LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

fuel injector driver box

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-21, 11:51 AM
nashmade
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lynzoid
yes, every 4gen LS have this bug. The order of a new box is not neccessary. Thing is those drivers use high voltage to drive direct injection injectors. So, any dirt in the sockets, kinks in wiring etcetc will hinder it's performance.
Use plenty of electronics spray, clean the connectors and you're golden.
where is this box located??? Got a write-up or video of how to remove/replace it for cleaning?!
Old 07-25-21, 12:57 PM
nashmade
Driver School Candidate

This is the only thing I could find online. But would like actual experience/
Old 07-25-21, 01:19 PM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 862 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by nashmade
This is the only thing I could find online. But would like actual experience/
That does not look like LS460 engine compartment. See below.

Last edited by Anfanger; 07-25-21 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-28-22, 12:54 AM
Jonwoo
1st Gear

Default Injector driver 06 Lexus gs300

Originally Posted by Lynzoid
yes, every 4gen LS have this bug. The order of a new box is not neccessary. Thing is those drivers use high voltage to drive direct injection injectors. So, any dirt in the sockets, kinks in wiring etcetc will hinder it's performance.
Use plenty of electronics spray, clean the connectors and you're golden. Yes, i DO have used injector driver from ebay, but never needed to install it. Yes, i had same DTC.
This happened to at least 2 ppl with LS4 i know. Now i know 3)

ps. don't expect in-depth tech advises on this board. mostly tire-kickers here and 'oil change solved my problems' people.
ps2. i hope you did NOT PAY OVER $50 for the ebay one! If it's more - return for a refund!
ps3. the reason for running rough after this dtc was set is not car malfunctioning, but rather ecm setting emergency mappings. When it happened to me, dtc reset on the spot made car run like it should. I didnt even shut the engine off, just hotplugged my Toyota IT2, read/clean codes, be on my way.
Hey lynzoid, I been breaking my brain on this injector driver issue on my car. Code p12ff. Is it a signal issue? I change the driver and it crank for a second then cut off. I will erase the code then try to start it and it comes back p12ff! I am running out of ideas on what is the issue since I change the driver already. Any feedback would be appreciated. Or if you or anyone can point me in the right direction. Thnx.