Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus Dealership Service Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-02, 10:17 AM
RacingAristo

Should we compile a list of "DO NOT VISIT" dealers?
Old 06-03-02, 06:29 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Should we compile a list of "DO NOT VISIT" dealers?
NO.

No dealership is perfect. Many people will easily castrate a dealership for any mistake, no matter how big or small. What's important is did they make it right. A mistake in the eyes of any lexus owner is very different from person to person. Sure, I've seen some pretty good goof ups. But there are others who would rage over a poor car wash. Then give you a bad survey for it.

my 2 cents.

Old 06-03-02, 06:42 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DevildogIS300

NO.

No dealership is perfect. Many people will easily castrate a dealership for any mistake, no matter how big or small. What's important is did they make it right. A mistake in the eyes of any lexus owner is very different from person to person. Sure, I've seen some pretty good goof ups. But there are others who would rage over a poor car wash. Then give you a bad survey for it.

my 2 cents.

I'm not sure what your definition is of perfect is, I guess we all have out own definitions, but I sure as hell don't anticipate any goof ups when I bring my car in for service. If a delaership dings a door, scuffs something, or breaks something, I sure as hell don't thinks it's OK if "they make it right" in the end.

If I am paying a premuim labor rate for professional service at a dealership, they better damn well know exactly what they are doing, and get it right the first time, no ifs ands or buts.

Would I rather get a perfect LSD install instead of a perfect car wash? Sure. But if you are going to include a car wash as part of the "service", then it is fair game on a survey, and you should be more than willing to accpet the survey results. Do it right, or don't do it. I never let the dealship wash my car, FWIW.

Not sure if a "NO List" is a good idea, but it is a good idea I think to vent about dealships, and why bads things happen.
Old 06-16-02, 06:26 PM
gs300-101
Rookie

Here comes my 2 cents from past Good and Bad experiences at my Dealership. Knowing that some dealerships participate in this forum, I think it would be beneficial to have a rating system of some sort. We can post the Good and the Bad experiences and give both parties an opportunity to voice their sides.

Back on the subject, I feel the same way as Dex. Quote “do it right, or don’t do it”.
Old 06-17-02, 08:30 AM
lex430
Lead Lap

There used to a thread where everyone rated their dealerships based on their own personal experiences on the sales/service department, with a 5 star system. I thought the tread was great and informative for people that have doubts about certain dealerships.

I can't seem to find that thead anymore, can someone bring it back and stick it in the maintenance forum as a permanent reference?
Old 06-17-02, 02:15 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

there is a dealer near me that I had problems with but wont go into it.. it is funny some dealers are very good and some jsut have good sales ppl and bad service..
Old 06-18-02, 09:31 AM
hyperopt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by GSquicksilver
...Lexus of Westminster. All I can say is, DON'T BRING IT THERE.
Obviously, there are countless number of customers who are happied with Lexus service at a particular dealer, otherwise, Lexus dealers would lose a major source of income. Let's be fair and post the reasons why you don't think we should "bring it there".
Old 06-27-02, 11:12 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hyperopt,

if you don't want your car *****ed up, then don't bring it there. if you want them to bend ur plates and scratch your bumper, bring it there. ready my first post.

AND I DON'T CARE IF THEY FIX ALL THEIR PROBLEMS THAT THEY CAUSED. THEY SHOULDN'T BE PRAISED. THERE'S NO REASON THEY SHOULD ***** UP A CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE. I BET ANY ONE OF YOU WOULD NOT WANT ANY STUPID MECHANIC TO FREAKIN PUT A DENT IN YOUR CAR FOR NO REASON.

who cares if they repair what they messed up. there's no reason for a screw up in the first place.