Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

ES owners in Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-02, 01:19 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default ES owners in Massachusetts

To the MA ES owners, I'm planning to drive up to Boston (my former college town) from Connecticut and spend the days of Dec. 30 to Jan. 1 around town. I already have an ongoing set of plans to chill with friends and renewingly partake the city life, but I'm flexible enough to squeeze in some free-up time. I've noticed that there are a handful of ES owners here from MA, and if any of you happen to be within the vicinity of Boston during the New Year's eve break and have some free time, perhaps we can get together for a mini meet of ES's? I'm not asking for too much of a meet, maybe something like a gathering at a parking garage in a mall would suffice. If any of you are interested, please post or PM me. I'm sorry for the rather short notice, but this is what happens when you do last-minute X-mas shopping

-Doug
Old 12-23-02, 03:23 PM
SexieLexie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure Doug, you can count me in. Just let me know where and when.
Old 12-24-02, 12:33 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

OK, so far we have 3 people interested in the meet (steviej, SexieLexie, lexusk8). Here is a tentative list of suggested places to have the gathering:

- South Shore Plaza (10 min south of Boston, exit 6 from I-93S)

- Cambridgeside Galleria (near Museum of Sci, off of rte. 28)

- Watertown or Arsenal Mall (15 min west of Boston, exit 17 from Mass Pike)

All of the places listed have parking garages to serve as a shelter in case we can't meet at a parking lot due to weather conditions. Post here which mall you like to have the meet take place. Also post here if you're interested in coming to the meet. Personally, I like South Shore... it's spacious, easy on/off the highway, and not a particularly bad mall itself.

TIME/DATE TO MEET... the breakdown here is to have the meet take place in the morning (like 10am), on Tuesday, Dec. 31st. I had to give this date/time issue some thought. I do not think Monday would generally be a good day for most people to do anything, especially in the mornings Wednesday is sort of the same story due to being New Year's Day, and I'm sure most people are hung over from partying the night before So I believe Tuesday is the day to hold the meet, and the time is relatively good too, early enough before we get on with our New Year's Eve activities at night. If anyone is opposed to the time and date of the meet, please PM me or post here. Otherwise, the 12/31/02 (Tuesday) meet at 10am is set.
Old 12-24-02, 12:54 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

South Shore Plaza.....its the easiest to get to off the highway, and it is closest to me

10am sounds great. I'll bring the coffee and the camera.

steviej
Old 12-24-02, 01:39 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default pass the word out

Ideally, if we can try to get at least 5 to 8 people in the meet, I think it won't be a bad turnout. Plus, having lived in Boston for many years, I know the city has a large amount of Lexus owners, including some with nice mods. Perhaps most have never heard about ClubLexus, but have much love for their Lex, so if you know some friends/neighbors/coworkers with Lex's (stock or not) and might be interested in coming to the meet, please inform them. I know I said before that I'm not asking too much of a meet, but then again, I would like something that substantiates a worthy Lexus meet in time for the New Year

I'll post a link to this thread on the "Northeast" portion of the "Club Meetings" thread.
Old 12-29-02, 02:34 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default meet coming up on Tuesday...

Alright, so I've heard back from a total of 5 people, either interested or planning to come to the meet: 3 from ClubLexus (you know who you are), and 2 from IS300.net. This is a good number right now, but we can definitely welcome more people to come out on this coming Tuesday if they choose to.

As a reminder, we're having the meet on Tuesday, December 31st @ approximately 10AM in the South Shore Plaza. The Plaza is right off I-93, exit 6, in Braintree, 10 min south of Boston. Where to meet in the plaza, you ask? Well, that's a good question... for starters, the mall is HUGE, and so is the parking lot, not to mention it being spread out in different directions. I'm hoping we can find a section in the lot where we can park together, and since the meet is early in the morning on a weekday, there shouldn't be a problem. I think probably the easiest place for us to meet in the plaza is at the top level of the parking garage. That way, we won't get in the way of traffic or block parking spots. What do you guys think? Let me know, I just don't want us to get lost when we're at the plaza.

One last note... I'll plan to bring donuts and the digicam I got for Christmas, it works very nice and sharp! And just in case if any of you need it, you can PM me for my cell phone.

Looking forward to seeing some nice Lex's this Tuesday,
Doug
Old 12-29-02, 04:04 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

I'll bring the Box of Joe (not decaf), cups cream sugar, etc.

Hope the car wash is open. Its dirty and gray here after the snow.

see ya'll Tuesday.
steviej
Old 12-31-02, 11:53 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Just wanna say thanks to you steviej and SexieLexie for coming out to the meet today, as well as Mike from IS300.net. Though the gathering was short and sweet as I expected, it was a nice opportunity to meet up with other CL members and an IS owner (BTW, he has one heck of a clean-looking, red IS! Wish I remembered to take pics of it We got to talk about our cars and features, the condition and kind of maintenance we keep up on them, and other non-Lexus cars. It was definitely a well-rounded gathering, even though we all stood around in 30-degree temps. Thankfully, steviej brought a box of Dunkin's coffee to keep us warm

Hopefully by the time the snowy weather goes away and the spring season rolls around, we could consider planning out another meet in the Boston area. I'm pretty sure that will happen. And when it does, at least our cars will look cleaner than today with the dirt and rain Thanks again guys!
Old 01-01-03, 08:48 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

It was a pleasure and most definately fun.
Sorry I had to leave early.

sj
Old 01-08-03, 09:06 AM
SexieLexie
Driver School Candidate

I must say that I was definately stressed out about finding a car wash that morning. When I finally found one the guy looked at me like I was out of my mind due to the snow/rain that was happening. I am wondering though how that IS stayed so clean. Maybe he wiped it off before bringing it into the parking garage?!
Anyway, it was nice to meet up with all of you and to learn a thing or two. Lets plan another meet in nicer weather!
Thanks for the coffee StevieJ!
Old 01-08-03, 01:39 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Talking

Glad to hear you guys (SexieLexie and steviej) liked the meet. Even though it was only my 2nd meet so far, this is the first time I've been to one where the ES's outnumbered the rest of the cars (3 to 1) . And I just remembered something... since each of us has an ES from a different generation ('96, '97, '02), it would've been sweet to take a few pics of them lined up . Maybe next time...
Old 09-30-03, 08:37 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default GTG this Saturday (10/4/03)

If any of you are in the Boston vicinity this Saturday, and have no plans, I like to get together with some of you and your ES rides at South Shore Plaza in Braintree MA, at around noon. Here's the list so far:

- lexusk8
- steviej (depending on weather)

As you can see, don't leave me hangin' alone at the mall More info here. C'mon guys, it's not too often you have a fun and informal Lexus gathering like this in MA these days!
Old 10-02-03, 02:14 PM
xsohaib
Driver

I shall see if I can make it. I am currently living in north Boston /Acton area, so......... Plus gotta see how the school work is going. But please let me know of the exact location. My 92 ES is lowered 1.8inches and has IS300 17s, with clear corners and the color is burgundy/maroon (with Alaska License plates, and driven up here recently from Texas )

Sohaib
Old 10-02-03, 06:04 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Sohaib, we'll be meeting at the parking lot near Macy's and Lord Taylor in South Shore Plaza, which is located at the intersection of I-93 and Rte. 3. The easiest way for you to get there from Acton is to take Rte. 2 East (going towards Boston), then take I-95 South, then I-93 North, and get off at exit 6, the last exit before entering Rte. 3. You can't miss the mall from I-93 as you head towards Braintree. Should be about a 40-45 min drive. Hope to see you there!

I PMed you my number in case you need it.