Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Recommendations for wheel repair (Curbed , bent rims)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 11:13 PM
mdenoga
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember if you bring it to Wheel Tech that you dismount the tires before if not expect to pay $30 a wheel =p. Other than that, yes great work.

Last edited by mdenoga; 08-13-09 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-14-09, 04:49 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Just a quick comment on Wheel Techniques. If you're looking to have your wheel refinished I highly suggest going somewhere else. Wheel Techniques have great customer service and they do a great job on repairs but are absolutely horrible when it comes to refinishing and painting.
Old 08-15-09, 11:22 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

anyone know how much it cost on average to fix a curb rash on each wheel?
Old 08-17-09, 11:34 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default rash

I had some on my wheels i just got the dremal tool and took my time sanding and buffing.... not hard at all just make sure you have a steady hand and time..... not hard at all....
Old 05-20-10, 02:54 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Best Wheel Repair shop found: Rite-Way

Before I begin, I will say this is my first set of 3 piece wheels, so I did not really know how to truly inspect them. I am not affiliated with this company at all, but am truly impressed by their customer service and quality of work.

Bought a set of used Work wheels and drove nearly 1,300 miles roundtrip to pick them up . At least I made a vacation out of it. I was originally planning to drive around 800 miles to pick up these other sets, but these bad boys showed up and were in better condition. At least that’s what I thought. Did a quick inspection upon meetup and found the advertised curbed wheel. The rest of the lips were in decent shape with 1 or 2 scratches but I didn’t really care for it. It was justified by the price.

Anyways drove these wheels back to the bay and didn’t have a chance to repair the curbed lip until last Friday (couldn’t get it in time for the YBHS show + photoshoot). Made an appointment with Rite-Way Wheels in Walnut Creek and showed up there at 8:30 am. Jose, the boss, inspected the wheel and noticed it needed to be resealed so there goes my plans to mount the tires and get an alignment later that day. He quotes me the best price for the lip repair and will reseal that wheel for free (I called around all the wheel repair shops I could find). I get home and inspected the other 3 wheels and all needed to be resealed. I also called around for the reseal and they still had the best price (Wheel Technique was about $10 more expensive per wheel). Brought it back to Jose and he checked all the wheels thoroughly. Well turns out, 2 of 3 wheels were bent. Both had bent barrels, and 1 of the lips were also bent. I guess this deal was too good to be true after all.

Now this is where Rite-Way’s customer service shines. He advices me to return the wheels as it would cost me quite a bit to repair all of them (1 lip refinish, 2 bent wheels, 4 reseals). He was not going to charge me for anything, even resealing the first wheel he took apart while I went home to grab the other three. He saw how conflicted I was to decide to keep the wheels or just sell them as I still had my ISF wheels on my car, so he told me to just go home and think it over. Jose calls me after the weekend on Tuesday to ask for my decision and I told him to go ahead and repair it. He told me he was only going to charge me for the lip repair and fixing the 2 bent wheels and will reseal all 4 for free. The next day he has all the wheels ready for me, but I opt to pick it up the next day in the morning. I got to his shop this morning and the wheels are all done. Boy was I surprised by their work. The wheels were in perfect shape and all the lips were refinished. He is a perfectionist and wanted all the lips to match, so he did them all for free! So I paid for 1 lip refinish and 2 bent wheel fixes, and got 4 reseals and 3 lip refinishes for free! What more can I say! Well, I can say I tried to tip him but he turned it down! Jose tries to help you with your problem, not profit off of them.

Best Wheel Repair shop found in the Bay Area.
Old 05-24-10, 05:22 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heard about this place, I will definitely check them out
Old 05-24-10, 06:09 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

What wheel do you buy?

Any pictures of it?
Old 05-25-10, 12:30 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

YUP they are amazing! they refinished all 4 of my wheels in one day. i know them and they are the best!
Old 05-25-10, 01:01 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Now I know where to go if I need repairs....

Please post before/after pics!
Old 05-25-10, 05:12 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry I am still kicking myself for not taking before pics, but they fixed up my Work VS-XX wheels.
Old 05-25-10, 10:55 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

how much did you pay?
Old 05-25-10, 11:24 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

I am trying not to give out a price and have other people hold them to what they charged me. Everyone's circumstance will be different. For my situation, this place gave me the best quote without any haggling. I'll just say I easily paid 25% - 50% less than what others were charging.

Sharon usually takes care of the customer service, but I arrived before she got to work. My suggestion is to get there early and talk to Jose.
Old 05-27-10, 05:45 PM
mou
Pole Position

I hope I'll be as lucky as you, heading over next week
Old 05-28-10, 10:59 AM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

GL Nick . I'm sure you won't be disappointed! Tell them I sent you, I'm sure he would be very happy. Hopefully you could take some before and after pics.

I'll try to take some pics of my wheels tonight or tomorrow.
Old 06-01-10, 10:43 PM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svntwosix
I am trying not to give out a price and have other people hold them to what they charged me. Everyone's circumstance will be different. For my situation, this place gave me the best quote without any haggling. I'll just say I easily paid 25% - 50% less than what others were charging.

Sharon usually takes care of the customer service, but I arrived before she got to work. My suggestion is to get there early and talk to Jose.
yah, i called to talk to jose and sharon returned my call and she gave me a quote...it was high. really high. so i just said thanks anyways...

Quick Reply: Recommendations for wheel repair (Curbed , bent rims)