it is a terrible idea. Every spec of dust on that car has now just become an abrasive element and will scratch the car.

So if you were hoping to use it daily, either washing time will be required everyday, or its a terrible idea.

Furthermore, if its outside, now you have allergens, seeds, and whatever else that will get on that cover and scratch the car as well.

So, either garage it, or I would recommend a good sealant for sun protection.
....once sealant is applied....+ high quality carnuba wax.