Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

What kind of service at first 100o miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-09, 03:23 PM
silver94tt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of service at first 100o miles

Hi,

Has anyone brought their car in for service at the first 1000 miles? What kind of service will be done to the IS 2009. I have HID kit on hand but I am afraid to put it on now, I dont want them to void my warranty just becuase of that. Any Advice? Should I wait on installing the HID kit until after the 1st service visit? Thanks
Old 02-11-09, 04:15 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The 1K service is check tire pressure, check all fluid and car wash. That's about. It's just the way Lexus wants to get customer back to the dealer and may sure everything is o.k.
The HID will void the warranty if you have some problem with headlight, wire harness and it's related to the HID you install. The bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years/50K which ever comes first. So, you can install it now as long as it done right. The worse installation I've seen so far is the guy did the Vaistech's iPod adapter kit by himself on an 2007 GS. He drilled the hole through the center console for the iPod wire. The drill bit cut about 10 wires for the Air Bag ECU, cause the car not to start(the car think the air bag deployed) and short out the Nav unit. I had to replace the main harness inside the car by removing the dash and the new nav screen...urrr about $7000.00
Old 02-11-09, 05:03 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

It'll be a normal check-up, no oil change or fluid changes. Make sure you let them know if there are any problems bothering you so you can get it documented early, saving you if a large problem arises from an issue later on down the road.
Old 02-12-09, 10:18 AM
silver94tt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVT-i
The 1K service is check tire pressure, check all fluid and car wash. That's about. It's just the way Lexus wants to get customer back to the dealer and may sure everything is o.k.
The HID will void the warranty if you have some problem with headlight, wire harness and it's related to the HID you install. The bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years/50K which ever comes first. So, you can install it now as long as it done right. The worse installation I've seen so far is the guy did the Vaistech's iPod adapter kit by himself on an 2007 GS. He drilled the hole through the center console for the iPod wire. The drill bit cut about 10 wires for the Air Bag ECU, cause the car not to start(the car think the air bag deployed) and short out the Nav unit. I had to replace the main harness inside the car by removing the dash and the new nav screen...urrr about $7000.00

I'll pass on the 1K mile service. I had the HID kit installed last night. It took me more like 4 hours to complete. The installation and the light work just fine. Since everything is working well, is the warrantly for everything else shuold still be ok? Etc, transmission.... Should I remove the whole HID and install back the halogen bulb before my next 5000 mile oil change service.

And thanks again
Old 02-12-09, 06:03 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No, just leave it on for all the services in the future. We don't care if you have HID,Turbo, Supercharge,DVD as long as those systems not causing the problem to your car. For example, if you complaint about the headlight won't come on and the problem is from your HID, then it will not cover under warranty. Enjoy your new car and your HID...
Old 02-12-09, 08:07 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I wouldnt skip out on the 1k... its quick and simple, might as well drop by and do it and get your free cash wash. As far as your warranty goes, Nuum is right, you wont void your warranty, but if you have headlight related issues in the future, they probably wont honor the warranty in that particular area. We've had plenty of people complain of condensation in their headlights, and its caused by a poor seal or drilled holes in the cover.
Old 02-12-09, 11:00 PM
silver94tt
Driver School Candidate

Thanks all. I am really glad the warranty for everything else is still honor. I really love the result of the xenondepot HID kit. Much, much better than halogen. I'll take the car to Concord Lexus this weekend for the 1k mile service and a free car wash.

Last edited by silver94tt; 02-12-09 at 11:08 PM.