Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Anyone have a hook-up at a dealer for NAV update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-17, 09:37 AM
OmG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a hook-up at a dealer for NAV update?

I called several dealers around Bay Area, and they're all asking well north of $300 to update my GPS. I have a Gen 5 HDD system, which is to be updated through USB using TechStream/TIS or whatever computerized system the dealer has. I called multiple independents and none of them can do it. I'm prepared to pay $200-$250, but $385 seems a bit nuts for a map database update.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-25-17, 12:46 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by OmG
I called several dealers around Bay Area, and they're all asking well north of $300 to update my GPS. I have a Gen 5 HDD system, which is to be updated through USB using TechStream/TIS or whatever computerized system the dealer has. I called multiple independents and none of them can do it. I'm prepared to pay $200-$250, but $385 seems a bit nuts for a map database update.

Any suggestions?
No way around this. Only dealership with Techstream can apply the update for the non-DVD map based Navigation stereos.
Get a job at a dealership and get employee discount lol
Old 05-25-17, 03:32 PM
OmG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by specONE
No way around this. Only dealership with Techstream can apply the update for the non-DVD map based Navigation stereos.
Get a job at a dealership and get employee discount lol
that's not a bad idea. i can join a dealer and specialize in nav updates. i'll plug in the techstream and 'monitor' it for a couple of hours while drinking my coffee. then, hopefully, some of that $176 dollar 'labor' charge ends up in my pocket.

odd that there are no lexus employees on this forum that would be able to knock the price down from the stratosphere for a case of beer or something. i'm not asking for free, i'm asking for reasonable...

i picked this truck up at a toyota dealer, so waiting to hear back from them if they can do it. the service adviser seemed to think they can, and it would be a $100 labor charge. i'll report back if that pans out.