NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

my porsche 911sc race car

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-08, 09:37 PM
porsche601
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my porsche 911sc race car

my 1983 Porsche 911sc set up for the PCA club racing G-stock class. its got a 3.0 L flat 6. since its in g-stock, the motor has to be stock excpt modified air box, and full custom headers and mufflers, and full suspension, cage, seats, harness, yada yada yada. its a blast to drive but it lacks a lil on the straight, so the supra will solve those problems

New paint scheme for '07

some action pics at summit point

aftermath of the wreck :088: (the story on the accident http://www.mdstreetscene.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7759 )

(i have more pics from the rest of the weekend but they are on a cd and my truck is in the shop )

got the racing stripe put on while i was tearing down the mk3 thursday after i picked up the supra

[/
Old 08-05-08, 09:39 PM
porsche601
Driver

Old 08-05-08, 09:52 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

dang ur race Porsche is sick, love that body style Porsche.
Old 08-06-08, 03:48 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

sweet dude. in the sig it looks almost light blue, that's why i asked if it was in the gulf liveries lol

dad had a black 944 when i was little. i barely fit in the back seat lol
Old 08-06-08, 04:18 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

loving the race car man
Old 08-06-08, 07:13 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang that is sick, I love this kind of Porsche race cars. I also love the older variant with the Carrera stripes too. Also loving that 993 variant behind you in the first pic
Old 08-07-08, 08:47 PM
porsche601
Driver

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
dang ur race Porsche is sick, love that body style Porsche.
thanks

Originally Posted by nabbun
sweet dude. in the sig it looks almost light blue, that's why i asked if it was in the gulf liveries lol

dad had a black 944 when i was little. i barely fit in the back seat lol
thanks, yea, the sig quality is kindy ****ty. yea, porsches don't have much room in the back seat but the come in handy if you have to go in the back

Originally Posted by wowitztai
loving the race car man
thanks

Originally Posted by mikez
Dang that is sick, I love this kind of Porsche race cars. I also love the older variant with the Carrera stripes too. Also loving that 993 variant behind you in the first pic
thanks man
Old 08-07-08, 08:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Nice! Can't see the aftermath link but from the pic it looks like your wreck (damaged car) is in the paddock at VIR - happen there?

My wife has a track car (DE, not wheel to wheel but building to that) we run with PCA, BMWCCA Triangle and a few other clubs in the area - mainly CMP, VIR and Roebling Road.

PS signatures need to be 450 x 100 please
Old 08-07-08, 09:07 PM
porsche601
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Nice! Can't see the aftermath link but from the pic it looks like your wreck (damaged car) is in the paddock at VIR - happen there?

My wife has a track car (DE, not wheel to wheel but building to that) we run with PCA, BMWCCA Triangle and a few other clubs in the area - mainly CMP, VIR and Roebling Road.

PS signatures need to be 450 x 100 please
damn, i guess you have to be a member to view the thread cause it works for me... oh well.... and yea, good call, it happened at VIR at a DE. i went out in the rain cause i hadn't been there for awhile so i was just taking it easy and after coming down the hog pen i turned right to make the turn where the pit in is and the car kept going straight, si i just drove it straight off and was gonna to drive back on the track controlably but as soon as it hit the grass it took off, long story shot got it to rotate instead of going in head on. i went off doing like 35mph and i gained speed from the wet glass and plus down hill like 100 yards to the tire wall, i prob hit it doing like 60+mph...

thats all i run now too is DE, but its set up for PCA club racing. i'm in the black run group. you should sign up for the PCA VIR DE in Sept, like 2nd weekend. i'll be there

and ps... i'll change my sig to 450 X 100 later. any reason why it can't be like it is?
Old 08-07-08, 09:29 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche601
thats all i run now too is DE, but its set up for PCA club racing. i'm in the black run group. you should sign up for the PCA VIR DE in Sept, like 2nd weekend. i'll be there

and ps... i'll change my sig to 450 X 100 later. any reason why it can't be like it is?
We'll be there the following weekend with the Tarheel BMW guys, not sure about the Potomac DE. She doesn't track her Porsche and some of the clubs don't allow non P-cars; can't recall if Potomac is one of them. She runs in black as well.

Yes please, take it down until you fix it. It can't be like it is because it doesn't fit within our forum signature rules.
Old 08-10-08, 09:54 PM
porsche601
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
We'll be there the following weekend with the Tarheel BMW guys, not sure about the Potomac DE. She doesn't track her Porsche and some of the clubs don't allow non P-cars; can't recall if Potomac is one of them. She runs in black as well.

Yes please, take it down until you fix it. It can't be like it is because it doesn't fit within our forum signature rules.
got it. well its a PCA zone2 event and they allow any car to run. that makes it fun i think. but yea, potomac only alows pca members and porsches, which is gay, but w/e.... thats sweet, once i get done building the supra, i;m gonna run it with other clubs in their DE since like i said, potomac only allows p-cars
Old 08-12-08, 07:41 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like a very fun ride
Old 08-12-08, 09:04 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice.... I must inquire... where about do you find a porsche like that to build into a race car? I dont think rennlist is that sort of crowd.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 08-13-08, 08:00 AM
porsche601
Driver

Originally Posted by FlavesLex
Looks like a very fun ride
thanks man, yea its a blast

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
Very Nice.... I must inquire... where about do you find a porsche like that to build into a race car? I dont think rennlist is that sort of crowd.

Thanks,
Rich
thanks. we found the car for sale like 6-7 years ago, the guy already started gutting it and than we gutted everything, put a cage in, suspension, motor rebuild, tranny wheels etc. it was a street car and we built it into a race car. the best way to find one already built would be to go to some of the track events cause it'll be hard to find them cause they don't appeal to everyday people since its a race car, so they usually keep it close knit within the club since the fellow members are interested too. there are several magazines that circulate within the clubs and people put their cars up for sale in them. but again, thats all within the porsche club.

so you could either search for one already built or just find a street car and start converting it. hope that helped out what you wanted to know
Old 08-13-08, 11:37 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, It did. I will make it out to some more Porsche events here. I have been casually looking for a 911. just havent taken the plunge with thoughts of a GTR looming