LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-16, 12:51 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours

There is a popular thread on another forum, were people post pictures of their cars, presented in photoshoots, in the shop, in the street, getting modified, after detail, with a flat tire, or just parked. I thought it would be cool to have something like that here.

Show everyone what your LX is doing today.

Filthy, after a week in snow, wearing Tacoma Tundra 20" wheels and Bilzzak snow tires.

Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-fullsizerender-1.jpg

Last edited by MattBianco; 01-14-16 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-12-16, 09:54 PM
Headless
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll play. Here are a couple from a recent trip.

Old 01-12-16, 09:58 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by Headless
I'll play. Here are a couple from a recent trip.
Your first picture could be straight out of a marketing brochure. Looks great.
Old 01-13-16, 08:20 AM
JDJackson
Driver

OK. I'll play...

When we first purchased our 2010, this last May.

And then when we took it out into the Idaho wilds to explore a region East of Hell's Canyon.
Attached Thumbnails Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_0614_sml.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_0717_sml.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-pict0103_sml.jpg  
Old 01-13-16, 09:21 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What size of tires and rim spec you guys have? Thinking to get an extra set for off road, but someone mention the tire sensors need to be special order on the 16' model?
Old 01-13-16, 10:22 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
What size of tires and rim spec you guys have? Thinking to get an extra set for off road, but someone mention the tire sensors need to be special order on the 16' model?
I just installed Tundra wheels with winter tires on my 16 LX (275/65R18). No one was able to register standard Toyota TPMS sensors so the dealership had to order sensors designed for 16 LX (about $400 for the sensors and labor). These tires are about 0.4" larger in diameter compared to 275/50R21 which were on my LX. It looks that they do not rub at normal driving. Of course, they may rub when driving off road when the axle is articulated. But I do not think so. I did some reasearch on the internet and it looks that this tire size is maximum without any rubbing.

For summer driving I already purchased 18" wheels from 2016 Land Cruiser and plan to use standard Land Cruiser tire size 285/60R18. It should be O.K. for some mixed driving - highway/ligt to medium terrain. I personally prefer to drive more difficult terrain in my modified Jeep Wrangler but if you want to drive more difficult trails, I would go for 17" TRD wheels (they fit older LX or LC but make sure they fit the new 16 LX).
Old 01-13-16, 11:15 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
I just installed Tundra wheels with winter tires on my 16 LX (275/65R18). No one was able to register standard Toyota TPMS sensors so the dealership had to order sensors designed for 16 LX (about $400 for the sensors and labor). These tires are about 0.4" larger in diameter compared to 275/50R21 which were on my LX. It looks that they do not rub at normal driving. Of course, they may rub when driving off road when the axle is articulated. But I do not think so. I did some reasearch on the internet and it looks that this tire size is maximum without any rubbing.

For summer driving I already purchased 18" wheels from 2016 Land Cruiser and plan to use standard Land Cruiser tire size 285/60R18. It should be O.K. for some mixed driving - highway/ligt to medium terrain. I personally prefer to drive more difficult terrain in my modified Jeep Wrangler but if you want to drive more difficult trails, I would go for 17" TRD wheels (they fit older LX or LC but make sure they fit the new 16 LX).
I was thinking of the 17" as well, 98% of my time should be on the road, maybe I will wait for longer to see more setup from others before making the call
Old 01-14-16, 06:36 AM
Headless
Driver School Candidate

I have the TRD Rock Warrior wheels. These are 17x8 (offset of 50). I am running the BFG AT KO2 tires and have been really happy with this setup. The BFGs are 285/70R17. Almost as quiet as stock, with a much more aggressive look and a lot more durable.

I was simply able to move the TPMS sensors from the stock 20" wheels over to the TRDs.

Last edited by Headless; 01-14-16 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-14-16, 10:48 PM
brycejaq
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MattBianco
Filthy, after a week in snow, wearing Tacoma 20" wheels and Bilzzak snow tires.

Attachment 377643
You meant, Tundra 20" wheels...I have the same ones, just not on an LX. Wish I did, though.
Old 01-14-16, 10:54 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by brycejaq
You meant, Tundra 20" wheels...I have the same ones, just not on an LX. Wish I did, though.
Thanks for catching that. I will correct it in the OP.
Old 01-14-16, 11:41 PM
ybing
Intermediate

I have the TRD Rock Warrior wheels. These are 17x8 (offset of 50). I am running the BFG AT KO2 tires and have been really happy with this setup. The BFGs are 285/70R17. Almost as quiet as stock, with a much more aggressive look and a lot more durable.

I was simply able to move the TPMS sensors from the stock 20" wheels over to the TRDs.
How's the road noise compare to stock tire? 20"?
Old 01-15-16, 12:02 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Not noticeable at all. Reason: winter tires are first about rubber chemistry, and then about tread pattern. The off road or all terrain and M&S tires with aggressive treads are noisy. The Blizzaks, and most studless winter/snow tires don't have an aggressive look. They are just formulated to remain softer in colder temps, with minor/thin grooves to push snow out of the way and to release the snow as the wheel spins.

Last month my wife parked the X5 next to jacked up Jeep with huge off road tires. The Jeep was stuck in the parking lot at the ski resort, next to the X5 (not an off road car). She pulled him out. With all season tires aka winter rated (hahahaha).

I make a point of being no where in front of any 4x4 with large tires. I know they cannot stop in the snow or temps below 35-40F. And they think their big tires are helping. It is the worst combination:

Test showing cold weather stopping distance (lower video) and traction on snow (upper)

Last edited by MattBianco; 01-15-16 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-15-16, 01:43 PM
Headless
Driver School Candidate

It is actually about the same, maybe just a slight bit more hum. Not a very noticeable difference. The BFG KO2s are really quiet!
Old 01-15-16, 02:02 PM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I've taken my LX to some Cool Places....
Attached Thumbnails Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-203-teton-national-park.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-232-on-the-road-in-wyoming.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-359-yellow-stone-national-park.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-456-glacier-national-park.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-514-seattle.jpg  

Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-572-olympic-national-park.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-630-mount-rainier.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-2012-10-joshua-tree-004.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-2015-sequoia-001.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-lx570-at-mt-wilson-2012-12-30-008-copy.jpg  

Old 01-15-16, 07:39 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I really don't know why, but for some reason this LX looks real cool with these wheels and tires

Quick Reply: Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours