Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Totally pissed @ lexus service

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 03:09 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally pissed @ lexus service

Folks:

I am totally pissed at my service department right now. A little background information:

My GX470 was making some strange noises around my left front wheel under a tight right turn under load. So I took the car in, well they had the car for close to week, and I got it back today with close to an extra hundred miles on it. Alright, this should have started to tip me off something wasn't right, but I was trying to give the tech the benefit of the doubt that he needed to add some miles to trouble shoot the car..move on. So, we went for a little spin and I couldn't immediately hear the noise since the service tech wouldn't shut his friggin mouth...whatever. I went back to the office and finally got home. I started to take a look around my car and the next thing totally floored me on what I found. My GX has the rear DVD entertainment system, but I have never unwrapped the remote since I don't have kids and there is no reason for anyone to be back there.

Well today, I found that someone has taken the liberty to unwrap the remote. Now why in the hell would a person do that...hmm maybe to watch DVDs. This is completely BS! You take your car in expecting ppl to leave your stuff alone esp if it doesn't belong to them...but NOOOO they decide to make themselves at home.

I think I'm at my wits end with this considering it has taken the service tech over 5 tries to get my sunroof "fixed". I am giving serious considerations in calling corporate and having prints lifted from the remote. If you want to know what service department is in question...I LIVE IN AUSTIN.

Okay, the service manager just called me back and agreed that there is no reason why the remote should be unwrapped and offered me a factory remote replacement. Man, that is crap...the point is that some asshat in his department needs to be fired. I'm going to call him back tomorrow after I have hit the gym and cooled off.

Complete BS
Old 10-06-05, 03:53 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Shoot, I cant explain that one. I know that as a service tech we used to check strange things to reproduce a noise. Why they would UNWRAP your sealed dvd remote is something that I just have no idea about. Its possible they might have been watching Dvd's in there during lunch. Who knows. If I were you, I would definitely talk to the service manager about this problem. When we had to test drive a car more than 25 miles, we had to notify the owner and let them know we were going to be taking the car out. We also had to fill the tank up to a point close to where it came in or top it off all together. A few HUNDRED miles is a bit excessive. Especially considering they could have probably just diagnosed it within 5 miles of the dealer, or even in the dealer back parking lot.

Talk to the service manager, let them know there is a problem. Who knows, it might not be the first time they have had a complaint.

Also, see if you can work them into topping off your tank of gas. As much gas as the GX consumes, that's about $60-70 in a tank of gas!
Old 10-06-05, 07:36 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Actually Stage...now that I've calmed down a bit from the gym a few more things.

The mileage was probably more like 80 miles over an entire week. I asked them to keep the car and do what they needed to fix it; so to me, it is not that big of a deal. The part that really gets me is how someone would UNWRAP the remote which was still in its factory wrapping, intentionally change the sound settings (i.e. treble, bass, mids) on the LCD display, lean the rear seats back and then re-wrap the remote in a very poor manner as to hide what they did.

I am still somewhat shocked that a person would have that much nerve to do this. At least they filled the tank up, but something tells me they used 87 instead. Anyway, life goes on...rant over for now.
Old 10-06-05, 07:54 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thats BS bro...they get away with it once they think they can get away with it all the time..you should try to make sure something is done..thats your property just cause they are fixing your car doesnt mean they can go through it like its theres..sorry bro i would be pissed off too
Old 10-06-05, 09:23 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

i totally agree dude...you should definitely take this up with head office and make a complaint....and why the hell was your back seat laid back? are you sure someone was just watching dvd's and not getting it on in the back seat? i'd get a ultraviolet flashlight and check the back seats for stains...i just hope you don't find any!
Old 10-06-05, 09:25 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm you have to watch out for Lexus of Austin Service, I already had a bad experience with the new GS, and I don't let them wash either of my cars while they're in for service. I've taken my car in for a problem, or service issue, and they always have some excuse for not finding the problem, or thought the service was completed when it actually wasn't.
Old 10-06-05, 09:45 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by trent
Hmm you have to watch out for Lexus of Austin Service, I already had a bad experience with the new GS, and I don't let them wash either of my cars while they're in for service. I've taken my car in for a problem, or service issue, and they always have some excuse for not finding the problem, or thought the service was completed when it actually wasn't.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this about not finding a problem...the lead service tech seems very incompetent. I have several cases I could go into but I'm enjoying a nice pint of Sam Adams right now.

Last edited by tetra7; 10-06-05 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-07-05, 07:41 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...How is the strange noises near the left front wheel. Did they lub and treat the rubber bushings?
You should have taken the remote out prior to service.. It's what happens when you have toys in the truck.
Old 10-07-05, 08:14 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

When I drive up from Mexico every year, Lexus of San Antonio is where I go...they even got converts from Austin for major service.
Old 10-07-05, 09:52 AM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While we're talking about dealership service nightmare stories, there was a guy with a performance-enhanced Supra who took his car in for routine service. He requested that if the tech needed to go on a ride to diagnose the problem, to please let him know so that he could ride in the car as well. He went to pick up the car later that day, and found his peak hold boost level at some ridiculously high figure - something like 20 psi. Not normal for daily driving, and he was sure to reset it before he took the car in for service. When he confronted the tech, the tech first denied it, but after he showed him the evidence, he finally admitted he took it out for a joyride. I forget what happened, but this is why I have my car towed hundreds of miles to a reputable service department for major service.
Old 10-07-05, 10:04 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

There's alway "a few bad apples", as they say. Sound like someone took you ride out for a joy ride. That # of miles is extremely high..IMHO. I'd seriously question them about that. Don't take any BS. Lexus corporate is very good about customer satisfaction. Sorry to hear this happened to you...good luck.
Old 10-07-05, 02:16 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Well I guess Lexus customer service lives up to its reputation. I contacted corporate this morning and by this afternoon they had contacted the dealership and handled the situation. I am impressed.
Old 10-07-05, 03:17 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tetra7
Well I guess Lexus customer service lives up to its reputation. I contacted corporate this morning and by this afternoon they had contacted the dealership and handled the situation. I am impressed.
how was the situation resolved?.... was the numbskull fired and did you get free oil changes for the year?
Old 10-07-05, 04:13 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3.0
how was the situation resolved?.... was the numbskull fired and did you get free oil changes for the year?

that happend to my uncle..he bought a brand new RX and i forgot what happend but he ended up gettin free oil changes for the whole time he has he car...so what ended up happening in your situation??
Old 10-07-05, 07:09 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

I didn't ask for details on what will happen to the lead service tech...I live by a moto "Karma is a *****!". The service manager has asked me what it will take to make things right...honestly, I haven't really thought about it much right now. I will say that the service manager has been extremely polite and professional through all this; you can't ask for a classier guy.

Quick Reply: Totally pissed @ lexus service