LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

LS Recall: Runflats improperly mounted

Old 03-15-19, 04:55 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The sales rep said they are doing it and i didnt ask why, ill try to remember to ask him.
The following users liked this post:
bigblack06 (03-15-19)
Old 03-21-19, 12:11 AM
Encardyle
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silvaIS
The sales rep said they are doing it and i didnt ask why, ill try to remember to ask him.
I am anxiously waiting for mine too.
bought it on 7th march and was told before signing the paperwork that the delivery can't be done till April aprox because of the recall. Even though the tires are already upgraded and sales person asked lexus for exception but they got refused. So few more days thn i will be able to post some pictures here.
And btw i purchased a 2018 F sports with vossen wheels and full artisan spirit body kit.

Old 03-21-19, 12:27 AM
Encardyle
Driver School Candidate

I just signed up to get a 2018 F-sport and waiting for them to swap the tires...its bridgestone swapping them for some new version of bridgestone...its been almost 2 weeks, still waiting for them to get it ready. Also they said they are swapping the TPMS sensors, i think thats what its called...
What is the wait time for yours?
Old 03-21-19, 05:07 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Im hoping i can get it soon, the March Programs are ending...im not sure how this effects anything...if we dont finalize the paperwork, what happens, i cannot seem to get a clear picture...but my dealer gave me a loaner and took my old lease back and just holding it so i dont put any more miles on it cause i was right at the limit mark..

I called corp office and all they say is to talk to dealer...they all seem not to know much after all
Old 03-21-19, 08:57 AM
Encardyle
Driver School Candidate

I think they would start releasing cars in first week of April. I signed all the paperwork for the lease and traded my car in. They gave me a loaner to drive. Than i get a call from dealer saying that they can't payoff my car technically because i have not taken delivery of the car. And my lease is on hold till delivery is ready. Hopefully they don't throw crap about the additional savings not available in April that we got in march
Old 03-21-19, 12:02 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

I have recieved the same answer...April 8th today regarding this issue..They said who knows the deals might be getting better next time if lucky they said i can take advantage
Old 03-28-19, 01:14 PM
granatiero
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run Flat Tires when cold

I have a 2018 LS500 with the Michelin run flat tires. I've noticed when it's cold outside and I start driving the car, I can feel vibrations through my gas pedal foot and leg especially between 65-70 MPH until several miles are driven, then it rides smoothly. But it seems like the tires have to warm up and "reshape" before they give a smooth ride. We had one unseasonably warm day up here in the New England about a couple of weeks ago and I noticed the tires did not need this warm up period before they gave a smooth ride - it was fine from the beginning of the ride.

I know this may sound really crazy, but I had Lexus agree to change the two front tires a couple of days after I purchased the car (200 miles on it) and the problem persisted. I'm now at 3,000 miles so I've given this some time. My car isn't on the recall list but I am tempted to ask for a replacement set of regular tires. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 03-28-19, 10:53 PM
Encardyle
Driver School Candidate

I have recieved the same answer...April 8th today regarding this issue..They said who knows the deals might be getting better next time if lucky they said i can take advantage
I picked up my car today. They said Lexus made an exception since my car had upgraded wheels and non run flats.
Any news on yours?
Old 03-30-19, 08:18 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

No news yet

what upgraded wheels did you get?
Old 03-30-19, 08:48 PM
Encardyle
Driver School Candidate

No news yet

what upgraded wheels did you get?
Vossen HF2

Old 03-30-19, 09:35 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

Those look unreal! And retain the Lexus center cap.. great choice
Old 03-30-19, 11:25 PM
Encardyle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Peacebay
Those look unreal! And retain the Lexus center cap.. great choice
Appreciate it.
Old 03-31-19, 05:23 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

So the dealer sold you the car with the upgraded wheels? how did that work ?
Old 03-31-19, 10:38 PM
Encardyle
Driver School Candidate

So the dealer sold you the car with the upgraded wheels? how did that work ?
Yes they sold the car with all the body kit and wheels.
Most of the lexus dealers are now having their several cars upgraded with aftermarket stuff.

I know vossen is working with several dealers in nation and they charge extra from MSRP for these upgrades.

And customer will get warranty on these products from lexus dealership.

Park place lexus where i purchased mine have a lx570 and lc500 upgraded with vossen forged set of wheels available for sale.

You might not see them listed on website but are on dealer floor available for anyone wanting to purchase with all the upgrades
Old 04-01-19, 04:49 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Thats very cool, the dealers near me do not have anything like this...good look, maybe ill consider after market additions like these

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS Recall: Runflats improperly mounted