LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Price Paid for a LS 500/ F-Sport/ H (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-19, 06:15 PM
scubadvr1
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by snackyx
What exactly is the typical discount during the "December to Remember" sales event? I assume this is factory discount that is in ADDITION to any dealer discounts? Also, a neophyte question, but how does the Cosco discount that I see mentioned work?
Last year the factory offered a $5000 allowance plus an additional $3000 if you own a competitor's car like Mercedes etc. These discounts were in addition to whatever the local dealer offers.
Old 05-13-19, 08:08 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

There are still new 2018s for sale. Probably can't lease them though.
Old 05-14-19, 01:08 AM
ttantioch
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by snackyx
LS500...sorry!
Then it is a wrong place I guess
Old 05-14-19, 03:32 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Most of the 18's I have noticed are non-fsports as I think most of the F-Sports are sold.
Old 05-14-19, 10:26 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

I'm all the way in socal. But here's my deal from January
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (01-26-20)
Old 05-26-19, 08:55 AM
angrypengu
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I was looking at some of the prices you folks have paid and I kept on saying to myself "BS"! Then, I did some research, and this surprised me.

https://www.car-buying-strategies.co...ls-prices.html

Looks like Lexus margins are a shocking ~10%! Audi/BMW is at 7%, in comparison. Also, on the LS's, there is a holdback paid to the dealer, so if you roll in the 10% margin + holdback + incentives, it explains how folks are getting discounts in the neighborhood of 15%. How some of you are getting 20% though....congrats!
Old 05-26-19, 11:25 AM
scubadvr1
Driver

Originally Posted by angrypengu
I was looking at some of the prices you folks have paid and I kept on saying to myself "BS"! Then, I did some research, and this surprised me.

https://www.car-buying-strategies.co...ls-prices.html

Looks like Lexus margins are a shocking ~10%! Audi/BMW is at 7%, in comparison. Also, on the LS's, there is a holdback paid to the dealer, so if you roll in the 10% margin + holdback + incentives, it explains how folks are getting discounts in the neighborhood of 15%. How some of you are getting 20% though....congrats!
I got 20% in December, when the factory incentives are best, when I bought my LS back in 2013. I'll be looking for a new one in August when the incentives are pretty good but not as good. Hopefully 15-20% will be available then.
Old 06-24-19, 11:55 AM
KP117
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates guys? In a couple months I will be looking to get the 89,000 msrp f sport for 800 to 900 dollars a month lease. Anyone think this is possible?
Old 06-24-19, 12:01 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KP117
Any updates guys? In a couple months I will be looking to get the 89,000 msrp f sport for 800 to 900 dollars a month lease. Anyone think this is possible?
A payment of 1% of the MSRP with no money down is usually a pretty good deal.
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (01-26-20)
Old 06-24-19, 09:41 PM
KP117
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
A payment of 1% of the MSRP with no money down is usually a pretty good deal.
Thanks! Any dealers that you can suggest that would be willing to do that deal?
Old 06-24-19, 09:54 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KP117
Thanks! Any dealers that you can suggest that would be willing to do that deal?
I'm all the way in los Angeles.
Old 07-11-19, 11:56 AM
scubadvr1
Driver

Well, I just bought a 2019 LS500, Manganese Luster/Black Interior, and while I will love the car (it arrives from port in a couple of weeks) I am thoroughly disappointed with the shopping experience. I contacted TEN dealers in my area, about a 200 mile radius, via email and told them the car I wanted and the price I wanted to pay. After several days of negotiating, AND BEING LIED TO BY SO MANY DISGUSTING SALESPEOPLE (what's that joke, Question: "what do you call a hundred car salespeople on the bottom of the ocean?" Answer: "A good start!" ) I made a deal.

Granted, I don't give dealers much to work with: I pay in cash so there is no opportunity for them to reap financing or lease royalties/interest, only a couple are nearby so the rest know I won't be servicing my car with them, so the only real profit opportunity is on the price of the car. Anyway, with a sticker of $89.0, I was able to negotiate (only) a 13% discount, WHICH, HOWEVER, INCLUDES EVERY FREAKING FEE IMAGINABLE. And that's the key.....sure you can negotiate a better price off sticker, but by the time they nail you with all those damn fees the discount quickly worsens. So my discount of 13% includes ALL FEES, with the exception of sales tax.

I know if I waited until December I could get a better deal, but I'm worried the color combination I really wanted might not be available in December as inventory levels on '19's start to yield to the '20 model year sometime in early fall.

Right now this summer sales event comes with a $3,000 corporate rebate, which, could actually get better or worse before the sale ends at the end of August. That's right, the rebate could change during the sale, based on the supply/demand of cars during the event.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone shopping around. Please don't tell me if you get/got a better deal, I might get sick!
Old 07-11-19, 12:14 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scubadvr1
Well, I just bought a 2019 LS500, Manganese Luster/Black Interior, and while I will love the car (it arrives from port in a couple of weeks) I am thoroughly disappointed with the shopping experience. I contacted TEN dealers in my area, about a 200 mile radius, via email and told them the car I wanted and the price I wanted to pay. After several days of negotiating, AND BEING LIED TO BY SO MANY DISGUSTING SALESPEOPLE (what's that joke, Question: "what do you call a hundred car salespeople on the bottom of the ocean?" Answer: "A good start!" ) I made a deal.

Granted, I don't give dealers much to work with: I pay in cash so there is no opportunity for them to reap financing or lease royalties/interest, only a couple are nearby so the rest know I won't be servicing my car with them, so the only real profit opportunity is on the price of the car. Anyway, with a sticker of $89.0, I was able to negotiate (only) a 13% discount, WHICH, HOWEVER, INCLUDES EVERY FREAKING FEE IMAGINABLE. And that's the key.....sure you can negotiate a better price off sticker, but by the time they nail you with all those damn fees the discount quickly worsens. So my discount of 13% includes ALL FEES, with the exception of sales tax.

I know if I waited until December I could get a better deal, but I'm worried the color combination I really wanted might not be available in December as inventory levels on '19's start to yield to the '20 model year sometime in early fall.

Right now this summer sales event comes with a $3,000 corporate rebate, which, could actually get better or worse before the sale ends at the end of August. That's right, the rebate could change during the sale, based on the supply/demand of cars during the event.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone shopping around. Please don't tell me if you get/got a better deal, I might get sick!

Congrats. Same color combo as mine. Post pics when it arrives.

PS. I had a experienced a few not so nice dealers as well. One dealer wouldn't even allow a test drive without running my credit.
Old 07-11-19, 02:16 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by scubadvr1

Congrats same exterior color, I had the same experience with the first and had to shop around. Sucks but dealerships just try to get as much profit from the consumer as possible. Can't wait for you to post the pics.
Old 08-01-19, 06:04 PM
scubadvr1
Driver

Lexus corporate just increased the summer sale rebate to $4,000 on the LS, expires at the end of August. It was $3,000 in July so I guess they didn't move as many cars as they hoped. I purchased my LS in July, but I don't take delivery until Saturday, so luckily I'll get the $4,000 rebate not the $3,000.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a LS 500/ F-Sport/ H (Lease or Purchase)