LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)

Old 01-14-14, 05:28 AM
philj
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)

Hi,

In my 2009 LS I could put my cell phone in the ash tray and it was always handy. However in the new LS there is no ask tray.

I would prefer not to mount the phone on the windshield and I like to see the number of the person who is calling so I do not want to put the phone in the center console. (also I forget it sometimes)

Any ideas??

thanks

phil
Old 01-14-14, 06:15 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It shows the number on the screen when they are calling, but I ALWAYS put my phone in the little spot to the right of the gear shifter. I have an iPhone and it fits perfect in there, it sits in the leather, out of the way of the shifter and never moves around.

Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)-x1cvgsgl.jpg

-Joe

Last edited by jamodeo; 01-14-14 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added Picture
Old 01-14-14, 07:38 AM
hjones4841
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just leave my iPhone in my pants pocket. For my use, I do not need to access the screen; the Bluetooth connection is sufficient.
Old 01-14-14, 09:48 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Why need to mount a cell phone?

Just activate bluetooth.
Old 01-14-14, 10:29 AM
jamodeo

I only leave it there so I can charge my phone and change playlists on spotify or other music I use from the phone. All phone stuff like calling or reading texts I do through the screen using bluetooth .

-Joe
Old 01-14-14, 02:22 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

ProClip is my go-to one stop shop for mounting brackets to fit any car. http://www.proclipusa.com/
I highly recommend their products, but for your car it looks like the only option they offer could be annoying to the passenger. On other cars with better mounting options, they have some really innovative mounts.
Old 01-14-14, 06:50 PM
korlexus
Driver

I would put it next to the gear shift too.
I think it is safer than other places as well.
Old 01-15-14, 03:58 AM
hjones4841
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jamodeo
I only leave it there so I can charge my phone and change playlists on spotify or other music I use from the phone. All phone stuff like calling or reading texts I do through the screen using bluetooth .

-Joe
Does the 2013 still have the USB connection in the console? If so, that will work to charge the phone (at least it does my iPod) as well as allow access to stored music on the iPhone via the on screen interface. Agreed, that will not allow access to apps like spotify or Pandora via the car's display.
Old 01-15-14, 05:41 AM
philj
Driver

Jamodeo Thank you so much. That is a great place to put it. Very simple and close to power.. you are a genius thank you! The simple solution is the best..

Rkenimer, I like to see who is calling. If someone calls me who is not in my phone book the screen reads: "Private Call" and no phone number, If I can see the phone I can see who is calling. Do you know if there is a way to make the incoming callers number show up on the screen if the person is not in your address book?

Hjones there is a usb connector under the arm rest and also a cigarette lighter type power socket so just like Jamodeo showed in his photo you can plug it in.

thanks to you all.

phil
Old 01-15-14, 09:05 AM
jamodeo

Originally Posted by philj
Jamodeo Thank you so much. That is a great place to put it. Very simple and close to power.. you are a genius thank you! The simple solution is the best..

Rkenimer, I like to see who is calling. If someone calls me who is not in my phone book the screen reads: "Private Call" and no phone number, If I can see the phone I can see who is calling. Do you know if there is a way to make the incoming callers number show up on the screen if the person is not in your address book?

Hjones there is a usb connector under the arm rest and also a cigarette lighter type power socket so just like Jamodeo showed in his photo you can plug it in.

thanks to you all.

phil
No problem, happy to help!

You should only be seeing (private call) when you make a call from your cell phone, when you have an incoming call it should either show the name of the person in your address book or show the raw number. Maybe that is an option you need to change and I can check and see if that is the case in the settings next time I am in my car.

-Joe
Old 01-28-14, 01:43 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts
Default Phone holder options - Proclip or Kuda???

I'm trying to decide on either the Kuda or the Proclip holder. Any personal experiences? I like that the Proclip is closer to the driver, but not sure I like how it sits flat. The Kuda is nice but a little farther aways and pretty spendy. I definately do not want a vent or window mount. I have the Galaxy Note 3 which is a bit bigger beast too and limits some options.....
Old 01-28-14, 03:36 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

or this:

http://www.panavise.com/index.html
Old 01-28-14, 08:16 PM
lexlife66
Driver School Candidate

Default +1 kuda

IMO KUDA is a better fit for the car. Aren't you using Bluetooth anyway with the car mic and speaker?
Old 01-28-14, 09:12 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, but for music, (track advance, rewind, etc), nice to have phone within reach. If I could do it through the car's screen, then I wouldn't need a holder.
Old 01-29-14, 09:08 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Proclip for the LS460 that fits over the vent. Its a great holder but my only gripe is that when you have your AC on, the holder basically blocks any air coming towards your face. I ended up blocking the vent off to get more air through the other vents.

I'm not sure which phone you have but I ended up getting this: http://www.proclipusa.com/phone-hold..._leftorright=0. The adjustable for the Samsung Galaxy S3 with a case on, is a bit flimsy on the holster. I originally had the non-adjustable and loved it. But its not adjustable to fit with a case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)