NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Need Help Asap!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 02:25 PM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Need Help Asap!

I was hit a few weeks ago and have been having a hard time finding a rear bumper for my car. insurance is paying so i need it from a dealer. I'm only looking for the rear bumper and I need it ASAP going on a month and insurance is giving the body shop a hard time about the rental its all through the other guys insurance so not to much they can really do but still would like to get one asap. if i could get one from some place on the east coast or if anyone knows of a good place that'll ship quick or even a knock off with excellent fitment please let me know asap
thanks alot,
Dave
Old 07-22-08, 04:11 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont understand why its hard to find one, are they trying to find a used one for you? I am sure dealers can get that if I can still get parts for my 92 I find it hard to believe they can't source a bumper from a 2001 Lexus. Any of the DC/MD/VA dealers should be able to get that for you.
Old 07-22-08, 05:02 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
I dont understand why its hard to find one, are they trying to find a used one for you? I am sure dealers can get that if I can still get parts for my 92 I find it hard to believe they can't source a bumper from a 2001 Lexus. Any of the DC/MD/VA dealers should be able to get that for you.
I'd have to agree with Mark on this one. I'm not understanding why you can't find one.
Old 07-22-08, 05:31 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

may want to contact Gazi(Aliga) in NY. He may have one laying around to ship to ya.
Old 07-22-08, 06:36 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

if you are shopping for the parts by yourself and trying to pocket some of the insurance money, then I can understand why finding a rear bumper can be difficult especially if you want it from the dealer. But if the shop is taking all of the insurance money and they are having a hard time finding a bumper for you, then they are not a good shop. I was rear ended a few months ago and I needed an entire rear bumper assembly, trunk and tailights and the shop took care of everything. I had my car back to factory condition in less than two weeks and the paint job is better than when I bought the car...I think you need to get on the shop. You are the customer and you really shouldn't worry about anything, especially if it's the other person's insurance company.
Old 07-22-08, 07:16 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ouch...lol
Originally Posted by LexGrl702
if you are shopping for the parts by yourself and trying to pocket some of the insurance money, then I can understand why finding a rear bumper can be difficult especially if you want it from the dealer. But if the shop is taking all of the insurance money and they are having a hard time finding a bumper for you, then they are not a good shop. I was rear ended a few months ago and I needed an entire rear bumper assembly, trunk and tailights and the shop took care of everything. I had my car back to factory condition in less than two weeks and the paint job is better than when I bought the car...I think you need to get on the shop. You are the customer and you really shouldn't worry about anything, especially if it's the other person's insurance company.
Old 07-22-08, 07:46 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
touche!

preach on...
Old 07-23-08, 09:04 AM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the cwest style kit on my car,guess i should have said that, which they are going to replace. they actually tried to put the stock one on. but yeah they were able to get the stock one no problem its just the cwest one has to come from Cali. i was hoping someone might know a local distributor that may have one.I have no interest in pocketing any of the money really just want my car fixed asap and right
Old 07-23-08, 09:08 AM
nyczzzjohn
Driver

try the site sponsors: www.l-tunedparts.com or http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/
Old 07-23-08, 09:15 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

just tell them to ship overnight since ur not paying for it.
Old 07-23-08, 09:35 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah noting that it was an aftermarket bumper changes things a bit but...
Something sounds fishy. There is no reason if they have had that car a month a bumper could not be sourced AND shipped to the body shop from the manufacturer. The insurance company is playin some kind of game hoping to buy a "previously enjoyed" piece and not pay for "new" since they dont want to return your car to condition they feel would be better than it was and limit their exposure.

Do some research and keep in your back pocket if appropriate...Review your state insurance laws and your specific policy for the term "diminutive value". Tell them you will be looking to be compensated for this as well unless things begin to pick up. You can also engage your insurance company for some tips.

Good Luck!
Old 07-23-08, 10:08 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

It just so happens that I have a C-West rear for sale. Hit me up.
Old 07-23-08, 01:42 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 96gti2.0t
I have the cwest style kit on my car,guess i should have said that, which they are going to replace. they actually tried to put the stock one on. but yeah they were able to get the stock one no problem its just the cwest one has to come from Cali. i was hoping someone might know a local distributor that may have one.I have no interest in pocketing any of the money really just want my car fixed asap and right
Hey man, I wasn't trying to be a b*tch to you or anything, I just wanted to get you fired up to get on the people who are being paid to fix your car right AND the insurance company. The other person's insurance company should be getting on their knees and giving you what you want so that you don't sue the F out of them because some stupid person hit your Lexus! Good luck and let me know if you need help sueing, I work for lawyers...haha

I'll leave the aftermarket bumper search to the boys...lord knows I have no clue what your bumper is. lol