Help or suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-09, 12:53 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help or suggestions...

Guys and gals...

I know that not many of you have heard what had happened but the car caught on fire again after it left the shop. This time, the fire was worse than the last and we didnt have anything to put it out with. State farm has been really good about it and I have an option to buy the car back which i will.. There are too many parts in it that will exceed the value of the buy back..

Thus, I need some advice or suggestions on where I can have the car towed to so that I can perform a break down of the entire car.. the brakes, suspension, all interior pieces, trunk pieces, exhaust, wheels, and yadadada.. I wanna tear it all apart and sell the parts... fire damage was only to the front end of the vehicle luckily... If anyone knows of a safe place that this can be done or can suggest to me maybe a junkyard that will allow me to go in and tear things out of the car, let me know... i care most about the suspension, exhaust, tail lights, trunk setup, trunk spoiler, rear bumper insert, front brakes, SS lines, wheels, HID ballast if not melted, airbag, center console, double din and dvd player, headrest monitors, and etc... Any ideas guys?

Dont worry.. I dont plan on leaving the NELOC family.. Got something in the works....

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.. State farm is willing to tow the car wherever i ask within reason for free...
Old 02-25-09, 12:58 PM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

hope they didn't tow you down to waldorf... theres a spot down there where Insurance Company's tow to... those guys will rip you off!!!
Old 02-25-09, 12:59 PM
beez43
Pole Position

well the insurance guys will tow my car to wherever I want them to and its at their own lot apparently...
Old 02-25-09, 01:06 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Also... Expect a partout thread to be posted as well soon afterwards...
Old 02-25-09, 01:06 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

somebody with a front yard help Al out!!
Old 02-25-09, 01:31 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

i know its a hike but you can have it brought down here al. I have a barn/shed thats big enough for four cars. it might take some time to get the whole thing torn apart but its free storage. my lease doesnt end till Nov.

lmk whats up i may even be able to get a truck and trailer to come get it. of course ill need some gas money cuz im broke. lol
Old 02-25-09, 01:40 PM
beez43
Pole Position

im gonna give you call later tonight man..... also, wait till you see what i might get next!!
Old 02-25-09, 01:54 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Ohmigod Al, I'm so sorry! I know you put a lot of work into your car. My parents in VA own a repair shop in Falls Church close to the Eden plaza, but they will probably charge you up the a** to store it on their lot since they don't know you. Plus my parents aren't the most easy going people to work with, I'm their daughter and they never give me a break...lol. If it were my shop, u know I'd do whatever, but if that is easiest for you, I can give you my mom's number and you can speak with her and work out a deal. Call me if you want.
Old 02-25-09, 01:57 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
Ohmigod Al, I'm so sorry! I know you put a lot of work into your car. My parents in VA own a repair shop in Falls Church close to the Eden plaza, but they will probably charge you up the a** to store it on their lot since they don't know you. Plus my parents aren't the most easy going people to work with, I'm their daughter and they never give me a break...lol. If it were my shop, u know I'd do whatever, but if that is easiest for you, I can give you my mom's number and you can speak with her and work out a deal. Call me if you want.
I work 5mins away from Eden

btw, sorry to what happened to your ride Al.
Old 02-26-09, 05:06 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

That really sucks. Im glad your keeping a positive attitude and making the most of this situation. Glad the Work's survived the flames. If they would of caught fire, you could of listed them on craigslist as "burnt metal finish"

Good luck with the part out and the sales of the items
Old 02-26-09, 08:00 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your car. If you are going to be parting out your car, i am interested in buying some parts. Let me know.
Old 02-26-09, 08:28 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Thank you all for your generosity and unconditional support. I truly appreciate the friendships that were cultivated through NELOC and hopefully I can work something out with Joe.. I will be putting a bunch of part out threads but if you guys can start sending me an email of what you would like to albertsunglee@gmail.com, then i can have those requests in consideration as we determine what will be sent to Joe's place and what will stay up in MD or dc area... i appreciate all your help once more and i look forward to the next bbq at smitty's house... I will have a ride by then!!!
Old 02-26-09, 08:40 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

wow, sorry man. did you ever find out what caused it?
is everything under the hood toast? block etc..
Old 02-26-09, 08:47 AM
beez43
Pole Position

have to take a look at it but as far as it goes... i think everything is done.. there is a long shot that the FIC, BOV, boomslang harness, might be ok.. but the intercooler is good for sure...
Old 02-26-09, 12:50 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

damn bro..that really sucks man...hope everything works out...

Quick Reply: Help or suggestions...