Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

GS400 master window switch - electronic board

Old 09-06-12, 06:19 AM
palmerruss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS400 master window switch - electronic board

Hello:
i have a GS400 that has intermitent window issues on pass side. I've narrowed the issue to the master window switch on driver's side which I've serviced several times now. After cleaning the contacts on the electronic board attached to the switch everything works fine but after a while begins to work only intermitently.

does anyone know the actual part no. of the electronic board under (ie.. attached under) the master window switch? ebay and others are asking a small fortune to replace the whole switch, however I only need the electronic board as mine may have a defect -- the switches and buttons are fine. my next question is does anyone know if the master window switch electronic board in the GS400 can be replaced by boards for LS400, etc....? they look same in pix but hard to tell if contacts line up.

any additional insights are welcome why the pass side window works intermitently.

looking forward to your input
Russ
Old 09-08-12, 05:34 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The way cars are anymore, trying to buy just that piece new may prove difficult or impossible by itself. Car manufacturers have reduced their # of inventoried parts by combining things that may at one time have been available separately.

If it is not listed on a parts diagram, which I assume you looked at by your other post, then your only bet may be to source a used one... Used auto parts places may be able to cross reference them, but, same as a new parts department, if its not available separately, there probably isn't a cross reference either...
Old 09-10-12, 07:11 AM
palmerruss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default contact points

yeah, i figured the board iteslf would be difficult to impossible to find. from what I can see, the contact points under each button and the board itself appears to oxidize over time causing a poor or inadequate connection(s). maybe next i will spray with electronic coating/sealer to prevent further oxidation.

Looks like my only option is to find a switch on Ebay/other and replace the board or whole switch. thanks for input. if it will help i can post pix of my fixes on this particular part --- but i'm sure there are others online already.
rp