LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Custom Lloyd Luxe floor mats with Lexus logo

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-16, 09:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts
Default Custom Lloyd Luxe floor mats with Lexus logo

So I did an interesting mod.

I like thick, plush floor mats, especially in a car like this, however I also like the Lexus logo on the factory mats. I would have simply bought the very nice factory premium floor mats with the metal Lexus logo:

Except those mats aren't compatible with the new mat anchors Lexus started using in 2013. So I was left with a conundrum, do I want the logo but to sacrifice the anchor system, or to go with Lloyd Luxe mats, which use the factory mat anchors, but sacrifice the logos? Its a shame Lexus won't allow others to use their logos, some of the embossed luxe mats are great.

So anyways, I ordered the luxe mats and set out looking for an option for the logo. The mats are great, I've had them before. Great quality, perfect fit, much nicer than OEM mats:

http://lloydmats.com/mat-materials/l...le-floor-mats/

In looking around, I found metal Lexus emblems designed for floor mats sold in Asia, they were cheap and I figured, why not?

Took about 6 weeks to get here from China, but finally they arrived. I picked the right spot on the front mats, drilled 4 holes and mounted the emblems. IMHO they look great, you'd never know they weren't factory. The install of the emblems was a little hard because the luxe mats are so thick, the included screws are a little short, but its all done and looks good.

If you're looking to order, Lloyd has two blacks. "Black" and "Ebony". My mats are "Black", and they're a shade darker than the OEM carpet. Its not an issue for me, and shows up more in pictures, but if I had to do it over again I might have gotten the Ebony which is supposed to be a little lighter.

What do you guys think:

The following users liked this post:
Santa01 (10-20-20)
Old 06-22-16, 10:05 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS

What do you guys think:

Your mats look awesome with the logo. They do seem a bit dark, I wonder if they will get dirty easily. Did you get mats for the rear seats too?
Old 06-23-16, 12:31 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks slick! And wait, what?!? What color is that interior?????
Old 06-23-16, 05:51 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Very sharp and elegant! Nice find. And yes, I can see what you're saying - the ebony might have "matched" better, but this looks great. I have my 460's premium mats in the 600 and love them.

On a side note (repeating myself from other threads - sorry I can't help it), that color interior pops out so much more with black carpeting. I don't remember if the change from light grey coincided with the 2013 changes.
Old 06-23-16, 05:56 AM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Looks great, nice job!

But how do you keep those door sills so scuff free?
Old 06-23-16, 06:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by comotiger
Your mats look awesome with the logo. They do seem a bit dark, I wonder if they will get dirty easily. Did you get mats for the rear seats too?
Thanks! Yep, have mats for the rear too. Left them logo less as they were from the factory.

They're not that much darker than the original carpet in person. The photograph highlights it.

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Looks slick! And wait, what?!? What color is that interior?????
Thanks! Its light grey.

Originally Posted by caha14
Very sharp and elegant! Nice find. And yes, I can see what you're saying - the ebony might have "matched" better, but this looks great. I have my 460's premium mats in the 600 and love them.

On a side note (repeating myself from other threads - sorry I can't help it), that color interior pops out so much more with black carpeting. I don't remember if the change from light grey coincided with the 2013 changes.
Thanks! Yes I much prefer the dark carpets and two tone dash/door panels with the grey. I wouldn't have gotten the grey with the all grey carpeting, etc.

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Looks great, nice job!

But how do you keep those door sills so scuff free?
Thanks!

I have mastered the art of avoiding the sills when I get in and out over the years LOL
Old 06-23-16, 07:08 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

They should go just an inch to the left. LOL!! Just kidding. That looks very sharp and well done! Great job.
Old 06-23-16, 07:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by R Z
They should go just an inch to the left. LOL!! Just kidding. That looks very sharp and well done! Great job.
Haha, I had them sitting there in many different spots deciding LOL. They're lower than the logos on the OEM mats, but I wanted to put them lower so people's shoes wouldn't scuff them up.
Old 06-23-16, 07:34 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

...but I wanted to put them lower so people's shoes wouldn't scuff them up.
Yes, right on! This is exactly how a car-obsessive person thinks - I have great appreciation for this (and can totally relate - the metal on the LX's sill plates is covered with Xpel).

I wish someone would make a mat like this with a flap that covers the entirety of the dead pedal. It would only be icing on the cake.
Old 06-23-16, 07:34 AM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Very cool mod!
Old 06-23-16, 07:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by caha14
Yes, right on! This is exactly how a car-obsessive person thinks - I have great appreciation for this (and can totally relate - the metal on the LX's sill plates is covered with Xpel).

I wish someone would make a mat like this with a flap that covers the entirety of the dead pedal. It would only be icing on the cake.
Yup, exactly!

Yeah I wish they covered the dead pedal too. The weather tech mats do, but I don't like rubber mats, and Weathertech doesn't make a flexible mat with the new anchors either.
Old 06-23-16, 08:05 AM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Love Lloyds mats. Had them in my CTS-V coupe. Was disappointed when I found they don't offer them with the Lexus logo.
Old 06-23-16, 08:18 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

$13 and you're all set!
Old 06-23-16, 08:40 AM
user420
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the Black Luxe mats in my ES several months ago. The color is a bit darker then my black interior but no so much as to irritate me. They are great mats and a tremendous improvement over OEM.
Old 06-23-16, 01:54 PM
droclex
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

So I did an interesting mod.

I like thick, plush floor mats, especially in a car like this, however I also like the Lexus logo on the factory mats. I would have simply bought the very nice factory premium floor mats with the metal Lexus logo:

Except those mats aren't compatible with the new mat anchors Lexus started using in 2013. So I was left with a conundrum, do I want the logo but to sacrifice the anchor system, or to go with Lloyd Luxe mats, which use the factory mat anchors, but sacrifice the logos? Its a shame Lexus won't allow others to use their logos, some of the embossed luxe mats are great.

So anyways, I ordered the luxe mats and set out looking for an option for the logo. The mats are great, I've had them before. Great quality, perfect fit, much nicer than OEM mats:

http://lloydmats.com/mat-materials/l...le-floor-mats/

In looking around, I found metal Lexus emblems designed for floor mats sold in Asia, they were cheap and I figured, why not?

Took about 6 weeks to get here from China, but finally they arrived. I picked the right spot on the front mats, drilled 4 holes and mounted the emblems. IMHO they look great, you'd never know they weren't factory. The install of the emblems was a little hard because the luxe mats are so thick, the included screws are a little short, but its all done and looks good.

If you're looking to order, Lloyd has two blacks. "Black" and "Ebony". My mats are "Black", and they're a shade darker than the OEM carpet. Its not an issue for me, and shows up more in pictures, but if I had to do it over again I might have gotten the Ebony which is supposed to be a little lighter.

What do you guys think:

Looks great! Nicely done. They look so substantial that I might even be able to live without the logos..

Quick Reply: Custom Lloyd Luxe floor mats with Lexus logo