Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

rant about sewell body shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 01:03 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rant about sewell body shop

wow......... i have been holding on to this for about a week. i just did not want to say any thing until my car was fixed. but i cant hold out any longer.

it all started when i got rear ended on the 27 of july. so i was working with state farm (his ins) i told them i was bringing it to sewell for the work they said that was fine. well i bring it to sewell and they said they would not be able to do the custom paint on the badges or trunk bar. not a problem. above and beyond kustoms will do the work. i said that my paint was only a month old. it is the antiqe bronze mica. but when i had it painted a couple of monthes ago i told the painter to darken it up a little witch he did. so i tell sewell they will have to match the paint. not a problem. he said i might have to pay for the test panels. no the ins will. so every thing is cool. well they get it riped apart and see that i had the tow hooks removed to run some big nasty cans that i had. but now are not on. they said that i might have to pay for this. so i called state farm and got into it with them. finally agreed to get them put on. so three weeks after the crash they should start to work on my car right. wrong they said they do not want to touch it because all of the custom work. it took them three weeks for them to say no. are you kidding me.

so they start to put every thing back so i can pick it up. what a wast of my time. not only that the damn adjuster at sewell told the ins that my paint was not the factory color and sombody messed it up. i wanted it that way. so know the ins dose not want to pay for the custom ppg paint. thanks sewell.

so i pick the car up last week i get home look in the back seat and they used my car as a storage locker for all of my parts. i have three small rip in the leather and creases from hell. so now they have to replace the leather in the back seat. what another wast of my time. it has been over a month and not a damn thing has been done to fix my ride.

above and beyond kustoms will be doing all of the work. i would take it to my paint guy but he can not pull the body..

end of rant
Old 09-02-05, 02:26 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the same sewell as the dealership? If there is damage that the insurance company agreed to pay for, and their insurance holder was responsible for damaging, why should it matter that it was custom work. They should restore your car to exactly the same condition it was 2 seconds before the accident. I'm not understanding this.......something isn't right.

I thought state farm was pretty good with claims.....I don't use them, but I heard lots of props given to them. I personally think they are way overpriceed...like Geico and Progressive.
Old 09-02-05, 02:37 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealerships don't want to do custom stuff. Not worth their time because they make enough money as it is.

But they should have told you this up front, and also known not to scratch your rear seating.

There was an article a while back about how independent bodyshops are best because they keep up with the latest in collision repair technology - care about customer satisfaction, etc. Compared to dealerships who would rather focus resources on selling cars and mechanical repairs.

I was rear ended in a Civic and boy did they do a crappy job! It was the Steakley Cheverolet dealership. I didn't even bother complaining, though. It was a Civic.