Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus Dealership Service Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-02, 07:43 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Dealership Service Nightmare

Man, last week was a nightmare for me. I brought in my GS4 for service under warranty at a Lexus dealership to replace a waterpump. Picked it up the next day and found that the dealership stole my keychain, ripped up my front license plate, and scuffed the bottom part of my bumper near the damaged plate. Got pissed, but decided to come back the next day to settle the issue cuz it was closing time. Drove to work the next day, parked my car, and low and behold, my engine belt pops off! Pissed me off big time. Had my car towed back to the dealership and I totally wreaked havoc on the manager there. Turns out that my power steering pulley fell off and that was why the belt came off (the stupid idiot who worked on my car forgot to put the damn nut on the pulley wheel to secure it). So I got a new engine belt, brand new spanking power steering pump, got them to resurface and paint my bumper, give me a 27 point inspection on my car, and got a FREE Lexus keychain. They managed to bend my plate back in shape and told me if I put a frame on it, you won't notice any damage that was done to it. So I got them to give me a set of Lexus plates (the ones with the LEXUS logo that pops out). All I can say is, don't bring ur car to a Lexus dealership for service unless it is under warranty, cuz you probably don't want to void the warranty. Oh yeah, hehe, they also removed a door ding I had by paintless dent removal. They probably thought they did it and were peeing in their pants, so they removed it. The ding has always been there. Muahahahaha!

Last edited by GSquicksilver; 05-29-02 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-29-02, 07:58 AM
Static911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got a new engine belt, brand new spanking power steering pump, got them to resurface and paint my bumper, give me a 27 point inspection on my car, and got a FREE Lexus keychain. They managed to bend my plate back in shape and told me if I put a frame on it, you won't notice any damage that was done to it. So I got them to give me a set of Lexus plates (the ones with the LEXUS logo that pops out). All I can say is, don't bring ur car to a Lexus dealership for service unless it is under warranty, cuz you probably don't want to void the warranty. Oh yeah, hehe, they also removed a door ding I had by paintless dent removal. They probably thought they did it and were peeing in their pants, so they removed it. The ding has always been there.
Let me understand this point. So they screwed up and they made good of their screw up and you say "Lexus Dealership service Sucks"?

I can understand your point if they screwed up and threatened to call the cops on you because you're demanding they fix their mistake. But they didn't...

Ethan
Old 05-29-02, 08:03 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

dude man, if their service was good in the first place, I WOULD HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND I WOULD NOT HAVE TO HAVE GONE BACK TO THEM. Take in mind that when the engine belt comes off, your power steering also goes. So if i was on the freeway, who knows what would have happened. I would have probably had problems steering and my car could have overheated since the belt was not turning the water pump.
Old 05-29-02, 08:12 AM
Static911

Actually, I was editing my post when you replied. True, I do somewhat agree with your point. They should've done the right thing the first time around. However, I still believe the service did not suck because of not what they did, but how they tried to remedy the situation. Yes, it is disappointing that they couldn't get it done correctly the first time around, but that doesn't make the service "suck".

I wrote the "call the cops" incident because that is what happened to one of our members about 10 months ago.

However, I think a more appropriate title would be, "dealership screwed up and fixed the problem". Of course, there, you could tell of how they screwed up.

All four Lexus' we own had one type of incident with the dealership service. But one incident out of a 10 year lifespan is not that bad. Of course, they always rush somebody out to take care of it.

I don't doubt it was a nightmare nor a headache for you...I remember I had to urgently go somewhere (like a meeting or something) and the car wouldn't start, but yet, we just replaced the battery at the dealership.

Good luck with your car,

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 05-29-02 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-29-02, 08:19 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

i changed word "sucks" to "nightmare" but for some reason, it only shows up in the post, not the header.
Old 05-29-02, 08:21 AM
Static911

Yeah, trying to fix that problem on vBulletin.

But anyhow, how long did it take them to fix the problems they caused?

Ethan
Old 05-29-02, 08:27 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

took them a week. and when i picked up my car, my paint had some paint dust from the repainted bumper. so i had them immediately buff it off so it would be smooth again. they buffed it, but it was still kinda rough, so i just said, "screw it, I'll do it myself" took it home, bought some polishing compound, rebuffed my car, and now it's as good as new. the service manager told me that they would pop my bumper out to repaint it, but when i picked it up, they said they didn't. so that was another disapointment. if they would have taken my bumper out and repainted, they would not have gotten some paint dust on my car.

Last edited by GSquicksilver; 05-29-02 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-29-02, 09:04 AM
kreativ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the customer service at your dealership is good.
I'd be glad if my dealership gave me a new set of the expensive Lexus frames over a bent license plate.

It won't void your warranty if you take your car elsewhere for service. But good luck finding a trustworthy independent place with good knowledge of Lexus automobiles.

Last edited by kreativ; 05-29-02 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-29-02, 03:13 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too had some issues with my dealerships service early one but they always fixed the problem...now, I get killer service there..
Old 05-29-02, 04:01 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by GSquicksilver
i changed word "sucks" to "nightmare" but for some reason, it only shows up in the post, not the header.
Got it.
Old 05-29-02, 06:38 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nobody's perfect. They've make mistake, one of the tech did, not the whole LEXUS SERVICE DEPARTMENT. And they do whatever it's take to make you happy, including removed the dent on your car, they go beyond your expectation..don't you see that?
Old 05-29-02, 06:44 PM
gs300
Driver

those license plate frames only cost $25 but thats cost pricce the retail for them are $75 if anyone wants to know cost price for any parts at the lexus dealership let me know i work at 1
Old 05-29-02, 07:02 PM
Mike D.
Banned

I find it somewhat odd tha you would throw Lexus under the bus after they went above and beyond the call of duty fixing your car the second time you had it there. I understand your being upset with the serv. dept. after they screwed up your car, but, why would you still knock them after they put in a new belt and compressor? Not to mention them removing a ding that was previously there.

Last edited by Mike D.; 05-29-02 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-29-02, 07:22 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some of us who live in Cali, can you please tell us where you had your car serviced. Things like this scare me and should be noticed. Yes, they fixed the problem (that they created) but I bet it didn't make up for all the stress it put you through. One last thing. Some of these service mechanics make anywhere from $50k-75k a year and "master" techs can make anywhere from $75-100k a year. Leaving off the main bolt/nut from a part they were working on is unexceptable and should not be tolerated. Thank god it was just a pulley and belt that came off and not something simple like a friggin wheel....I can only imagine!

Old 06-02-02, 12:30 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Damn haven't been online for a few days and so many replies. I had my car fixed at Lexus of Westminster. All I can say is, DON'T BRING IT THERE. I gotta admit, they have good service in trying to please you, but the mechanics there I can't trust. If you live in so. cal, I heard Tustin Lexus is pretty good.

Quick Reply: Lexus Dealership Service Nightmare