LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Dealership service. Am I expecting too much?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-17, 05:20 AM
sapstar66
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersmith
After four weeks in the shop, they returned the car with a parking sensor pushed into the bumper, the trunk absolutely filthy with auto body dust and dirt, missing fasteners in the trunk, a huge chunk of dust adhered to the paint, and a mismounted two way radio antenna that thanks to improper drilling location, now bangs on the roof when I open the trunk. And to finish up, the shop stole a case of Poland Spring water from my trunk, and stiffed me for the rental that they promised to pay for. Took me four months of multiple phone calls to get the rental paid.

urghhh... haven't read this forum's policy, but you need to share that dealership's name. If not to help other Lexus drivers in your area, at least - maybe - someone from the dealership will get aware of this publicity...
Old 01-11-17, 03:29 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I took mine to Park Place Lexus in Grapevine, Texas for 60k service. There were more people running around then a circus. Service performed but I felt rushed when going over paperwork. I told the advisor to slow down and let's do line by line.

Advised on on drop off about a code for a/c and to check it out. They didn't and I wasn't happy about it but being a sensor decided to have it checked out next service. Will try Sewell Lexus in Fort Worth next time to check out their service department.

Experience was was better than American dealerships but so many Lexus here in North Texas they seem to be overwhelmed also.

Still love my LS but will check out other dealerships to find a better fit.

Cubby
Old 01-12-17, 05:15 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Obviously the huge advantage to a dealer is they know the brand, they know the tricks, other than that? Keep in mind they are moving fast, time is money, it's a race to beat the clock...nothing more, nothing less. All the frills are built into the labor rate. If you can find yourself a good one it means that at THAT point in TIME they have themselves great techs and service writers. It doesn't mean it will stay that way, a lot of these guys move around for greener pastures, there aren't too many techs that want to stay in that rat race...and there aren't too many writers that aren't on the look out for service manager jobs and moving up. As they all should.
Indeed. It also provides an excellent hook when it comes to resale. I must admit, the loaner car is a huge reason why I have stayed at the dealer for most everything but things like having them change the wiper blades. Sometimes, just to make them feel better I will agree like I just did two weeks ago to having them put in a new air cleaner when such a swap out is within the skill range of most anyone.
Old 01-12-17, 08:04 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

To toss in my two cents worth, the Memphis dealership is on and off. There are times I take my car in for something as routine as the air pressure issue and they knock it out and I'm gone. The last time, I spent an hour in the waiting room as they apparently forgot my car was even there. Same goes for other incidentals. As Forrest Gump said: "Lexus Service is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!"
The following users liked this post:
dlbuckls10 (01-13-17)
Old 01-12-17, 04:31 PM
cschmatz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IVe had nothing but positive visits at my dealer!!! Meade Lexus Of Lakeside, Michigan. Never have to wait for anything because there's a brand new loaner waiting for me every time I show up. Everything is correct when I get the car back, never have had a problem. They will even pick my car up at work if I want and then drop it off if I want also.
Old 01-18-17, 09:47 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 296 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
As Forrest Gump said: "Lexus Service is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!"
Ain't that the truth! If you aren't happy with the service you receive:
1. Tell them that when the dealer calls you afterwards to ask how your service experience was.
2. Call the dealership Service Manager and let him/her know your dissatisfaction.
3. Call the dealership General Manager/Owner and let him/her know your dissatisfaction.
4. Call Lexus Corporate - they will fob you off with "all dealerships are independently owned and we have no control over them" but they do and they will contact the dealer and let them know.
Old 01-18-17, 10:11 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

It can be with any service dept. . I did all that and the dealership simply try to pass you off and quite responding.