LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

07 LS460L Brake Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-19, 12:43 PM
cycle22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 LS460L Brake Issues

Just installed new OEM brake actuator and brake booster... The technician tells me that the brake actuator is constantly on/running while the car is sitting still.. Also says the yaw sensor outputting voltage almost as if the car is in a spin or out of control.. Anybody ever experience anything like this with your LS460???
Old 05-18-19, 02:55 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle22
Just installed new OEM brake actuator and brake booster... The technician tells me that the brake actuator is constantly on/running while the car is sitting still.. Also says the yaw sensor outputting voltage almost as if the car is in a spin or out of control.. Anybody ever experience anything like this with your LS460???
Never read of this on here did it have a problem before you installed? Who installed it? You? I’m guessing something wasn’t done right.
Old 05-18-19, 03:30 PM
yyymmm31
Intermediate

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle22
----
It looks that there is air or a leak in your brake system. Ask your technician if he/she used Techstream to bleed the brake system per Lexus procedure for replacing brake actuator. Often, small indy shops don't follow Lexus repair procedure to replace brake actuator and pump, resulting in air in the brake system. Then, the brake actuator constantly attempts to adjust the brake fluid pressure (the long clinking noise from the actuator). You could ask your technician to follow Lexus repair procedure to do the "replace brake actuator" bleeding procedure. Most likely, the problem will be fixed. Good luck.
----
Old 05-20-19, 10:24 PM
cycle22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
Never read of this on here did it have a problem before you installed? Who installed it? You? I’m guessing something wasn’t done right.
Installed by a factory trained technician.. he use to work at the Lexus dealership that we purchased the new parts from..

Originally Posted by yyymmm31
----
It looks that there is air or a leak in your brake system. Ask your technician if he/she used Techstream to bleed the brake system per Lexus procedure for replacing brake actuator. Often, small indy shops don't follow Lexus repair procedure to replace brake actuator and pump, resulting in air in the brake system. Then, the brake actuator constantly attempts to adjust the brake fluid pressure (the long clinking noise from the actuator). You could ask your technician to follow Lexus repair procedure to do the "replace brake actuator" bleeding procedure. Most likely, the problem will be fixed. Good luck.
----
I will run this by him and ask him about the bleed procedure..I do recall him saying that the brake bleeding process was difficult and that it is a timed procedure for each step etc.. thanks for the insight!