LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Traded my 2015 in on a 2017 LS460L

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-18, 06:46 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Chc4au
I see that car came from Lexus of Birmingham.
Was that car one of theirs that had hail damage?
They had a storm that produced hail and they did the paintless dent removal on a great deal of inventory.
i bought a LX (2017) from them but it was not involved in the “ hail claim”.
No, The car Steve got was Flawless. No Hail Damage noted. Look at the pictures. The only reason he got it for 22K was because he was a great Negotiator. Wait, where did I get that number from LOL !!!
Old 01-13-18, 07:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

I googled the hail storm and looks like it was back in April? This car was manufactured in August and was put in inventory by the dealer in September so I think I'm fine.

I wish I could say it was skill LOL. I happened upon the right dealer at the right time and they needed to move a unit. I had tried to work deals out with probably 5 other dealers, locally and out of town and couldn't get close to this deal. In fact, one of the cars this dealer could have gotten for me was a car in Chantilly that Chantilly had turned my deal down on. That would have been pretty funny LOL.

What amazed me the most was my dealer did this deal without even having a car in inventory, when I couldn't get within $10k of it from dealers with cars in inventory.
Old 01-14-18, 06:38 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Steve, thanks for sharing all your interior pics. She looks beautiful! PM me please with the contact info of your sales guy. Don't know what deal you got and I'm in a different price point than you anyway (looking for a 2013/2014), but you never know if they could be helpful. I'd prefer to buy from a local dealer if they can get me a car that meets my specifications and price point.
Old 01-14-18, 07:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I will for sure!

My 2015 is going to be available at Lexus of Silver Spring, that’s going to be an awesome buy for somebody. Full front clear bra, almost new Pirelli Cinturatos, oil changed every 5k miles as my plan was to keep the car for 150k miles. Literally not a mark on it. It’s a pretty low option car though.

Last edited by SW17LS; 01-14-18 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-14-18, 07:42 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

My budget and color combos is more the issue with finding the right one for me than options. Need to be at low $30's, SWB, AWD with either a Parchment interior or black/saddle tan with matte wood trim, and only Satin, Liquid plat, Nebula Gray, Red, or Blue exterior. Options wise, I'd like Comfort pkg, BSM, ML so pretty much options you'll find on most. Prefer semi-aniline, and Cold weather pkg but not must haves and even ML is optional although strongly preferred. No preference on wheels. Prefer CPO though but keeping options open.
Old 01-15-18, 05:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Got the car back from having the ClearBra installed. Full front SunTek Ultra kit, full hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, mirrors. I also had him wrap the black trim on the B pillars because that always gets swirled and scratched up in my experience. Same installer that did my GS and my 2015 LS. He does GREAT work if anybody in the area ever wants this done. Nobody who didn't know it was there would ever know. I'll never buy another car without a full front PPF kit.

The new SunTek Ultra is hydrophobic, has a special new topcoat that resists staining better, its self healing if ever scratched or marred, and comes with a 10 year warranty. I had the previous version of SunTek on the 2015 and it was awesome.

Its hard to get pictures of, which is a good thing but here are a few:

Window tint Wednesday, still deciding between 30% and 40%. Tires should be here and go on next Monday.

50 mile ride back from the installer today (thats how good he is, I drove that far), had the ML audio turned up to 35, radar cruise set, air suspension set to comfort...wonderful machine.

Last edited by SW17LS; 01-15-18 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-15-18, 05:42 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Got the car back from having the ClearBra installed. Full front SunTek Ultra kit, full hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, mirrors. I also had him wrap the black trim on the B pillars because that always gets swirled and scratched up in my experience. Same installer that did my GS and my 2015 LS. He does GREAT work if anybody in the area ever wants this done. I'll never buy another car without a full front PPF kit.

Its hard to get pictures of, which is a good thing but here are a few:

Window tint Wednesday, still deciding between 30% and 40%. Tires should be here and go on next Monday.

50 mile ride back from the installer today (thats how good he is, I drove that far), had the ML audio turned up to 35, radar cruise set...wonderful machine.
And, everybody keeps posting pics of how Good The 460 is and how I trashed my car and rubbing it in. Yes Guys, I want another BIG DADDY LEXUS. But, in the mean time, can you guys just post dirty ugly pictures of your cars so I won't feel so bad ?
Old 01-15-18, 05:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Haha, you'll find one!
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (01-15-18)
Old 01-15-18, 07:27 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Got the car back from having the ClearBra installed. Full front SunTek Ultra kit, full hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, mirrors. I also had him wrap the black trim on the B pillars because that always gets swirled and scratched up in my experience. Same installer that did my GS and my 2015 LS. He does GREAT work if anybody in the area ever wants this done. Nobody who didn't know it was there would ever know. I'll never buy another car without a full front PPF kit.
The new SunTek Ultra is hydrophobic, has a special new topcoat that resists staining better, its self healing if ever scratched or marred, and comes with a 10 year warranty. I had the previous version of SunTek on the 2015 and it was awesome.
50 mile ride back from the installer today (thats how good he is, I drove that far), had the ML audio turned up to 35, radar cruise set, air suspension set to comfort...wonderful machine.
Great pics, Steve. That front end wrap must have cost you a pretty penny, but it's definitely worth protecting your "investment".

I feel very content when cruising the interstates, watching the miles slip by, and using all the gizmos in my car. BTW, you forgot to note how you don't miss your kids kicking your seat in this car

Any thoughts on the utility of the extra Home and Back buttons on the RTC? Are we missing anything by not having it in the pre-2016 cars? I also would really love to have the full map Nav screen and improved on-screen graphics in my 2014. It's hard to believe that Lexus cannot offer that feature in the 2013-2015 cars through a software update.
Old 01-15-18, 07:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I am kick free now! Haha. Yeah the clear bra is expensive, he’s also especially expensive but he does great work (in the shop with mine were two Tesla’s, a Rolls Royce and a Porsche GT3) Not having to worry about chips is worth a lot to me though.

I don’t use the enter buttons, I push down on the mousepad. The home button works well though.
Old 03-19-18, 09:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Just following up on the car. Just rolled over 2,500 miles, 3.5 months in.

I LOVE the car. I like it a great deal more than my 2015 SWB, I really can’t put my finger on why because it’s the same in many more ways than it’s different, but there’s something about it. The car is much more “substantial”, it rides beautifully, it goes down the road so elegantly. I drove 40 miles up to an appointment yesterday and at 80MPH on the highway with the DRCC on it really does slip along the road like a jet. The car gets more attention, everybody at work wants to ride in it. Even though I’m paying a good bit more for it than the old one I feel like I’m getting more value.

I think a lot of it is the better interior appointments with the semi aniline leather, everywhere you touch is so high quality, leather all over the wheel, the suede headliner, better armrest leathers, etc. Makes a huge difference in the car.

I’ll be driving it 350 miles each way to WV sometime next month probably and I’m really looking forward to it.

Still waiting on the tags, dealer screwed them all up. They actually had to extend my temporary tag.
Old 03-22-18, 06:32 PM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I was thinking of you when I was in Korea last month; there are G90s running around all over Seoul. The look is growing on me and i was wondering if you would be telling us one day how great a car it was.

I agree the LSL has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi over the SWB car (which is also a great car) but my one complaint over it (and my LS430) is that I find it harder to park. Not sure why. Also agreed the LWB cars have a lot more leather bits and pieces which ups the glamour factor inside.

Enjoy it! I agree long drives are effortless; I take this car to Palm Springs every year and the 2 hours (and 120 miles) just fly by.
Old 03-22-18, 06:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Haha! The G90 is a great car, the snob in me was just worried that without the "Lexus" factor after a while it wouldn't hold the appeal for me.

I do find it a little harder to park, but its not bad.
Old 03-23-18, 10:21 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Haha! The G90 is a great car, the snob in me was just worried that without the "Lexus" factor after a while it wouldn't hold the appeal for me.

I do find it a little harder to park, but its not bad.
Isn't the long wheel base only 5 inches or so longer then the standard wheel base or does the added wheelbase length make it harder to park then a standard wheel base? I would not think a extra 5 inches or so in length would make any difference parking it.
Old 03-23-18, 07:09 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Isn't the long wheel base only 5 inches or so longer then the standard wheel base or does the added wheelbase length make it harder to park then a standard wheel base? I would not think a extra 5 inches or so in length would make any difference parking it.
I recall test driving a 2011 LWB and distinctly remember not particularly liking the added length in the back. I would get used to it over time but the first impression felt as if I was pulling a trailer hitch. The extra 5 inches is perceived as more and I have to be more mindful of turns so that I don't clip a curb with the rear tires. On paper it doesn't seem like much but we're talking about extending a lot of extra volume rearward. Sometimes I feel our SWB barely fits into parking spaces, guaranteeing a LWB would jut out uncomfortably into parking lot traffic. Do I still pine for a LWB? Heck yes.

Quick Reply: Traded my 2015 in on a 2017 LS460L