LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Carista app Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-16, 12:06 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
There's still time to use our "backdoor" - through which you can still get the old Pro Package at the old price and conditions. If you're interested, let me know.
The other (even cheaper) option is to try a 1-week pass for $9.99, change all the settings you want, and then never pay again. We offer different options for different use cases.
Originally Posted by comotiger
Hello, how do I get the old Pro package for $20 thru the backdoor? Thanks!
I just purchased the old Pro package. Thanks, Carista.

If anyone needs help with this, PM Carista. They are very helpful. I am looking forward to playing with customizations using the app
Old 07-20-16, 03:08 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by enoch861
Ah, this makes sense especially since I am in the beta.
That's fine, no need for a refund. I'm more than happy to support you guys and I love the app!

By the way, you guys have the best support team I've ever encountered. You guys are on many car forums, answer questions promptly, interact directly with your customers, and even listen to our feedback and implement requested changes/features. It's awesome and keep up the good work!
Thanks, we appreciate it!

Hello, how do I get the old Pro package for $20 thru the backdoor? Thanks!
Talked to you via PMs.

Originally Posted by Batmobile
Hey been reading up on your stuff... Sounds cool... I'd be happy to help you with testing... I need to get one first... Can I order through you?
You can order through Amazon - they are our exclusive shipping partner.

Originally Posted by teedub21
How will the tpms tool work? Will we need our tpms id's or does the app and OBDII dongle just reset it? How about if we're swapping wheels with different sensors?
The app will read the currently-registered IDs from your car and display them, but normally you'd be replacing them with different ones, so you'll have to enter the new IDs manually. We're also planning to implement a feature to save the IDs that you're replacing, so you can restore them later (for winter vs. summer sets).

Originally Posted by roadfrog
THIS!! A rare and welcome trait. They have been extraordinarily accesible to the user.
Thanks! I remember you were one of our very early adopters on this forum - thanks for the support!
Old 07-26-16, 01:30 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you we get a CL discount on the OBD2 module?
Old 07-26-16, 01:37 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DarKnight
Do you we get a CL discount on the OBD2 module?
$40 on Amazon prime shipped no tax.
Old 07-26-16, 01:42 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by litesoarer
$40 on Amazon prime shipped no tax.
I'm aware of that price, I want to see if Carista would give us a discount since they're a CL vendor and sponsor .
Old 07-26-16, 01:47 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm aware of that price, I want to see if Carista would give us a discount since they're a CL vendor and sponsor .
They're already allowing you to buy a permanent sub for $20 va $40/yr. I think that's a pretty good deal and thus supported the cause by buying the official adapter.
Old 07-26-16, 01:49 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

They're already allowing you to buy a permanent sub for $20 va $40/yr. I think that's a pretty good deal and thus supported the cause by buying the official adapter.
Oh I didn't know that. I was trying to look up what the old Pro price was. I'll get it in a heartbeat if that's the case.
Old 07-26-16, 02:19 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

I agree. Received adaptor yesterday thru Amazon.

Oh I didn't know that. I was trying to look up what the old Pro price was. I'll get it in a heartbeat if that's the case.
$20, but you won't see it on the web site. You have to install the app then use the backdoor. PM Carista soon. They said it was a limited time offer. They will set you up nicely.
Old 07-26-16, 02:23 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

I agree. Received adaptor yesterday thru Amazon.$20, but you won't see it on the web site. You have to install the app then use the backdoor. PM Carista soon. They said it was a limited time offer. They will set you up nicely.
Thanks for the info. I sent a pm, waiting for a response.
Old 08-07-16, 09:26 AM
jaws1999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is so freaking cool! Controlling a car with an app! I plan on purchasing my 3rd Lexus this week. Is the $20 backdoor still available? Thanks!
Old 08-07-16, 09:38 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

I have to get this app!...... Hoping for "the deal" too!
Old 08-07-16, 10:11 AM
jaws1999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the app program/re-program the smart key FOB?
Old 08-07-16, 12:03 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jaws1999
This is so freaking cool! Controlling a car with an app! I plan on purchasing my 3rd Lexus this week. Is the $20 backdoor still available? Thanks!
Send a private message to Carista on here.
Old 08-07-16, 03:23 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, guys, we're still offering the "backdoor" to buy the old Pro Package at $19.99 for lifetime use, but we're planning to close it this coming week. Any remaining requests: PM me ASAP. Thanks!
Old 08-08-16, 08:36 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carista
Yup, guys, we're still offering the "backdoor" to buy the old Pro Package at $19.99 for lifetime use, but we're planning to close it this coming week. Any remaining requests: PM me ASAP. Thanks!
Hi Carista, I have the Pro package installed on my iPhone and it works well (you gave me the backdoor sign up, thanks!). I am planning to install it on my new iPad when I buy one in a few weeks. Can I get full functionality for the App installed on the iPad or would I have to purchase the package again under the new terms? Thanks for your help. The app is very nice, and you guys provide great service!

Quick Reply: Carista app Question