Big delay when flooring. - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460 and LS460 F.

Big delay when flooring.

Old 02-26-19, 04:49 AM
nsaldanh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dsc07 View Post
I hate to say it, but I don't think you have to floor it to experience this issue. I notice it when coming to brief stops at stop signs or turning right on red. There seems to be an intentional delay of a second or so after coming to a stop. If you come to a complete stop and sit there for more than 2 or 3 seconds, then there is no issue. But if you come to a complete stop, then immediately go forward, you get a very sluggish acceleration for a second or so before the power kicks in, and when it does, there's a significant lurch forward.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've got 22,000 miles now and it seems like the transmission is getting worse as the miles go by. Or maybe it's because it's winter now and it's just the way it handles in cold weather, but in either case, Lexus needs to fix this. My car is driving like crap in the city.
I notice this as well when I come to a stop sign or red light and I'm turning right. There is a complete loss of power for a second or two before it kicks in. Otherwise the car drives well -- smooth, very little wind noise or road noise (we also have very good and smooth roads in the Orlando area, so they don't contribute to the road noise).

Last edited by nsaldanh; 02-26-19 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-26-19, 05:41 AM
bigblack06

Well I got the car back, Lexus wanted to make sure everything is running correct, which they stated was but they have documented it so not sure why they wasted my time to bring it in. I guess I will wait tell the weather gets warmer in the spring and see if it still persists. My suggestion is those that are experiencing the problem should reach out to Lexus that way there is not just one customer complaining.
Old 02-28-19, 08:31 PM
Bimmer32
Driver

If you have the option to switch to and drive in sports mode, you typically do not have the lag issue. This is a common issue with turbo engine and electronic throttle control. Don't worry, you will get used to it. It happens in MB and BMW too. So unless I'm driving leisurely, I usually am in sports mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bimmer32 For This Useful Post:
oldcajun (03-03-19)
Old 03-01-19, 11:38 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

I have the exact same issue. I reported it to my dealership. It happened to me in "custom" mode, which is soft suspension but full performance. It did not happen in manual shifting mode.
Old 03-21-19, 03:45 PM
epstns
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to "bust your bubble" but this issue has been around since my (former) 2001 LS430 was new. Looong time lag when you let off the throttle, then hit it again.

Now, if you want to see a really nasty throttle lag, look in the forums covering the Mercedes E-Class TTV6 cars. . . I've been able to go for coffee while mine was thinking about going again.

It is all related to the drive-by-wire throttles and their programming. We just don't drive like the grannies these cars were apparently designed for.
Old 03-21-19, 05:57 PM
dsc07
Pole Position

Originally Posted by epstns View Post
Sorry to "bust your bubble" but this issue has been around since my (former) 2001 LS430 was new. Looong time lag when you let off the throttle, then hit it again.

Now, if you want to see a really nasty throttle lag, look in the forums covering the Mercedes E-Class TTV6 cars. . . I've been able to go for coffee while mine was thinking about going again.

It is all related to the drive-by-wire throttles and their programming. We just don't drive like the grannies these cars were apparently designed for.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. I never experienced this issue in my '04 LS430, 07' LS460 or '10 LS460L.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: