LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What did you do to your LS today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-18, 09:13 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Why would you want to do that? Behind an RV?
Yep! Will be doing more RV'ing in the coming years as I get close to retirement. That's the main reason why I went SHO. I wanted to tow it, but still have some juvenile fun as well. ;-)
Old 11-03-18, 06:11 AM
RussLS460
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 213374U
How about this pic? The florescent lightning in my garage makes the difference stand out a bit more.

i don’t see the issue. What’s the problem?
Old 11-03-18, 06:13 AM
RussLS460
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by kingbabu
gave it a bath
Looks like a foam cannon saw some action!
Old 12-05-18, 05:56 AM
tlin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Did my first oil change...

Easy job (~88K miles, 2007, previous owner was almost ALL dealer-serviced with full OEM service history thru Lexus Owners site, this would have been the first DIY oil change on the vehicle).

I really liked the Race Ramps I picked up from Craigslist. A little slow to get up the ramps (first time I've used these), the clearance afforded once perched atop them made the oil change a breeze.

Old 12-05-18, 01:33 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Snapped a pic with the new Sport wheels....

.... and ordered a 5th wheel, tire, and tpms sensor. Needed a correctly sized spare anyway (245/45r19) before a road trip next summer, but pulled the trigger now because my rear right wheel has a slight bend that causes vibrations above 60mph. I'll put the new one there and throw that one in as the spare to get me where I need to go, just in case.
Old 12-05-18, 01:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Looks great! Are they plated chrome or PVD?

Did you notice any change in ride when you went from the 18s?
Old 12-05-18, 03:53 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

They're chromed OEM so whatever process Lexus used.

The only difference I really noticed was more road feel and feedback, but I can't really give an honest review until I get that slightly bent wheel swapped out for the new one. It'll be good for the spare but I have no idea how much of what I'm feeling is a result of that vs. the road itself on the larger wheel with smaller sidewall.

The tires are phenomenal and I now see how badly she needed them. The Continental DW's I had on it went 35K and had minimal tread life remaining. The best way to describe the difference when I swapped those out is that the old ones felt like riding on balloons; the little bit of tread that was there was not enough to absorb road imperfections as well as brand new tires. And the P7's are quieter compared to the Conti's IMO.
Old 12-05-18, 05:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Oh the P7s are great tires, the best tires for this car...

Run them about 31-32 PSI
Old 12-05-18, 07:07 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts

Not really today, but the week of Thanksgiving - got hit by another car who got into an accident earlier that week as well. Idiots do not pay attention.
Body shop drop off is on Tuesday.
Old 12-06-18, 06:29 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

213374U - I have the same chromed wheels. Love 'em. Looks good on silver too. Just the right amount of bling on the car IMO.

tofu - Sorry about your troubles. Idiots … they're everywhere.
Old 11-24-19, 09:40 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I got pulled over the other day only for no front plate. I know in Texas we have a requirement for a front plate but the state that the car was originally purchased didn’t require it so the the couple who owned it before me didn’t have one, so I never bothered.It is a $300 fine or bring a picture to court with a front plate and get it dismissed for $10. The choice was easy.

I wanted to avoid drilling completely if possible so I had to do some homework.

I know there is the tow hook option but it would have covered one of the parking sensors and also sticks out. It also looks a bit odd.

There was the drill two tiny holes in the underside of your bumper option. That was the one I was leaning towards until I came across the option made by Sly Brackets. Someone mentioned it on a thread on CL but didn’t have any pics. I reached out the them and they replied to texts within minutes. They sent me a mocked up picture of possible placements.

When the plate mount arrived I was impressed with how solid everything was made. Instructions were very clear and it took about ten minutes to put on. Would have been less if I hadn’t tried out a few different locations. In the end I got it to sit exactly where I wanted; showing as much of the bumper without going below the lower valance. The FSport has that two tone painted bumper and I didn’t want to cover that up.

If you need a license plate mount, don’t want to drill into your bumper, and want flexibility of where you mount it check out this: site https://www.slybrackets.com/store/

You can tell from the quality of parts and from how it was engineered that guy who created it took a lot of time to think of how to make this meets the needs of everyone. Great product overall.

Before

After

Side view

The following users liked this post:
Kuhan (11-26-19)
Old 11-25-19, 07:07 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

bigsherv - That's really good info for the front plate folks. And, at least your plate seems to match and blend in well with your car. The background color of the plate seems the same or similar as your car. Good find, and good work.
Old 11-25-19, 07:39 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

I thought of you when I saw how nicely and professionally it was packed. Also how it was made. You can tell they like what they do.

I found out the owner recently moved to Texas. Supporting a US and Texas business sealed the deal for me.

ps. I know one of these days I am going to get a second set of vents. These new European cars have more and more grunt when they start up.

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
bigsherv - That's really good info for the front plate folks. And, at least your plate seems to match and blend in well with your car. The background color of the plate seems the same or similar as your car. Good find, and good work.
Old 11-27-19, 10:02 AM
rcboneyard
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Washed and ?????

First snow of the year! Washed and detailed, parked in garage, installed car cover, plug in the "Battery Tender" and don't drive until the snow clears.
Old 11-28-19, 09:33 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

From a few months back... custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosure

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post10669707

The following users liked this post:
Thegamemhb (11-28-19)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS today?