Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

HIN San Mateo... VIP Auto Fashion

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 01:05 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIN San Mateo... VIP Auto Fashion *UPDATED!!*

Whats up everyone!!!

AS you all know, Hot Import Nights has created a VIP Auto Fashion for their shows. Its a section of the show for just Luxury cars only.. Thats it. There is also a special lounge that will be for the VIP guys only. Free drinks (alcohol was included) and couches to relax on!!! There will be a HIN coming up in San Mateo on April 24th I believe. This past weekend in LA it was mostly Euros, I want to see a HUGE turnout for the Lexus group at San Mateo. I know you guys are all out there. Henry, Glen, Chris, and all the others? Lets do this and park all the Lexus that we can together. Lets show our unity and our cars. I will see about making sure that all the Lexus cars are parked together in HIN San Mateo... Let me know what you guys think... for more information on this, go to www.vipautofashion.com... This will have the info they gave on HIN LA, but it will be somewhat the same for us in San Mateo. They made a category specifically just for us finally...

Ok guys here is an update on March 9th. I spoke with someone at Hot Import Nights and he has given me the ok to put something together to make this a fun event for all of us. What I am proposing is something like a HOTTEST Lexus voting for all Lexus owners (IS, GS, LS, RX, LX, and GX) that want to be a part of this. We could take the top 3 cars that we vote on as a NorCal Lexus community and those 3 cars will have free entry into the show. For the rest of us that will enter, we will get a discounted price to enter the show. The more entrants we have, the bigger the discount! With the help of the moderators I would like to make this happen as a voting process or a poll. Be kinda fun. Remember, we are doing this not for competition, but just to display our cars. HIN is always a show for the show car, but now, we have our area to show our CARS! This VIP Auto Fashion area will only be cars that are set up "luxuriously" where you won't be lost in a sea of flashing lights, chrome, and BRIGHT PAINT JOBS. We always have meets to display our cars to each other, but wny not take this opportunity to show our cars to the industry? Don't take this like a competition, there will be one going on, but the most important factor is just the fact that we are as nor cal Lexus community came out in full force with some of the sickest cars we have to offer!

can I get a roll call of all interested participants???? if you do not want to be a part of the hottest lexus poll, thats fine, you can still enter with a discounted price...

As soon as we get enough people committed, we will start our little poll to determine which 3 gets the free entry into HIN San Mateo!!!

1. JunctionGS - my car will not be in the voting process.
2. SPORTcoupe
3. 13s_IS300
4. KandyGS400
5. Jspek SC
6. soarer1023
7. IS V300
8. rominl

Last edited by rominl; 03-21-04 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-08-04, 03:20 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Count me in!

The dyno event in San Ramon left a very positive impression on me and I plan to try my best to attend every NorCal Lexus event I possibly can.

Last edited by SPORTcoupe; 03-08-04 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-08-04, 08:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am extremely interested. it's a one day deal? i get the car in the night before and drive it off after the show? let me know when you have more details john.

i think it's easy for us to get quite a few cars to kill the euro guys hahhaa
Old 03-09-04, 04:10 AM
kandygs400
Rookie

hey john...ill be attending that show...let me know more details...gonna see if i can get anything better then 3rd place...haha..try for a repeat....lemme know....and ill see what i can work out with the team and everything...ronnie
Old 03-09-04, 07:47 AM
SexY10
Driver

Does Sexy10 count as VIP? i'd want to join my fellow lexus family, *giggling* you know i just wanna hang out in the lounge for the drinks... hahah JKJKJK
Old 03-09-04, 08:51 AM
13s_is300
Pole Position

edit: i just signed up under club lexus.com. what time are you going to be there.

Last edited by 13s_is300; 03-09-04 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-09-04, 10:44 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm... I can try to come and hang out. Car is not up to par for anything else.
Old 03-09-04, 11:19 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

cmon Sexy10, lets go!!!

as we get closer to the day, I will coordinate with those who entered when we will roll-in. We need to roll-in together to be parked with each other. I would think it would be nice to see all the Lexus we have from Nor Cal ClubLexus to be showing together. It won't be about the competition, but more about the cars we have on display. Its always a dominated by Euros, but this time, I want to show that Lexus is also a luxury car that can be fixed up just as well. it will be fun!
Old 03-09-04, 11:24 AM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Originally posted by Neo
Car is not up to par for anything else.
Neo your car is nicer than some of the "other" cars I've seen at shows!

I know for JunctionGS it is more serious, but for the rest of us it' s all about fun and participating.

I KNOW we have a lot of clean Lexus cars in Nor Cal and this sounds like a good opportunity for us to represent Lexus.

I'll try to make it if my interior gets put back together on time.
Old 03-09-04, 11:57 AM
13s_is300
Pole Position

Originally posted by INDGOGRL
Neo your car is nicer than some of the "other" cars I've seen at shows!

I know for JunctionGS it is more serious, but for the rest of us it' s all about fun and participating.

I KNOW we have a lot of clean Lexus cars in Nor Cal and this sounds like a good opportunity for us to represent Lexus.

I'll try to make it if my interior gets put back together on time.
man i have to tak my car to get it washed now, to be one of those "clean" cars you talk about.
Old 03-09-04, 12:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

neo it's not all about competitions, it's about gathering and showing people about what we have done. i don't think you need to have top notch setups to do that, otherwise my car is not close too. let's go together, your car is very special already and it would be a nice addition to the crowd!

yeah, junction, keep us posted. if eveything goes well (and that i can find a ride to work when my car is in the show) it's all good
Old 03-09-04, 12:36 PM
13s_is300
Pole Position

you work on saturday? i alrady have my tickets. when it gets closer we shuld decide on a time and place to get meet up.

neo- no way is my car ready to show. but it is for the fun of it. plus when you register you and a passenger get admission.($50). if you by tickets ($25 each) with out vip room

Last edited by 13s_is300; 03-09-04 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-09-04, 12:44 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the support. My view is just a bit skewed since I hang out with with people (and you guys know who you are ) with cars that are more put together. Like I said, I'm going to try to arrange it so I can come hang out with you guys.
Old 03-09-04, 12:49 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

I am trying to put together a discount price for all the Lexus members that enter. If you already registered, I will see if I can fix it for you. One thing is that we would need at least 10 cars to enter. I think we can do that. We have enough sick Lexus out there to do it! I will keep everyone posted!

The whole concept is that shows like this is always dominated by a TRUE SHOW car... cars like ours were always lost in the midst of the show cars. I have been showing cars for years, having a true show car, and now having the GS that I have now, it is more serious for me, BUT!!! I do not want to lose sight of why we do this in the first place. I love hopping up my car, and stuff like that. I love the friendships and conversations I have with all of you.

Its about displaying our cars. The good thing about paying for the reg, its the same price as if you paid 25 to get in. However, you get a wristband so you can go in and out! LOL Cause once you go in, you cant go out if you are spectating.

The main thing is just to show that VIP luxury isn't just about Mercedes. BMW, or Audi. There are Lexus, Infiniti, and some Acuras out there that can run with the best of the Euros. I will see about putting this together. I really want to see this dream come true. RMMGS4 and INDGOGRL had the opportunity to show at the San Jose Auto show. This time, you guys we can show with the rest of our Lexus peers!

if you guys want, register under ClubLexus, that way I can get a headcount of whos going to be in the show

Last edited by JunctionGS; 03-09-04 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-09-04, 12:52 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

neo, trust me bro, your car is a lot better than the cars that are sitting in the show. you would be surprised to see some of the cars in the show. Your car is extremely clean. Exactly how we like our cars to be. Just because you dont have an insane amount of TVs or what not, your car can still turn heads my friend...

Henry, u have to work on Saturday? Roll in is friday beginning at 3pm. Then we can come back to our cars on Saturday around 2pm to finish cleaning it up. The earlier you get there on friday, the better parking you get, and also the longer you have to setup that night. Cause on friday u have roughly about 3 hours b4 they open doors. Trust me, sometimes, 3 hours isn't enough time...

Quick Reply: HIN San Mateo... VIP Auto Fashion