LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Park Guidance part list

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-18, 02:28 PM
JonnyB81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Guidance part list

Hello All, Im new to the group so Ill introduce myself my name is Jonathan. I apologize ahead of time if this subject has been covered. Im looking to add park guidance to my 2008 lexus LS460. I currently have park assist. But would love to add park guidance as well, do any of you know what parts are needed to make this possible? Also is there a write up on how this is done. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-18, 02:47 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

Received 428 Likes on 330 Posts

Hi JonnyB, welcome to Club Lexus.

Since I have been on this forum I don't remember seeing this topic covered. I could be wrong and you can always use the search function to see if you can find anything.

Just to clarify terminology for you, you have Advanced Parking Guidance. It is Intuitive Parking Assist that actually parks the car for you. I'm assuming this is what you want to add. When I ordered my 2007, in order to get "Intuitive Parking Assist" (a $500 option) you also had to order the "Navigation/Mark Levinson/Advance Parking Guidance" option ($6345). This option included the rear camera which was needed for the park assist.

I have a feeling this will be difficult if not expensive to do, but anything is possible.
The following users liked this post:
JonnyB81 (02-27-18)
Old 02-27-18, 02:52 PM
JonnyB81
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, yes just to clarify I do want to add Intuitive Parking Assist. I currently DO have Advance Parking Guidance, and Navigation. However I DO NOT have the Mark Levinson sound system. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great. and Thanks Nospinzone for clearing some of the terminology for me.
Old 02-27-18, 03:22 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I would imagine you'd be better off selling your car and buying one with it. To add Mark Levinson you will need to change rear door panels to add speakers, buy a new radio setup etc, not to mention the wiring necessary. It would be very cost prohibitive for something you wont use on a daily basis.

However you aren't missing anything with having the car park itself. It is a gimmick, and would be used a couple times and thats it. By the time you get the car in the right spot to park it correctly, people are already honking at you. It is cool to see, but I think I used it 4-5 times and then it was quicker and easier to do myself.
Old 02-27-18, 03:30 PM
JonnyB81
Driver School Candidate

Sounded like a good idea, especially for a car I'm barely ever home to drive. Thank you guys for the input!
Old 02-27-18, 04:45 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

Received 428 Likes on 330 Posts

I should clarify. You don't need the Mark L system. There were two options, Navigation/Mark Levinson/Advance Parking @ $6345 and just Navigation/Advanced Parking Guidance @ $3815. It is this latter option that you probably have (keep in mind these were 2007 prices so yours may have been slightly different).

Editorial comment: I have to tell you I got the Intuitive Parking Assist because it was only $500 extra and it was novel at the time. I thought well maybe when I had a stiff neck it would be helpful. When people first rode with me everyone wanted to experience it and frankly it was kind of a parlor trick. I'm in the Boston area. The fastest I could parallel park the car with the park assist was about 15 seconds. In Boston that is an eternity. Before you could get into the space either people would be honking at you, or some wise *** in a Cooper Mini would swoop into the space.

And one other little problem. You cannot touch the gas pedal, you have to use the normal idle speed. This means if you want to park in a space that is even slightly uphill, you are on your own.
Old 02-28-18, 12:58 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by greg3852
I would imagine you'd be better off selling your car and buying one with it. To add Mark Levinson you will need to change rear door panels to add speakers, buy a new radio setup etc, not to mention the wiring necessary. It would be very cost prohibitive for something you wont use on a daily basis.

However you aren't missing anything with having the car park itself. It is a gimmick, and would be used a couple times and thats it. By the time you get the car in the right spot to park it correctly, people are already honking at you. It is cool to see, but I think I used it 4-5 times and then it was quicker and easier to do myself.
I agree. I was in the same boat when I picked up my LS, it was a feature that I HAD to have. When it works, it's ok but, 95% of the time, it does not find the spot correctly, meaning you need to play with the settings to adjust it... and to be dead honest, it's quicker just to back the car in.

I was and still am very disappointed in the feature, if EVERYTHING is perfectly line it, sure it works but, it's rare for it to be perfectly lined up to back into a spot (something I do every day)
Old 03-01-18, 11:44 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

My car has this feature and it's useless. It's a parlor trick and thats about it. ANY slope or requirement to use the throttle. causes the function to cancel. How many parking spots are perfectly level? plus...it's SLOW...not just the parking part of the feature, but having to input the plan into the screen. Anyone waiting behind you will be very pissed. You'd be quicker making 3 failed attempts to park than letting the system succeed for you.