ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Traded my 2015 in on a 2017 LS460L (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/876911-traded-my-2015-in-on-a-2017-ls460l.html)

SW17LS 01-02-18 07:45 PM

Traded my 2015 in on a 2017 LS460L

Well, sort of lol. The car isn't here yet, it should be over the next couple days. I signed all the paperwork tonight to get in under the wire for December to Remember. So, technically its all done but the car is still in Alabama. As I left the salesman urged me to be careful with the trade LOL.

As you know I've gone round and round about this, weighed a lot of different options.

1. Buying my 2015 out and keeping it
2. Waiting and trading on a 2018 LS500
3. Trading on a Genesis G90
4. Trading for something else entirely (Range Rover, Q7, S Class, etc etc)

The equity position I was in made #3 or #4 not make any sense, better to wait until closer to the end of the lease.

I came to the conclusion that I wasn't done with the LS yet, I absolutely love the car. I couldn't bring myself to go to Genesis, and other stuff while appealing once I was back in my car it just didn't justify the enormous increased cost. The LS500, aside from some issues I have with the look, decreased space despite increased exterior size and loss of the V8 the reviews are pointing to a much sportier drive which doesn't appeal to me. My 2015 though is lowly optioned, and for a "keeper" I wanted some more stuff, and more space for my kids. So, I decided really what I wanted was a well loaded LS460L, the last of the "traditional" Lexus LS.

So I started looking around, and they made me a deal I really couldn't refuse, all without even having a car on their lot. I identified several cars up and down the east coast that would work, all of which I was unable to get anywhere near this deal with the dealers that had them directly. Got the word this morning that they had found me a liquid platinum (silver) on black car and it was on the way. Had to drive 6.5 hours back from Albany today and then go over and sign the docs.

On to the car, its a RWD LWB with the semi-aniline leather, ML Audio, air suspension, LED headlights, radar cruise and PCS. Would have preferred AWD just for snow ability, but I'm looking forward to having all the power and a RWD car again. Not too worried about the air suspension, will get a warranty at the end if I keep it. Nice thing is in trade for the AWD I got the air and the radar cruise/PCS. Its impossible to find an AWD car with those options.

Obviously I don't have the car yet, and I will update this when I get it. I did spend a day with a LWB AWD on coils though to live with it, park it in my garage, etc. It does ride a little better than the SWB car, and it definitely has a bigger more imposing look. I'm sure the car will ride like a dream on the air suspension.

comotiger 01-02-18 08:51 PM

Yeah, Steve! Congrats on the new car, and welcome to the club of 460Ls! It's great you could find a car with DRCC. As you say, it's slim pickings from the 460Ls that are already out there, so there are probably no vehicles available in a color combo you like with AWD, let alone APCS and/or UltraLux. Have you decided on the wheels and tires?

When do you expect to take delivery of your car? Needless to say, please post lots of pics inside and out. Also, let us know if those extra home buttons on the remote controller really make navigating the menus easier.

SW17LS 01-02-18 09:28 PM

Thanks! Haven’t decided on the wheels. I’m going to drive it with the air suspension and see. I like the look of the 19s...

Unfortunately this one doesn’t have the Michelin’s...

Should be probably Thursday.

sha4000 01-02-18 10:51 PM

Congrats on the upgrade. I think the liquid platinum is a great color and was the reason i went with silver on my car. Getting an L was a must even though i tossed around the ideal of getting a SWB. I'm glad that you stuck with the LS no matter what the reasoning was behind your decision.

1WILLY1 01-02-18 11:20 PM

nice score man, the 2017 is going to be the rarest of all the 460's and the most refined

greg3852 01-03-18 05:09 AM

Great choice. Looking forward to the pics. Sounds like a good deal, and now you just need to get a driver!

SW17LS 01-03-18 05:37 AM

Thanks guys! Keep you posted.

Yeah it was built 8/17 so one of the very last made.

mikebrinda 01-03-18 06:09 AM

Really nice and congratulations!

Your initial list of options mirrored my own, and like you I was made an offer I just couldn't refuse. But looking down the road at the end of my three year lease, I struggle with the buyout vs. lease another new car, especially over the V8 vs. V6 twin turbo evolution. All things being equal, in three years I will still have a great (and rare) car. But being a "car guy" I enjoy looking forward to the "new shiny thing." I enjoy the process of reviewing the cars I might choose, going to the LA Auto Show each year, etc. All that is off the table once I commit to keeping the car I have now, and I don't want to give that up.

Decisions, decisions . . . .

SW17LS 01-03-18 06:11 AM

Yeah I'm the same way. Its nice to have options, and we just never know what might be available 3-4 years from now.

The way mine works out with the residual I'll have lots of options...

jrmckinley 01-03-18 07:07 AM

Awesome- can't wait to see pics. I love the name "liquid platinum" - I bet it's beautiful. I think you'll enjoy having the "L" - much harder for the kids to kick the seats (although still possible), but what I love is the added room they have in the back to navigate into their car seats. Plus when you go on a trip you can still have small bags in the rear floor board area and the kids can still get in/out of the car without stepping on stuff. And when you have adults riding in the back everyone always marvels at how much room they have. You will find it's quite a stretch for you to reach back to hand the kids something, help with their seat belt, etc. when you're sitting in the driver seat, but that's really the only con and that goes away once they're old enough to use the regular seat belt. After less than a year of having my "L", I'm relatively certain I would exclusively look for only those models moving forward.

Put the 19 inch 5 stars on it from the 07-12 model... Still dying to see those on a '13-'17.

caha14 01-03-18 08:22 AM

Congratulations, Steve! I - too - look forward to seeing pictures.

Based on my own experience, I can almost assure you that you will love the air ride. As for drivetrain, I drove an AWD 460 some years ago, and the difference relative to my RWD 460L was very noticeable. If you can get away with RWD (and I realize the options on the car forced this, anyway), it's definitely the way to go IMHO. There are folks on here (as you know) who've had no issues with RWD and snow tires (though hopefully you don't get too much snow in your area).

DarKnight 01-03-18 08:24 AM

Congrats on the new car! Sounds like a keeper. Park your current car in the garage and get a rental!

satiger 01-03-18 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by SW15LS (Post 10070180)
On to the car, its a RWD LWB with the semi-aniline leather, ML Audio, air suspension, LED headlights, radar cruise and PCS. Would have preferred AWD just for snow ability, but I'm looking forward to having all the power and a RWD car again. Not too worried about the air suspension, will get a warranty at the end if I keep it. Nice thing is in trade for the AWD I got the air and the radar cruise/PCS. Its impossible to find an AWD car with those options..

Awesome and congrats Steve!.
This is nicely loaded LS, you would enjoy the ride especially on air sus. Don't worry much about air sus, it can easily go past 100k miles without an issue. Is it equipped with LKA?

Can't wait to see the pictures. Is interior black?.

SW17LS 01-03-18 11:32 AM

Thanks guys! Trying to get an ETA on its arrival. This winter storm coming up the coast here tonight isn't going to help...terrible time of year to have to buy a car lol. Have an appointment next wednesday to have the clear bra put on the front end.

Yeah I'm not too worried about the RWD. I remember the LS400 and LS430, they were horrible in the snow. But, the van is FWD, and I can get places if I need to. Really maybe once a year am I out in the snow and need to be able to get someplace.

No LKA, but it does have radar cruise and PCS.

SW17LS 01-03-18 01:54 PM

Couple pictures of the car from the web:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...42a63e7f7c.jpg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...b4e4ddca1e.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...4949eeb0be.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...af77857a7d.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...f80e678b98.jpg