NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NJ Ideas??

Old 01-26-06, 11:50 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NJ Ideas??

In the same vain as GSoup's "NY Stand Up" thread, what does NJ think? Should we meet on our own as well? Or meet with the NY crew as one unit? We could do the Pallisades Mall meet again and include both NY/NJ, or we could do something more central in NJ so all people interested can make it. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

I would definately volunteer myself to help organize NJ meets but I will not be a member of NELOC that will be showing his car. Mine is a daily driver that has very minor things done to it. I will be there to support other members though.

Speak up guys!!!
Old 01-26-06, 11:56 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well i was thinking of the Fort Lee spot that didn't happen in the end of the summer , actually..come to think of it... there are bbq grills there..LOL so that would be good...

Its right over the GW's bridge so its not that far for NY'ers... but yeah that would be cool if we could meet NY/NJ to jump this off...
Old 01-26-06, 12:02 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mkorsu
In the same vain as GSoup's "NY Stand Up" thread, what does NJ think? Should we meet on our own as well? Or meet with the NY crew as one unit? We could do the Pallisades Mall meet again and include both NY/NJ, or we could do something more central in NJ so all people interested can make it. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

I would definately volunteer myself to help organize NJ meets but I will not be a member of NELOC that will be showing his car. Mine is a daily driver that has very minor things done to it. I will be there to support other members though.

Speak up guys!!!

Bring that SC out NELOC is for everyone stock or not don't matter. I appreciate you and GSoup's efforts.
Old 01-26-06, 12:02 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Doing the Ross Dock thing sounds like a real good idea. Mid March should be nice enough weather that we're not freezing our butts off!

If you're organizing this I'll give whatever help I can. 1 suggestion after the last attempt got all FUBAR'd. We give 1 meet date and 1 raindate. That's it!!! No crap about "It might rain....waa...waaa" The organizers make the final call. Meet is on, or meet is off. Thats it.

Sorry to sound harsh, but in order to get this off the ground I think it has to be this way.
Old 01-26-06, 12:04 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by cherplex
Bring that SC out NELOC is for everyone stock or not don't matter. I appreciate you and GSoup's efforts.

Definately a NELOC member, just not showing the car.

There's just...nothing to show!
Old 01-26-06, 12:32 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Doing the Ross Dock thing sounds like a real good idea. Mid March should be nice enough weather that we're not freezing our butts off!

If you're organizing this I'll give whatever help I can. 1 suggestion after the last attempt got all FUBAR'd. We give 1 meet date and 1 raindate. That's it!!! No crap about "It might rain....waa...waaa" The organizers make the final call. Meet is on, or meet is off. Thats it.

Sorry to sound harsh, but in order to get this off the ground I think it has to be this way.
i agree...
Old 01-26-06, 02:17 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

i say somewhere in central jersey. i just wouldnt have a single clue where.
Old 01-26-06, 06:23 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noob questions-

What do you guys actually do at these things? Do you park together and show off your cars? Does anyone want to see a stock car, or do we park them off to the side?

I think the last couple of March's there was a foot or two of snow on the ground around that time, no problem for my SUV, but...

If you are looking for central New Jersey, there is Mercer County Park (some parking lots, benches and a few grills). They have a private covered area with its own lot, but that involves reservations and $50-$100. A bit further north there is at least one nice park in the New Brunswick Somerset area.
Old 01-27-06, 06:08 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im scanning central NJ now to try to come up with a spot...Ill report soon!!
Old 01-27-06, 06:47 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by SilverLady
Noob questions-

What do you guys actually do at these things? Do you park together and show off your cars? Does anyone want to see a stock car, or do we park them off to the side?

I think the last couple of March's there was a foot or two of snow on the ground around that time, no problem for my SUV, but...

If you are looking for central New Jersey, there is Mercer County Park (some parking lots, benches and a few grills). They have a private covered area with its own lot, but that involves reservations and $50-$100. A bit further north there is at least one nice park in the New Brunswick Somerset area.
No problem Silver Lady! We do various things, and stock vehicles are fine! Heck, mine is one too!!
But we do look at people's cars. Usually looking to see what they have done new, or maybe it's the first time we've seen the car. The most important thing, IMO, is getting to meet the other members and putting faces with the screen names.

As far as location goes..........I'm up for anything but I do think we want to choose a spot that is somewhat accessable to all NJ members. I live right in that New Brunswick, Somerset area and my house is an option as well (if we can't find something better suited). I do have a large grass field/lot that is used by the park across the street as parking. It would be well suited for putting everyone's cars in!

We could possibly turn it into an impromptu BBQ!
Old 01-27-06, 06:52 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

YEaaaaa.. BBQ at marks house.....

LOL..
Old 01-27-06, 07:08 AM
NORTHSIDE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
Well i was thinking of the Fort Lee spot that didn't happen in the end of the summer , actually..come to think of it... there are bbq grills there..LOL so that would be good...

Its right over the GW's bridge so its not that far for NY'ers... but yeah that would be cool if we could meet NY/NJ to jump this off...

Sounds good that you guys are planning the meet..Question-is it for PA members too?
Old 01-27-06, 07:40 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by NORTHSIDE
Sounds good that you guys are planning the meet..Question-is it for PA members too?

I would say they're open to anyone. Right now we're trying to get a handle on the direction NELOC will head and try to meet the regional members. But by all means, show up once a meet is set!!!
Old 01-27-06, 07:45 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I would say they're open to anyone. Right now we're trying to get a handle on the direction NELOC will head and try to meet the regional members. But by all means, show up once a meet is set!!!

Mark's right. The meets are open to everyone. If someone wants to drive a couple hours to a meet it's cool.
Old 01-27-06, 08:31 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

any ideas on when?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NJ Ideas??