LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 lexus ls 460l

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-17, 08:19 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2007 lexus ls 460l

Hello,Next year sometime i plan on buying a 2007 LEXUS LS 460L,after the test drive i had,WOWWWWW great power and a smooth ride,but i really need some feedback on the 2007 LEXUS LS 460L as far as reliability of the engine,transmission and any other major component that you can think of,all feedback is greatly appreciated,THANKS IN ADVANCE...One other thing how many miles would you consider to be to HIGH for that vehicle as far as NOT buying it???
Old 10-03-17, 08:53 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by redrider07
I have 2007 LS 460 with sticky,cracked door panels and dash! Lexus is telling me because of my Vin number it's not covered under the 10 year modified warranty! The in service date is well within the 10 years !! The case worker denied it due to being second owner and having no other lexus vehicles! Does anybody know what I can try to get them to fix it as they should ?
Hello im thinking of purchasing a 460L sometime next year,how is the car overall as far as reliability from an engine and transmission standpoint and how many miles do you have on yours???? Thanks in advance...
Old 10-03-17, 08:57 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by B777Pilot
Hi,

I had the same experience with an unpleasant female "hack" from Lexus Corporate, I was turned down, no discussion, no interest in listening to my issues.

Disappointing, especially since they KNOW very well there is a manufacturing fault in the compounds used in this panels.
Hello can you tell me how reliable is your 2007 460L as far as the engine and transmission and how many miles do you have on yours???
Old 10-03-17, 09:02 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sktn77a
I like your description! Sounds like the same lady that handled my 2007 LS problems on more than one occasion - worthless, and a disgrace to the Lexus brand. I think we should start naming names on this forum ("name and shame"). I'm sure there's be an immediate change in attitude if some kind of accountability or feedback system were in place for customer service. At present it's totally arbitrary.
Hello can you tell me how reliable is your 460L from the standpoint of the engine and transmission and how many miles do you have on yours??? Thanks in advance...
Old 10-03-17, 09:04 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
2007 and they won't cover? Not good. I had to go back twice to get mine approved.. First SA didn't see it melting. It took it in on a HOT day while the handles were liquid.. All 4 panels were approved.
I wish the dash would've been approved, too. It is not sticky, but it discoloring/white pasty on the bottom part near the radio/glove compartment.

The door handles REALLY makes the car look dated. My car is a Late 2006 build.. 1st owner.
Hello can you tell me how reliable is your 460L from the standpoint of the engine and transmission and how many miles do you have on yours??? Thanks in advance...
Old 10-03-17, 09:05 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by R Z
I'm thinking until more and more people get fed up and start to complain will Lexus do anything. And for the most part, they probably won't. My 08 is sticky and cracking and they don't care. Said it's an old car and they are correct. But if you keep on them and take it to the dealership, you never know what can happen. Good luck.
Old 10-03-17, 09:17 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Doublebase
So I'm confused, is this a recall for the brake actuator? Or simply a technical service bulletin?

You'd receive a letter for a recall, but you'd receive nothing for a technical service bulletin. Is it a recall with a stipulation? Like only bring it in for the recall if your dash light is on? Or is it not a recall at all?

If this is something Lexus will cover, that is HUGE because there is only two major defects on these cars...the control arms and the brake actuator. The control can easily be fixed by yourself or by an independent for a very reasonable price, but the brake actuator is still an expensive fix.
Hello im thinking about buying a 2007 460L sometime next year and im really impressed by what you said as far as the brake actuator and the control arms on the 2007 460L being the 2 major faults on these cars,so these cars are really pretty reliable huh???? Thanks in advance...
Old 10-03-17, 09:31 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NotADood
Lexus master tech here,

There must be a code stored in the ABS computer, I.E. a light or message on your dash for us to be able to warranty your ABS actuator. Just having a clicking noise (even though we know it's an issue) is not a justification for us to warranty it according to the warranty extension.
Hello im thinking about purchasing a 460L sometime next year and i was wondering if the CONTROL ARMS and BRAKE ACTUATOR the only 2 major problems the 2007 460L has,i dont really consider control arm repair to be major as far as cost anyway,it seems like the 460L would be a much better economical purchase than buying a 2007 or 2008 Mercedes Benz S550,would you agree??? Thanks in advance...
Old 10-03-17, 09:39 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JLAWS
Welcome! I've had 2 LS430 and they are legendary vehicles. The overall quality of an LS430 is better than the LS460, especially the interior, but I enjoy driving the LS460 a whole lot more. It is a bigger more powerful vehicle and freshens up nicely upgrading to the 19 inch touring wheels, just like what the 18" 5 spoke wheels does for the LS430.

The main question is can you turn a wrench and do stuff yourself on a 10 year old vehicle? If so I highly recommend one. If not then repairs cost can hinder the ownership experience. My budget was exactly the same as yours around $15K-$17K. I found a 2008 with 90K for $16K and below is what I've done myself thru the help of this great forum. I haven't used the services of a mechanic yet.

Phillips HID bulbs $180
Denso Radiator $150
Sway links $80
4 Upper control arms $160
Ball joint Boot $25
Navigation surround Trim $240
Trunk Latch motor $300
Window triangle trim upgrade (wind noise) $45

I can tell you, there is NOTHING out there for $15K-$17K that matches the LS460. I could have gotten something newer but it would have been boring and Mercedes, Audi and BMW scares me. You could get a 2007-2011 GS350. It is like the little brother of the LS460. I enjoyed my 2007 Gs350 but nothing beats the extra size and V8 of an LS460.

P.S I have the Comfort plus package with rear reclining seats, soft door closers and Leather stitched door arm rest. If you find one then you won't have to worry about the rubber door armrest melting issue for some LS460 that has been in the direct sun for a long period of time.

Good luck!
Hello im thinking about purchasing a 2007 460L sometime next year,but im also considering a 2007 Mercedes Benz S550,but if im reading all this positive feedback from this forum on the 460L it really seems to be hands down the best overall purchase to make,do you agree??? Thanks in advance...
Old 10-04-17, 12:00 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by steelers6
Hello im thinking about purchasing a 2007 460L sometime next year,but im also considering a 2007 Mercedes Benz S550,but if im reading all this positive feedback from this forum on the 460L it really seems to be hands down the best overall purchase to make,do you agree??? Thanks in advance...
Best overall LS460L is finding without adjustable air suspension. You may spend around $750 for one Electronic strut vs $100 on KYB oem non adjustable struts.
Old 10-04-17, 06:28 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,769 Likes on 1,977 Posts

The LS will be dramatically more reliable and cheaper to maintain than that S550.
Old 10-04-17, 04:14 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

Hello im thinking about buying a 2007 460L sometime next year and im really impressed by what you said as far as the brake actuator and the control arms on the 2007 460L being the 2 major faults on these cars,so these cars are really pretty reliable huh???? Thanks in advance...
I really have nothing but good things to say about the car after all the driving I've done (162,000 miles and counting). Great reliability, great performance, comfort and fuel economy.

The control arms are not a big deal now that aftermarket parts are available - now to replace suspension components are as easy and cheap as most cars.

So far far so good for me. If you're thinking about purchasing one, have a mechanic take a look at it first (like I'd probably do with any high end luxury car). But the LS will be much more reliable than Mercedes, BMW and Audi.
Old 10-05-17, 08:06 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

I'll chime in. 2008 with about 130k miles. Only repairs made were a water pump and front control arms. I actually only needed one control arm and ball joint, but replaced them all as a preventative measure. The water pump cost me about 50 bucks which I replaced myself and the control arms cost me about 1k dollars at a local independent shop. By far the most reliable car I've ever owned.