LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Stress Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-19, 10:33 AM
mmalik
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default LX570 Stress Test

LX is great taking on any stress that may be thrown its way. I wonder what has the most stress anyone has put on their LX. Please share your experience in detail. It will help others know what their LX is capable of.

To start, I'll share one of my experience. I towed over 6000lbs on my LX in rain for 19 hours (from VA to FL) and had no complains. Full details are on the following thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...ce-towing.html

Looking forward to reading your experiences and finding out what my LX is capable of

Old 02-04-19, 01:20 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I got you beat. I drove for 19 hours from TX to WV to visit the in-laws with 3 kids and my wife. The LX survived, my sanity did not.

Old 02-04-19, 01:30 PM
mmalik
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wandl
I got you beat. I drove for 19 hours from TX to WV to visit the in-laws with 3 kids and my wife. The LX survived, my sanity did not.

ROFL - You sure are a winner sir!

I had my dad and my wife as my passengers. Dad is a scholar so he had a couple of books to read. I also kept an entire season of Sex and the city and Suits to keep the dear wife busy ;-).

Don't have kinds yet but looking forward to put a car seat in the LX in Aug 2019.
Old 02-04-19, 09:46 PM
Gordj
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Last edited by Gordj; 02-04-19 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-05-19, 08:02 AM
mmalik
Rookie

Love the picture. How much total weight were you hauling? And it seems you hauled it for sometime. Did you notice any issue with AHC with such weights

Originally Posted by Gordj

?
Old 02-05-19, 07:44 PM
2013lx570
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmalik
ROFL - You sure are a winner sir!

I had my dad and my wife as my passengers. Dad is a scholar so he had a couple of books to read. I also kept an entire season of Sex and the city and Suits to keep the dear wife busy ;-).

Don't have kinds yet but looking forward to put a car seat in the LX in Aug 2019.

congrats with baby in the way. We have two Young ones. A 3 years old and six month old. Hopefully, you are planning a baby moon
Old 02-06-19, 07:00 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I drove it from Delaware to TX, 3 adults and 4 kids and 1 teenager. It was very a blast; I just wished the car was little bigger from inside. I didn't have a cargo box back in the day which would have helped a lot.
It was quite comfortable to drive and rain and shine it just pulled through.

I remember there was a crazy snowstorm here and where we live its right next to the canal we get a lot of wind drafts, the roads were closed / power lines down. The back road wasn't cleaned and its basically a wooded area but only way back to out house.

I took the chance , basically used the front camera to navigate because we coundlt see anything out of the front windsheild. I had a guy in the lifted ford f150 told me I am nuts who also wanted to go but didn't think his truck would make it.

The lx570 made it easily, this is with stock tires and low gear. That time I was sold on these cars, it was amazing.
Old 02-07-19, 01:10 PM
mmalik
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2013lx570

congrats with baby in the way. We have two Young ones. A 3 years old and six month old. Hopefully, you are planning a baby moon
Thanks. I just recently found out that there is something called 'baby moon'. Luckily, my wife is afraid of air travel and too sensitive to motion sickness right now. So no baby moon. I am however, expected to go above and beyond for the upcoming valentines day
Old 02-07-19, 01:15 PM
mmalik
Rookie

Originally Posted by UZ214
I drove it from Delaware to TX, 3 adults and 4 kids and 1 teenager. It was very a blast; I just wished the car was little bigger from inside. I didn't have a cargo box back in the day which would have helped a lot.
It was quite comfortable to drive and rain and shine it just pulled through.

I remember there was a crazy snowstorm here and where we live its right next to the canal we get a lot of wind drafts, the roads were closed / power lines down. The back road wasn't cleaned and its basically a wooded area but only way back to out house.

I took the chance , basically used the front camera to navigate because we coundlt see anything out of the front windsheild. I had a guy in the lifted ford f150 told me I am nuts who also wanted to go but didn't think his truck would make it.

The lx570 made it easily, this is with stock tires and low gear. That time I was sold on these cars, it was amazing.
That is amazing! You sir are a trooper! I love the fact that you use the front camera for navigation. I've been practicing navigating through the front camera on slower speeds and found it to be pretty fun. I've also realized that now when I am driving a non LX vehicle, as I am turning corners, stopping or parking into a spot my eyes are trying to find the front camera display in the dash screen. LX has been spoiling us royally I love it !
Old 02-08-19, 09:09 AM
mmalik
Rookie

I took my LX to this trail. My LX is all stock - No mods except Window Visor and a cell phone reception booster. This trail was great fun. Took me 2 hours to complete the trail and saw a lot of Jeeps and ATV's on the trail. I was the only one on such size of vehicle and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. But it was great fun and I intend to do it again.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/v...eters-mill-run

I have a few pictures in my phone that I'll try to share - planning to go again soon and take a lot more pictures this time.

Last edited by mmalik; 02-08-19 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-08-19, 06:36 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

awesome! that window visor adds 3" of clearance post some pictures.

Originally Posted by mmalik
I took my LX to this trail. My LX is all stock - No mods except Window Visor and a cell phone reception booster. This trail was great fun. Took me 2 hours to complete the trail and saw a lot of Jeeps and ATV's on the trail. I was the only one on such size of vehicle and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. But it was great fun and I intend to do it again.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/v...eters-mill-run

I have a few pictures in my phone that I'll try to share - planning to go again soon and take a lot more pictures this time.