LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Love my LX - But...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-18, 10:52 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by vclifford
Toyota FJ Cruiser, 4 Runner belong to Wrangler Category. LX is different type of off-road vehicle.
Yes, I agree but I just wanted to say that LX with a different bumpers could do Rubicon Trail. Just a few (or more) well placed stones...(and plenty of time and experience).
BTW, I think that FJ Cruiser and 4Runner do not belong to Wrangler category. There is just one Toyota which could be a competition for Wrangler. It's LC 70 series but Toyota does not want to bring it to the USA :-(
Old 04-12-18, 08:55 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by RXGS
I could be wrong, but I don't think Lexus, or Toyota for that matter, cares abotu catering the 200 series to the north American market because it absolutely dominates everywhere else.
They sell every 200 for the north American market and they sell quickly.

Originally Posted by T4Fun
ahh but we dont live in vacuum. All other SUVs are availble where LX and LC is sold. Its a global market all manufacturers everywhere. Lexus needs to step it up...
"All other SUV's" definitely lack the reliability of the 200 series. Simple.

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Step up what? Their appeal to the posers and the Kardashian wanna-bes?
More than enough of posers here...and the posers suppose that Toyota directs Land Cruiser and LX drivers to daily driving on paved roads.

Originally Posted by xfea
And that is my point - LEXUS LS is supposed to be FLAGSHIP - but it ain't holding it's own.
And the LX - isn't close to being a FLAGSHIP in this day and age...
But Toyota could...
Do a bit of searching as to Range Rover's current "quality"...a British design built in India???....what could go wrong?

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
Yes, I agree but I just wanted to say that LX with a different bumpers could do Rubicon Trail. Just a few (or more) well placed stones...(and plenty of time and experience).
BTW, I think that FJ Cruiser and 4Runner do not belong to Wrangler category. There is just one Toyota which could be a competition for Wrangler. It's LC 70 series but Toyota does not want to bring it to the USA :-(
Current issue of the TLCA (Toyota Land Cruisers Association) has an article about current series 70 production in Africa..,.still available there with a diesel..
Old 04-12-18, 10:02 AM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Do a bit of searching as to Range Rover's current "quality"...a British design built in India???....what could go wrong?

What ARE you talking about?

How does your trite nothingness even address my post?

Here - So you can read it again...

"And that is my point - LEXUS LS is supposed to be FLAGSHIP - but it ain't holding it's own.
And the LX - isn't close to being a FLAGSHIP in this day and age...
But Toyota could...
Old 04-12-18, 08:38 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Originally Posted by hankinid
Current issue of the TLCA (Toyota Land Cruisers Association) has an article about current series 70 production in Africa..,.still available there with a diesel..
It can also be purchased in many EU countries at some Toyota dealerships. They are not oficially from Toyota but the dealers import the new cars from some other countries (usually Middle East). As soon as they are legal in one EU country, you should be able to register them in any other EU country.
I have many friends in the Czech Republic who purchased them here (one of the biggest Toyota dealership in the Czech Republic):
https://www.dajbych.cz/toyota/land-cruiser-rada-70
Old 04-13-18, 05:03 AM
vclifford
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Range Rover is built in UK just like Jaguar. TATA the Indian co. Just owns the company. May be some parts are assembled in India for some markets but nothing more. They are also losing money on that just like BMW lost. Something is wrong with the brand. Now coming back to Lexus. I think they are satisfied with sales of Lx, They are selling what they can handle. Japanese are very conservative, they just make evolutionary changes, nothing revolutionary .
Old 04-13-18, 01:26 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by xfea
Darn it LEXUS!
Luv my LX - but it's ELEVEN years old!
Every high end manufacturer is putting out amazing new Luxury SUV's - and they quickly become the best selling model.
Even Lamborghini ! (Their new Urus is sold out for months and it's not being delivered yet!)
And...Lambo plans on building 3,500 for 2019 - that is half of total production.
(LEXUS sold 3,884 of my 2015 vintage LX!)
Same for Bentley / RR etc.

Replace the LS as the Flagship of the brand with a new three row Lux SUV.
Something on the order of a 2018 Navigator.
500 hp minimum / BIG / capable off road / tow 10-12,000
And make a smaller variant that's more nimble but truly Lux

I so want a Navigator (If you drive one so will YOU!) but the dealer / service experience can't be matched - LEXUS is the best.
Buy one and keep us posted on how you like it. Personally I keep ending up back with either a LX/LC this one is my 7th.
Old 04-13-18, 01:33 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vclifford
Range Rover is built in UK just like Jaguar. TATA the Indian co. Just owns the company. May be some parts are assembled in India for some markets but nothing more. They are also losing money on that just like BMW lost. Something is wrong with the brand. Now coming back to Lexus. I think they are satisfied with sales of Lx, They are selling what they can handle. Japanese are very conservative, they just make evolutionary changes, nothing revolutionary .
Nephew bought a new Range Rover sport didn’t have it over eight months they couldn’t fix all the rattles had to even adjust doors cause they were Out of alignment just basically kind of a crappy Vehicle. If you look at JD Powers they are in the bottom 50% for reliability
Old 04-14-18, 09:57 AM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

One of my managers purchased a 2017 Range Rover Sport. In the first 8 months, it spent about 3 months of that in the shop for various issues. They finally paid him $15,000 to keep the car until the end of the lease and also agreed to cover any issues under warranty regardless of miles. It was cheaper for them to do this than take it back as a lemon. My 2010 LX was traded in for a new 2017 LX with 160,000 miles and zero problems. 2017 LX has been flawless since I got it in October 2017. Its the only SUV i'll buy. (My wife thinks the LX is too big for her, so she drives the RX-350 which is very nice and very reliable too) I would agree though, that the current LX is outdated and need to be seriously upgraded. But upgraded should mean, keep its rugged reliability and improve ride quality, luxury, center row captain seats, better fuel mileage (or increase range) and a touch screen please. But whatever they do, don't do to the LX what Lexus did to the LS!
Old 04-14-18, 10:46 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ashron
One of my managers purchased a 2017 Range Rover Sport. In the first 8 months, it spent about 3 months of that in the shop for various issues. They finally paid him $15,000 to keep the car until the end of the lease and also agreed to cover any issues under warranty regardless of miles. It was cheaper for them to do this than take it back as a lemon. My 2010 LX was traded in for a new 2017 LX with 160,000 miles and zero problems. 2017 LX has been flawless since I got it in October 2017. Its the only SUV i'll buy. (My wife thinks the LX is too big for her, so she drives the RX-350 which is very nice and very reliable too) I would agree though, that the current LX is outdated and need to be seriously upgraded. But upgraded should mean, keep its rugged reliability and improve ride quality, luxury, center row captain seats, better fuel mileage (or increase range) and a touch screen please. But whatever they do, don't do to the LX what Lexus did to the LS!
attached chart says it all. If you own a RR Sport and like it, it's like finding a unicorn. Being next to last in dependability by brand is not what I would call a value equation for $100k vehicles

Old 04-14-18, 11:23 AM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ashron
But whatever they do, don't do to the LX what Lexus did to the LS!
But that's exactly what they will do :-( I am almost sure. I tested the new LS and compared to my '14 LS460. The new LS is much worse. I would never buy it and have to search for an alternative.
Old 04-15-18, 10:38 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

The US and china are the biggest markets, and right now, all the craze is SUV.
You think they care about catering primarily too off road people around the world? Its a business, they want to make money.
They designed the LX to be bullet proof but I guarantee u they will do whatever means necessary to increase sales, whether
that means putting in twin turbos or not and upping the power and technology (which is likely coming) so get ready for it. The navigator is selling like
hot cakes now I gather for the latest technology. Styling is a joke. I don't see any other reason anyone would sink 100 gs into that.
Old 04-16-18, 11:02 AM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
But that's exactly what they will do :-( I am almost sure. I tested the new LS and compared to my '14 LS460. The new LS is much worse. I would never buy it and have to search for an alternative.
Ditto - I have a 2014 F-Sport.
The new LS500 feels like a mid-size by comparison.