LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thermostat Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-17, 09:17 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Hopefully this will help:

Still going back and forth with the dealership. I'm wondering if I can access HOT servos by pulling the glove compartment and headunit out? Just trying to think ahead, It's a tricky situation since I can't just pop into the dealership. I guess this is a drawback of long distance buying which I already knew going into it. They seem to want to help but are dragging their feet.
Old 10-27-17, 03:25 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Finally I have heat. I took the car to the local Lexus dealership and spoke to the tech about the situation and gave him some background on the car purchase, He ran a diagnostic to confirm that all the servos were working and gave the car a good look over. Since everything came back good he used the heat gun to check the temperature going in and coming out of the heater core and there was a 20 degree difference on the hoses. He suggested to flush the core since there may be a partial blockage and go from there. I agreed and signed off. He showed me the gunk that came out of the core and said it look like some stop leak kind of material. I read a couple posts in different forums of people flushing a sand type of substance out of their Lexus heater cores so I was not that surprised.

Before I took the car to the dealer I emailed the GM of the selling dealership and explained my issues and asked if he could get his ppl moving on a solution since it seemed like they were dragging their feet. It did not hurt that I mentioned I filed a complain with the BBB and would be filing another one with the state attorney general. I emailed him at 9am and got a call back from the senior pre-owned sales guy who was on vacation when I bought the car and was not part of the process. He was real adamant that they would do whatever it took to make things right and suggested I take the car to a dealer or whoever I felt comfortable with and get a diagnoses which I did. Once I called and told him what the tech suggested he said to have the work done and put it on my credit card, send him an email of the invoice and he would cut me a check.

My sales guy was ok but I believe this is what he should have offered to do right away. He kept telling me he had to talk to someone else which I felt was a stall tactic even though I did feel he would eventually take care of it. In my email I told the GM that I did not have the luxury of him getting around to me. The GM emailed me back and told me not to worry. The process is not over until I get that check but I'm not too concerned about that right now. I'll probably wait a couple of days to make sure it stays hot because once I take the check it means the problem is solved and their liability ends.