LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Carly for Toyota Beta

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-19, 04:07 AM
PwrdbyM
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Carly for Toyota Beta

I was just picked up to be a beta tester for Carly who is in the process of developing an app for Toyota. I’ve used this app extensively with BMWs and those with other brands will recognize it. Similar to the same set-up as Carista, a small OBD box which links to an app. Carly was special for BMW because it allowed you to actually code things in and out of the ECU which wouldn’t ordinarily be available in the menu. Hopefully it will do more than Carista and be yet another resource for our cars. They’re using the same OBD box we already have for BMW. I’ll report back.
The following 2 users liked this post by PwrdbyM:
Caflashbob (01-14-19), SW17LS (01-14-19)
Old 03-02-19, 07:10 PM
PwrdbyM
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I tested the Carly for Toyota app over the last few weeks and found it to “code” all of the features it stated were available. If you’ve used Carly for BMW then the interface is the same. It works the same as Carista; you plug a small box into the OBD port and it creates a wifi network to interface with via an app. I’ve posted up some screen shots so you can get an idea of what it looks like. With BMWs it actually allows some actual coding (features not otherwise manipulated) however with the Toyota version it appears to mostly manipulate the already available features. There’s other features like OBD code reading and diagnostics available as well. I’m not affiliated with the company, just wanted to show another option for our vehicles. It could come down to price between Carista and Carly as they seem to be competitive.

Old 03-04-19, 11:11 PM
tlk2megoos
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can I disable the damn TPMS sensors/warning? That’s pretty much the only thing that would be useful for me.