LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Remote Start won't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-17, 08:09 PM
hazilim
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Remote Start won't work

2015 LX-570. A tag attached to my key fob says to quickly press LOCK twice & then to press & hold LOCK for 3 seconds.
I've tried it, & nothing happens.
Any ideas?
Old 06-02-17, 01:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Do you have an Enform subscription active? I think it is required to use this function.
Old 06-02-17, 09:25 AM
hazilim
Driver School Candidate

I don't have an Enform subscription. The Owner's Manual doesn't state that a subscription is required for Remote Start.
But - how do I subscribe?
Bob
Old 06-02-17, 09:44 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by hazilim
2015 LX-570. A tag attached to my key fob says to quickly press LOCK twice & then to press & hold LOCK for 3 seconds.
Any ideas?
That is procedure for remote start. Is the lock/unlock working? Have an after market remote starter?
Old 06-02-17, 09:52 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I don't have an Enform subscription. The Owner's Manual doesn't state that a subscription is required for Remote Start.
But - how do I subscribe?
Bob
http://www.lexus.com/enform

Good Luck as they are somewhat in turmoil due to a service update that has taken months.

I am not positive that you have to have an Enform subscription but I do know that with the newer RX models, you have to.
Old 06-02-17, 11:31 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Default No Enform needed...

...as you have RES, not RES+. LX was one of the last (if not the last) model in the Lexus lineup to get RES+, which does require Enform and works via your phone.

Just guessing here, but try locking with remote, then unlock, then start regularly, then lock it, then try the "lock, lock, lock" remote-starting sequence again.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (06-02-17)
Old 06-03-17, 08:19 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Quickest way is to verify with the selling Lexus dealer to make sure that the remote feature was indeed installed and turned on.

I don't think you need ENFORM subscription to use remote start on the key FOB. Yes, if you want to use your smart phone to remote start.

Any ideas?
Old 06-03-17, 08:44 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

OEM remote and/or Enform, after market ones are much more robust with much more greater range. I installed one myself and I am laughing at the OEM one, LOL!
Just use your smart phone or fob to start the car. Better deal than paying subscripon fee for Enform.
Old 06-04-17, 12:35 AM
hazilim
Driver School Candidate

By the way:
If one can use an iPhone (thru Enform) to start the engine & access other info from the car, this suggests that the car itself is constantly online (full-time internet access). Are all of our LX-570's online full-time? Only the ones with Enform? Can Lexus (or the dealer) (or Sirius) access info from our cars (i.e. GPS data) whenever they please?
Wouldn't a full-time internet connection drain the battery?
Interesting!
Anyone know about this?
Old 06-04-17, 03:10 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

By the way:
If one can use an iPhone (thru Enform) to start the engine & access other info from the car, this suggests that the car itself is constantly online (full-time internet access). Are all of our LX-570's online full-time? Only the ones with Enform? Can Lexus (or the dealer) (or Sirius) access info from our cars (i.e. GPS data) whenever they please?
Wouldn't a full-time internet connection drain the battery?
Interesting!
Anyone know about this?
Enform uses like a cell phone connection and is on all the time. And yes, I suspect that Enform knows way more than we think they do. It is quite likely they know even without an Enform subscription.

The amount of power to maintain this connection would would be very small compared to the battery or batteries in the RX. My cell phone will run for a couple days on its tiny, in comparison, battery.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 06-04-17 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-12-17, 03:09 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

From what I understand on newer Lexus' you need to be enrolled in the Enform services to even use the remote start. I don't know if the Enform Remote subscription is required for you to continue using the remote start from the key fob after the one year trial ends.
Old 06-12-17, 03:12 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Enform uses like a cell phone connection and is on all the time. And yes, I suspect that Enform knows way more than we think they do. It is quite likely they know even without an Enform subscription.

The amount of power to maintain this connection would would be very small compared to the battery or batteries in the RX. My cell phone will run for a couple days on its tiny, in comparison, battery.
They know a crazy amount of information especially if you have a current Service Connect and Enform Remote subscription. I recently started working at a Lexus dealership and it's crazy what kind of information is sent out. I'm personally very suspicious of all this stuff and you can choose to opt out, but I don't know if information is still collected.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (06-13-17)
Old 06-13-17, 01:48 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
They know a crazy amount of information especially if you have a current Service Connect and Enform Remote subscription. I recently started working at a Lexus dealership and it's crazy what kind of information is sent out. I'm personally very suspicious of all this stuff and you can choose to opt out, but I don't know if information is still collected.
I am afraid it is th cost of using this hardware. Our smartphones give away way more data.
Old 06-15-17, 06:16 PM
ndg
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a 2011, so it may be too old to compare. (Enform is not in my vehicle. I have an SOS button.)

I do have a small white tag on my keys with the same instructions for remote starting. I found that it takes longer than 3 seconds to initiate the remote start on the third press of the button. I hit lock, pause, lock, pause, and hold lock for 5 seconds. It doesn't always work on the first try, but I've always been successful.
Old 06-16-17, 06:37 AM
bluewaterb
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My guess is you have to have Enform Ap. I have the same tag on my fob (same year as well) and the car will remote start, but when i open the door, the car immediately dies.

Will ask the dealership when i go in for 30k mile check up next wk and revert.

Quick Reply: Remote Start won't work