NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Paint shop in NOVA

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-11, 02:42 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint shop in NOVA

I am looking for a professional paint job (show quality) with decent pricing. I went to D&V and charge me 11k for the body+paint, which I think it totally overpriced and owner won't budge. Im looking about half of that pricing.
Old 09-30-11, 08:38 PM
rath
Driver School Candidate

D&V does great work. You have to pay to play my friend.
Old 09-30-11, 09:44 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

check out K&W in Woodbridge
Old 09-30-11, 10:00 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rath
D&V does great work. You have to pay to play my friend.
They might do great work, but a customer knows when they getting ripped off or not.

Originally Posted by xjayho
check out K&W in Woodbridge
Thanks, will try to get an estimate from them.
Old 10-02-11, 02:58 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God damn $11k for a f'in paint job, did it include a new car too?

Try EuroPros...they have great reviews as well.
Old 10-03-11, 01:14 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vntperform
God damn $11k for a f'in paint job, did it include a new car too?

Try EuroPros...they have great reviews as well.
Haha their moto was "do it right or not do it at all" I'm pretty sure lots of body shop can do it right all under 11k.

I'll check Europros for estimate, thanks val
Old 10-03-11, 01:26 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Give me $50 bucks and a can of latex with a brush.
Old 10-03-11, 03:28 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by horent135
Haha their moto was "do it right or not do it at all" I'm pretty sure lots of body shop can do it right all under 11k.

I'll check Europros for estimate, thanks val
If you decide to come to MD..then I can recommend some more peps. Sure..np!
Old 10-03-11, 08:14 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Euro pros has an excellent rep, but you will pay. You can also try wagonwork in alexandrea VA. The ratings nowadays are all over the place. This once great collision repair shop formerly owned by Mike Anderson, has been devoured and exploited by the Pohanka dealership group but you might get lucky. But as a painter in a bodyshop I can tell you that looks can be deceiving. I worked at a shop in beltsville, MD that was and still is one of the largest repair shops around. COLLISION WORKS. This shop has now been consumed by MILEONE group... I would watch the owner come out into the "bank like" lobby,and dazzel the customers with his salmon pink tommy bahama dress-shirt, hair gel, and "free coke or snapple while you wait" and then go back in the shop and watch the body guys turn out some of the most hacked-up body-work you can imagine...... oh well....... But the point Im trying to make is,,,, It does'nt matter what the lobby looks like. All that matters is the actual human-being-person that is putting his hands on your car, period. Ask the owner for a walk-around tour of the shop and observe. Are the employees happy? Or do they look like they want to kill them selves? Also, What kind of paint will the shop be using on your car????? If they say B.A.S.F. Then you should know that B.A.S.F. has three lines of paint. #3 Limco , #2 Diamount , and #1 Glasurit. Do you know which is the best?

If you are looking for some crazy fab work I dont know what that costs, but a show quality paint-job with full de-trim,jambs painted and wet-sanding and buffing should run you about $5500- 8000 depending on the size of your car and color choice.
Old 10-04-11, 03:42 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=breadbeat;6725276]Euro pros has an excellent rep, but you will pay. You can also try wagonwork in alexandrea VA. The ratings nowadays are all over the place. This once great collision repair shop formerly owned by Mike Anderson, has been devoured and exploited by the Pohanka dealership group but you might get lucky. But as a painter in a bodyshop I can tell you that looks can be deceiving. I worked at a shop in beltsville, MD that was and still is one of the largest repair shops around. COLLISION WORKS. This shop has now been consumed by MILEONE group... I would watch the owner come out into the "bank like" lobby,and dazzel the customers with his salmon pink tommy bahama dress-shirt, hair gel, and "free coke or snapple while you wait" and then go back in the shop and watch the body guys turn out some of the most hacked-up body-work you can imagine...... oh well....... But the point Im trying to make is,,,, It does'nt matter what the lobby looks like. All that matters is the actual human-being-person that is putting his hands on your car, period. Ask the owner for a walk-around tour of the shop and observe. Are the employees happy? Or do they look like they want to kill them selves? Also, What kind of paint will the shop be using on your car????? If they say B.A.S.F. Then you should know that B.A.S.F. has three lines of paint. #3 Limco , #2 Diamount , and #1 Glasurit. Do you know which is the best?

If you are looking for some crazy fab work I dont know what that costs, but a show quality paint-job with full de-trim,jambs painted and wet-sanding and buffing should run you about $5500- 8000 depending on the size of your car and color choice.[/QUOTE]

I agree w/what your saying. I was quoted $6450 to do my supra..that including stripping the car to nothing...all glass removed, doors removed, all the trim removed, etc.
Old 11-11-11, 04:04 PM
Mreece1
Driver School Candidate

you have PM