Backup plan: Pei Wei asian diner, columbia MD 3/28

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-09, 08:51 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Backup plan: Pei Wei asian diner, columbia MD 3/28

NELOC,
With all this talk of rain and the BBQ postponement, i have decided to enact a backup plan for those of us who still want to meet up or had already planned to make the meet. The Pei Wei asian diner in columbia, MD has a very large and empty parking lot, which allows ample parking, as well as a greatb location for pictures, and its a pretty good restaraunt as well...for those who dont like asian cuisine, there is a fuddruckers and a quodoba in walking distance and sharing the same parking lots. Columbia isnt too far from smittys, and may even be closer for some! In addition, there are many other bars and attractions nearby, so theres many oppertunities for everyone to take the bash elsewhere afterwards!
Hoping we dont get any rain and the BBQ will be ON, but here is a back up plan just in case!

bring your umbrellas!

hope to see everyone saturday rain or shine

Columbia, MD 21045
(410) 423-2550
Time: 3pm
when: Sat 3/28, only if BBQ is called.
Old 03-26-09, 08:11 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

man, pei wei is delicious.
Old 03-26-09, 08:23 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the chicken pad thai cuz i can eat on it for 2 lunches and its only like 6$, but my wife does make much better pad thai...
Old 03-27-09, 06:14 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry Corey, no Pei Wei for me. I'll eat anything else that's not a sorry excuse for Asian food. Maybe we can meet up for drinks early evening or something.
Old 03-27-09, 07:37 AM
camelflage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
sorry Corey, no Pei Wei for me. I'll eat anything else that's not a sorry excuse for Asian food. Maybe we can meet up for drinks early evening or something.

seriously though i think the nova people might be going to the all meat buffet or hooters on saturday, then maybe the hard core players can head into DC and meet up.
Old 03-27-09, 07:45 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

I'll go. Is there a list of attendees. Put me as a maybe.
Old 03-27-09, 07:57 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by camelflage

seriously though i think the nova people might be going to the all meat buffet or hooters on saturday, then maybe the hard core players can head into DC and meet up.
lol...yeah I'm hatin. I like my southeast Asian food authentic and home cooked. I was born in Thailand and raised on this stuff. If you put something "Thai" in front of me, you better mean it or I'm throwing it out. I rather eat meat on a sword.
Old 03-27-09, 09:38 AM
CarlISlePA
Driver

put me as a probably... is the location going to change to something everyone is ok with? from the above posts it seems alot wont go due to the choice of restaraunt..
Old 03-27-09, 09:50 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
lol...yeah I'm hatin. I like my southeast Asian food authentic and home cooked. I was born in Thailand and raised on this stuff. If you put something "Thai" in front of me, you better mean it or I'm throwing it out. I rather eat meat on a sword.
hahaha she said meat sword.

but anyways. im a maybe for pei wei. id rather go to malibu grill tho.

so are the md and nova guys gonna be seperated this weekend?
Old 03-27-09, 11:02 AM
camelflage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
hahaha she said meat sword.

but anyways. im a maybe for pei wei. id rather go to malibu grill tho.

so are the md and nova guys gonna be seperated this weekend?
depends on who all i still coming... i know JayR and you were planning to come up still and i know the ISF crew is down with some malibu if you guys wanna stay closer to home. columbia is kinda far for us to do dinner but i realize fairfax is far for the MD people as well. so its 6 to 1, half dozen to the other...
Old 03-27-09, 11:06 AM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about TimBuktu... Great crab caakes big parking lot.. it by arundel mills area

http://www.timbukturestaurant.com/

Last edited by JZCHAOS; 03-27-09 at 11:07 AM. Reason: 4got link
Old 03-27-09, 11:22 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by camelflage
depends on who all i still coming... i know JayR and you were planning to come up still and i know the ISF crew is down with some malibu if you guys wanna stay closer to home. columbia is kinda far for us to do dinner but i realize fairfax is far for the MD people as well. so its 6 to 1, half dozen to the other...

well after driving 4+ hours to get up there another 30-45 mins to meet people is no problem for me. if MD crew doesnt want to go to fairfax area and NoVa crew doesnt want to go to MD. isnt there something in the middle? that we can all agree on? i know pf changs is a big no no. hahahah jp. this is you guys' area so you gotta throw stuff out so i know where to drive.

jayR i dont know whats going on with him with all his car problems. im coming from the other end of the state so we were gonna meet up where everyone was.

itll be kinda sad that people are gonna get together in 2 different spots just over a little drive. =(
Old 03-27-09, 11:30 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

What going on this weekend since BBQ is delay..... I dont mind going MD or stay around NOVA, since im in NOVA area already!
Old 03-27-09, 05:16 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can do either NoVa or columbia...its all legit to me
im just thrown out ideas

we need to establish something collective and definite that we can all attend, because having two seperate get togethers wouldent make sense

lets choose something, an area, get a definite list of whos still in, and have it set in stone asap.

my # is 410-598-9467, please feel free to call if anyone has any better ideas or a better plan.

Last edited by 03 ES; 03-27-09 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-27-09, 09:17 PM
porsche601
Driver

so still columbia or did that change?

Quick Reply: Backup plan: Pei Wei asian diner, columbia MD 3/28