LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Got Keyed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-19, 07:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyV
I'm telling you ******* my PDR guy repainted the entire door panel - at his shop!

Jackholes.
What is your problem? Why get so rude?

Just because *your* PDR guy may also do paint work does not mean *all* PDR guys do paintwork. The two skillsets are totally different, PDR is an entirely different field than paint. Its like saying "Well, just go down to your shoe store and buy a jacket". Some shoe stores may sell jackets, but all of them certainly don't, nor do most of them.

What do you think PDR stands for? PAINTLESS Dent Removal. If painting were a typical job of a PDR tech it wouldn't be called paintless.

In any event, I wouldnt want my PDR guy doing paint work just like I wouldnt want my body guy doing PDR. Best to let people do what they specialize in.
The following users liked this post:
RandyV (03-29-19)
Old 03-28-19, 09:41 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Makes me sick to read this thread. I wonder if you asked around to people at the skating area / greenbelt, if they had heard of anyone else's car having been keyed. And if so, if a dirtbag had been identified.
I think I've learned my lesson about parking in that particular area. Boise's still has a pretty small town feel, and it's rare that you see a car as expensive as an LS. So, if it sticks out in the city, it certainly sticks out in a public park near where panhandlers and homeless folks are known to hang out. I might have to drive a little further, but I'll find something in a safer area going forward.
Old 03-28-19, 09:42 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SW17LS
What is your problem? Why get so rude?

Just because *your* PDR guy may also do paint work does not mean *all* PDR guys do paintwork. The two skillsets are totally different, PDR is an entirely different field than paint. Its like saying "Well, just go down to your shoe store and buy a jacket". Some shoe stores may sell jackets, but all of them certainly don't, nor do most of them.

What do you think PDR stands for? PAINTLESS Dent Removal. If painting were a typical job of a PDR tech it wouldn't be called paintless.

In any event, I wouldnt want my PDR guy doing paint work just like I wouldnt want my body guy doing PDR. Best to let people do what they specialize in.
Steve, you crack me up.
RandyV (03-29-19)
Old 03-29-19, 06:07 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I'm telling you ******* my PDR guy repainted the entire door panel - at his shop!

Jackholes.
I interpreted Randy as just cutting up with us. Not trying to be an ****. However, I don't know for sure, just the way I saw it.
RandyV (03-29-19)
Old 03-29-19, 06:33 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

The paint finish on the Lexus 460 is one of the best I have ever seen, very close to Bentley, apparently it is made by hand between multiple clear layers, you barely see the orange peel texture common to most of the cars. The painting and environment equipment also make a difference. I'm quite sure it can be done closer by the body shop but it may cost $$$$
Old 03-30-19, 01:38 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Jackholes.
can I have his number I wanna call him
Old 03-30-19, 01:39 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tx170754
The paint finish on the Lexus 460 is one of the best I have ever seen, very close to Bentley, apparently it is made by hand between multiple clear layers, you barely see the orange peel texture common to most of the cars. The painting and environment equipment also make a difference. I'm quite sure it can be done closer by the body shop but it may cost $$$$
not sure about the ls400 but the 430 and 460 were definitely wet sanded and polished from the factory

now wanna see some real comedy ? Go check out the ls500 in person, its orange peel city, looks worse then what I can do on my driveway no word of a lie
Old 03-30-19, 01:46 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
can I have his number I wanna call him
He's in San Diego, TO.

BTW - I'm originally from Sault Ste. Marie, ONT.
Old 03-30-19, 06:49 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

He's in San Diego, TO.

I used to live in San Diego! Mission Hills, Chula Vista, Imperial Beach, etc. Not to mention NAS Coronado and 32nd St...
Old 03-31-19, 01:32 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 211 Likes on 189 Posts

He's in San Diego, TO.

what does TO stand for here since I’m Canadian and the only TO I know is Toronto
Old 04-03-19, 12:58 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdanielca
what does TO stand for here since I’m Canadian and the only TO I know is Toronto
Exactly - the guy is from Toronto
Old 04-03-19, 12:59 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Originally Posted by DerrickM
I used to live in San Diego! Mission Hills, Chula Vista, Imperial Beach, etc. Not to mention NAS Coronado and 32nd St...
Thanks for your service!
Old 04-08-19, 07:37 AM
DerrickM
Advanced

Dropped off "Creampuff" this morning to get repainted. Will have to drive the 2001 Acura for a couple weeks.
Old 04-17-19, 07:19 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Got my baby back today. Like it never happened. Well, almost--I do have a couple of minor gripes that I'll need to take the car back for, but the repaint itself is amazing. As a bonus, there was a tiny door ding that is now gone.

Old 04-18-19, 07:23 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

I was wrong. Took a closer look today and parts of the door trim are not installed correctly. Some of the trim pieces don't stay put and/or aren't fitting correctly. There's the occasional dirt in the paint, etc. Scuffed some of the corners of the vinyl on interior door panels etc. Should have taken it to the dealer...

Taking it to the insurance company to let them have a look. Ugh.

Quick Reply: Got Keyed