LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2010 460LS Key Fob question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-17, 05:45 AM
rick3242
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default 2010 460LS Key Fob question

I use the doorknob very frequently to unlock the doors while the fob is in my pocket and have the following issue. There are times when I would like to open the passenger or the rear doors before the driver door and when I walk up to the car after it has been sitting locked and attempt to open useing the door handle, it does not open, rather it tries to lock the already locked car. I have searched through the settings and can not uncover any setting that will change this. Does anyone have the ability to open a locked car using the keyfob sensor and door know sensor function on any door other then the driver? If so can you share how to change?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-17, 09:40 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by rick3242
I use the doorknob very frequently to unlock the doors while the fob is in my pocket and have the following issue. There are times when I would like to open the passenger or the rear doors before the driver door and when I walk up to the car after it has been sitting locked and attempt to open useing the door handle, it does not open, rather it tries to lock the already locked car. I have searched through the settings and can not uncover any setting that will change this. Does anyone have the ability to open a locked car using the keyfob sensor and door know sensor function on any door other then the driver? If so can you share how to change? Thanks in advance
Yes, I can unlock any door by pulling the handle with the keyfob in pocket. Can't recall if it is a specific setting that I might have adjusted using Carista. Check your manual to see if there is a dealer-adjustable setting for this. The Carista app can help if this is the case.
Old 12-06-17, 11:16 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 880 Likes on 663 Posts

The outside door handles have two separate functions, unlock by reaching through
the handle and lock by pressing the button. Be sure that you do not do both, reach
through and also thumb the button. When you reach through the driver's door it will
unlock only itself (default setting) and when you reach through any passengers door
handle it will unlock all four (4) doors. Touching any door button will lock all doors.
All of these actions are assuming you have the key within three (3) feet of the car.

Are you asking if you can unlock a passenger door without unlocking the driver's? No.
You can change a setting to have the driver's door unlock them all but why? Reaching
through the left side rear door (doesn't need to be actually opened) will unlock them all.
Fob tricks include holding the unlock button down 2-3 seconds and all windows & sunroof
will begin to open! Release to stop partway down, vents a hot car before entering.
The following users liked this post:
rick3242 (12-11-17)
Old 12-06-17, 02:42 PM
rick3242
Pit Crew

Thanks,
I was using it incorectly - now that I undestand the proper operation all is well and it works as designed.

Thanks again
Old 12-07-17, 01:46 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

rick - If you are interested, it can be changed to where touching the driver's door handle will unlock all 4 doors. I have done that. Why? Because sometimes I have people with me. And I don't want to have riders pulling a dead handle and/or waiting on me to hit the unlock button from inside, or have to remember to touch the rear door handle, and I don't want someone to wonder why I'm either getting the door for them, or why I didn't go ahead and open the door for them (when I just touched the handle and then moved to the front door).

Also, I'm not a small guy. I'm about like Shrek. So I'm neither concerned about safety issues, nor do I live or go into areas where unlocking all 4 doors at the same time is ANY kind of safety issue. I'm not too big on safety issues related to door locking, auto brakes, blind spot, lane departure, etc. Anything that could lead to less driver attentiveness is not so appealing to me.

But yeah, the little black button is for locking only. Get out, push any black button, all doors lock.
rick3242 (12-11-17)
Old 12-07-17, 02:05 PM
rick3242
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
rick - If you are interested, it can be changed to where touching the driver's door handle will unlock all 4 doors. I have done that. Why? Because sometimes I have people with me. And I don't want to have riders pulling a dead handle and/or waiting on me to hit the unlock button from inside, or have to remember to touch the rear door handle, and I don't want someone to wonder why I'm either getting the door for them, or why I didn't go ahead and open the door for them (when I just touched the handle and then moved to the front door).

Also, I'm not a small guy. I'm about like Shrek. So I'm neither concerned about safety issues, nor do I live or go into areas where unlocking all 4 doors at the same time is ANY kind of safety issue. I'm not too big on safety issues related to door locking, auto brakes, blind spot, lane departure, etc. Anything that could lead to less driver attentiveness is not so appealing to me.

But yeah, the little black button is for locking only. Get out, push any black button, all doors lock.

Yes very interested in having all of them unlock from grabbing only one doorhandle. Please do share.

Thanks
Old 12-07-17, 03:59 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

IIRC it's in the customizabe menu under the settings / vehicle selection. Not sure pre-2010's had access to this so it may take the Carista app to set it. The Carista app is worth every penny even for 2010+ vehicles, IMO.

Jason
rick3242 (12-11-17)
Old 12-09-17, 07:17 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 880 Likes on 663 Posts

rick3242, Get into setting on the Nav screen and customize your door locks.
If you do not have an Owner's Manual just go to www.lexusdrivers.com and
select LS460 and 2010. Touch "Resources" and then Owner's Manual.
Quick PDF download and you may touch any line in the table of contents.
rick3242 (12-11-17)
Old 12-11-17, 08:09 AM
rick3242
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mcomer
rick3242, Get into setting on the Nav screen and customize your door locks.
If you do not have an Owner's Manual just go to www.lexusdrivers.com and
select LS460 and 2010. Touch "Resources" and then Owner's Manual.
Quick PDF download and you may touch any line in the table of contents.

Found it and worked - thanks