Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Update: Two days later the tire pressures start showing,
That is real strange!
Old 11-17-16, 09:27 PM
teambell
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, when you have them flip your spare over, you might consider applying some plasti dip on the wheel to protect the finish!
Old 11-18-16, 08:50 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Update: Two days later the tire pressures start showing,
Toyota has arguably one of the crappiest TPMS setup I've seen.

Originally Posted by teambell
BTW, when you have them flip your spare over, you might consider applying some plasti dip on the wheel to protect the finish!
You might also be aware that the metal piece that makes contact from the chain to the wheel is designed to mate up against a FLAT (inside of the wheel) surface. I also tried flipping the wheel...you'll love the process on a dark night when stuff like this is needed. You'll need to lift the wheel off the ground enough to get the chain and locator piece through the wheel...so you're lifting a 70-80 pound tire/wheel with one hand, and positioning the bracket (and it'll be cockeyed when you're done) with the other hand.

You really want to try that in your driveway first.
Old 11-18-16, 12:33 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Toyota has arguably one of the crappiest TPMS setup I've seen.

You might also be aware that the metal piece that makes contact from the chain to the wheel is designed to mate up against a FLAT (inside of the wheel) surface. I also tried flipping the wheel...you'll love the process on a dark night when stuff like this is needed. You'll need to lift the wheel off the ground enough to get the chain and locator piece through the wheel...so you're lifting a 70-80 pound tire/wheel with one hand, and positioning the bracket (and it'll be cockeyed when you're done) with the other hand.

You really want to try that in your driveway first.
I believe I check it out in the comfort of my garage this weekend. Would not need to do this except the tire air pressure dropped to the point where the spare tripped the TPMS warning so I thought I would be smart and just reset the TPMS as I was only a thousand miles from my 10K. I have never had to adjust my tire pressure on any of my LX units until this one. Have to add a few pounds to all the tires every 2-3 weeks. Not sure if it is the tires or the wheels that are leaking but I depend on my TPMS to keep me in the know.