ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Help - Clock adjustment (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/838933-help-clock-adjustment.html)

JimBBB 01-29-19 11:54 PM

GBP,

If I remember correctly, the Ft Collins, CO broadcast only has a range of somewhere around 2200 miles which covers probably most of the continental U.S.

This is why I do not like Atomic Clocks which means clocks that adjust by this radio signal to the Atomic Clock at Ft. Collins which I believe is a function of the National Institute of Standards and Technology.

GPS Time should be receivable everywhere on GPS Systems.

bigsherv 03-20-19 01:55 PM

My clock in my 204 is running a half hour ahead. I manually adjust it and by the end of the day it is wrong again. How long do you suggest unplugging the battery for? 30 seconds? 5 minutes?

JimBBB 03-20-19 04:58 PM

bigsherv,

Your problem doesn't sound like the problems on this Topic. Your problem sounds more like the clock runs fast though it might also not be GPS Adjusting.

My particular problem was that the Clock would not accept any adjustments period. None from GPS. None From Turn Daylight Savings ON/OFF. None from Manual Adjustment. The TSIB appeared to be incorrect in that it implied the Clock would automatically adjust for Daylight Savings/Standard Time which in actuality it doesn't unless mine has been broken from the day I bought the car new. The TSIB is incorrect in that it indicates the repair is to replace the Clock Assembly. As I stated in my earlier posts I believed disconnecting/reconnecting the batter (Rebooting the system) would possibly fix the issue but the TSIB indicated replacement and so it didn't get done until I happened to do a routing maintenance procedure which included a Batter Check and most likely the Battery was disconnected. Naturally replacing the Clock would probably fix the problem because probably a part of the replacement procedure is to disconnect the battery. The TSIB should have said the first thing one should try would be to disconnect/connect the Battery to see if the problem corrects itself.

As to how long the battery needs to be disconnected I don't know. A Service Technician would be better able to say that but from my general understanding of electronic technology, you want the battery to be disconnected long enough for all the residual store of electrical charge is dissipated so the volatile memory in the systems is erased which will cause a reload of the Firmware or a resetting of any electronics in the Clock itself.

And by the way my clock is now working exactly as it had worked when I first bought the car. This shows the TSIB would have the customer replacing a perfectly working clock when the real problem was most likely corrupted Firmware.