LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Brand new 2017 LX570 Sluggish Not A Lot of Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-17, 04:19 PM
bdn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up car yesterdeay.

Yesterday, dealer called me and said that they hooked up the scan tool but could not find anything wrong. So they needed their rental back. The foreman agreed that the transmission on these are not very smooth and there is nothing he can do. Everything is computer controlled so there is nothing to adjust. Going up a slight grade or going down a slight grade, and sometimes on flat surface, when the transmission wants to upshift or downshift, sometimes you will feel a jolt. Again, there's nothing they can do. They do realize it's an issue, but it's not a problem, huh? The only thing they did, was to reset the transmission computer so that it can relearn my driving pattern. They said if I wanted to escalate this to contact corporate. Regarding the power, to make this car go a little faster, you really have to step on the gas.
Old 08-22-17, 05:51 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bdn
Yesterday, dealer called me and said that they hooked up the scan tool but could not find anything wrong. So they needed their rental back. The foreman agreed that the transmission on these are not very smooth and there is nothing he can do. Everything is computer controlled so there is nothing to adjust. Going up a slight grade or going down a slight grade, and sometimes on flat surface, when the transmission wants to upshift or downshift, sometimes you will feel a jolt. Again, there's nothing they can do. They do realize it's an issue, but it's not a problem, huh? The only thing they did, was to reset the transmission computer so that it can relearn my driving pattern. They said if I wanted to escalate this to contact corporate. Regarding the power, to make this car go a little faster, you really have to step on the gas.
Sorry to hear that, but are they aware that there is an update of transmission for the LX 570. There was a thread that one of the members had it update. This is the code and ask them to update it. And let us know after updating it.

TSIB Update for the ECM Transmission #895366011200 TSIB L-0SB-0118-17 from Brywhite's invoice. You can look him up and send a PM.

Last edited by DocT; 08-22-17 at 06:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bdn (08-23-17)
Old 08-23-17, 12:34 PM
bdn
Driver School Candidate

Default ECM Transmission update

Thanks DocT. Last week when I met up with them, they did mentioned that they updated the ECM transmission but I don't know if I feel any differences with the transmission shift. It's still rough shifting sometimes.
Old 08-24-17, 12:41 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by bdn
Thanks DocT. Last week when I met up with them, they did mentioned that they updated the ECM transmission but I don't know if I feel any differences with the transmission shift. It's still rough shifting sometimes.
What kind of mileage are you getting. If there is something that wrong with the motor, your gas consumption would be terrible.
Old 08-24-17, 12:44 PM
bdn
Driver School Candidate

I'm getting an overall average of about 14 mpg, which is normal for this car, I believe.
Old 08-26-17, 03:21 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by bdn
...They said if I wanted to escalate this to contact corporate. Regarding the power, to make this car go a little faster, you really have to step on the gas.
Have you called corporate with the issue yet?

As a point of reference, a Car and Driver road test of a 2016 Land Cruiser showed 0 to 60 at 6.7 seconds. LX I'd expect to be slower by less than a second.
Old 08-28-17, 05:37 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bdn
I'm getting an overall average of about 14 mpg, which is normal for this car, I believe.
A uggestions as I saw similar comments in BMW forum before sold my 435i. Modern cars comes with adjustable transmission control unit (assume LX/LC has one too) which adjust transmission to person's driving. If you are averaging 14MPG I believe you drive gently as on my 16 LC200 never see that range (happy to see 11-12 when driving more gently). Assume the transmission adjusted to your driving and when you punch the gas from time to time it feels sluggish.

Here it is a trick I have used in my BMW after my wife was driving it for a while and became sluggish. 1. find a big empty parking lot 2. Disconnect battery for 5 min or so to let things reset and connect back in 3. Turn on the car and punch gas all the way down, stop the car and turn it off. 4. repeat step 3 couple more times.

Above should help computer to learn your behavior. Of course over time things will come back to sluggish if you don't drive aggressively enough.
Old 09-07-17, 06:08 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Might be long shot shot but After driving for a while maybe 30-50 miles get out and touch each rim, for not more then a micro sec or get a temperature laser . My rear wheel used to get hot and I also felt not enough power, turns out my one brake pad was stuck. I never heard any sort of noise or anything.

Originally Posted by bdn
Back in December, I bought a brand new 2017 LX570 off the show room floor. I did not have a chance to test drive it before signing the paperwork because the whole buying process was long and they were rushing us because it was getting late. Well, 4,600 miles later, I brought the car back because of rough shifting, abnormal clunk in drive line when letting off the gas and accelerating again, and loud clunk when gently accelerating while on a medium incline, not steep. Another major problem I had was the lack of power. I own two Honda Odyssey, an 05 and 06 Touring, and they were both more powerful and has more consistent shifting than the Lexus 8 speed.

So, last week, they dealer let me test drive a brand new 17 LX570, and I couldn't believe it. As soon as I started the engine and revved the engine, it sounded much livelier. As I accelerated, I could feel the power against my back. This feels more like 0-60 in 7.3 sec.
The one I bought, felt heavy, and sluggish. 0-60 feels like 9 sec. This is a heavy car so I just thought it was normal. It feels as though, I am missing 80 hp.

The dealer is keeping my car to diagnose and they lend me a brand new 2017 LX570. This one also feels a lot more powerful than mine. We'll wait and see what happens.
Old 03-08-18, 06:16 PM
ndmiller
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just picked up a 15 CPO with 27K miles and when I hit the gas it's very fast for a 6K car. 400HP doesn't feel slow or sluggish unless I feather the gas like I do in normal commute mode.

If you're using slow or sluggish, something must be wrong.....escalate.
Old 03-11-18, 10:14 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Call and escalate, bring it back again and again. It took 5 trips to the dealer with a complaint of a knocking noise from my engine at idle before they tore the motor down and found more than 1/2 of my valve springs were failing in my ISF. You have to be persistent and noisy to get help from Lexus. You are the original owner, they should do a lot more for you. If the other two ‘17s you drove are different there is definitely a problem.
Old 03-12-18, 05:08 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bdn
If you are confident that there's something wrong with your truck, you probably shouldn't have picked it up. You could have kept the dealer's rental, left your truck with them, told them you'd take either of the following whenever they are ready:
A. Your truck, operating properly like the new 2017 you test drove recently
B. Your money back

At this point you'll just have to keep escalating. I suggest calling corporate and taking it from there, let corporate work with the dealer. CSI (customer satisfaction) is KING with Lexus, so they will see to it that the dealer delivers. Again, all this is assuming that there is something wrong with your truck, which it certainly sounds like there is.

Last edited by I6turbo; 03-12-18 at 05:11 AM.