Had a front and rear dash cam installed... - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017)
Had a front and rear dash cam installed... >

Had a front and rear dash cam installed...

Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Had a front and rear dash cam installed...

Old 01-10-19, 12:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

All you have to do in order to view a video is to push a button on the camera, link it to your smartphone and it will play on your smartphone at the scene. The camera has WiFi.
Old 01-10-19, 03:32 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tofuprod View Post
I have something similar, but it's charcoal leather, so it matches the interior of my dash, for my I-Pass.
I ordered that one too, I'll decide which one I like best.

Originally Posted by NotFasty View Post
Can you guys post links to your tollway transponder covers? I'm really curious... I have a suction cup mount, but it rattles way too much & I normally only use it in rental cars. Thanks.
I don't have mine yet, but this is the silicone one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253989835114

This is the leather one:

Amazon Amazon

The Following User Says Thank You to SW17LS For This Useful Post:
NotFasty (01-10-19)
Old 01-10-19, 04:31 PM
PwrdbyM
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
All you have to do in order to view a video is to push a button on the camera, link it to your smartphone and it will play on your smartphone at the scene. The camera has WiFi.
Perfect!!!
Old 01-11-19, 02:49 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Sponsor

Steve,

Excellent post. I would probably do this exact dash cam model, due to your post and explanation, it hits everything I would want. The fact that it fits in the rear window with the shade up is a big plus. However, my son is wanting one. I would want to put one in his car first, but I don't think I'll go for such an expensive model for him.

I still say, you will love your LS even more when you can hear just how sweet that V8 sounds. And, it is a less expensive (like 1/4th) endeavor than was the dash cam. If you didn't like the Exhaust Vents, you could resell them easily. You would be a good advocate if they are worthy … or not.

But back to the topic at hand. A must for me is to display the speed, I was glad to see the speed displayed in your videos. Question: Is the first video actually your car? Because the hood doesn't look like an LS hood.

Jason Oliver

Jason Oliver
Oliver Enterprises
a.k.a. 7milesout
14 years in automotive engineering (Mechanical Design Engineer)
Old 01-12-19, 12:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, all the videos are my car. The 13-17 models have a bulge in the center of the hood the earlier models don't. You can choose whether to display the speed or not.

I'll definitely get around to trying out the vents eventually!
Old 01-12-19, 12:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Oh, and I got the leather EZpass cover. Looks good, it makes the EZpass bigger, so we'll see if I like the silicone one more when I get it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: