LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

weird noise from engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-16, 06:56 PM
FDOLCE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird noise from engine bay

so recently its been getting colder here in NJ and lately I've been hearing a weird noise in the engine bay but only some times.. ill give an example cold morning go to warm the car up fora little bit when i press on the brakes to move the car from park to drive it here this squeaking noise.... especially in the inch slight shift to the right on the shift in oder to go down into drive.. it feels like its in the brake though as if only when the brake booster is kicking on.. another example is in while in drive and at a light stopped if i put little more pressure on the brake peddle than normal it does it too but this only happens some times not all the times.. any ideas maybe something loose or going bad by the way i feel nothing difference in braking power, such as pressure increasing just a slight wobble when at higher speeds but i believe my disks are alittle off due to a heavily load in the car one day and had to stop short
Old 12-07-16, 04:42 AM
sapstar66
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FDOLCE
so recently its been getting colder here in NJ and lately I've been hearing a weird noise in the engine bay but only some times.. ill give an example cold morning go to warm the car up fora little bit when i press on the brakes to move the car from park to drive it here this squeaking noise.... especially in the inch slight shift to the right on the shift in oder to go down into drive.. it feels like its in the brake though as if only when the brake booster is kicking on.. another example is in while in drive and at a light stopped if i put little more pressure on the brake peddle than normal it does it too but this only happens some times not all the times.. any ideas maybe something loose or going bad by the way i feel nothing difference in braking power, such as pressure increasing just a slight wobble when at higher speeds but i believe my disks are alittle off due to a heavily load in the car one day and had to stop short

Lexus refers to it as "squawking" There's a TSB for that (a special bleeding process). Google it, I'm sure you'll find it. I've had it on all 3 of mine (a 2010 RWD, a 2009 and 2012awd)
Old 12-07-16, 07:55 PM
FDOLCE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks ill look into that