LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-17, 12:27 PM
aplainsman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face New member

We purchased a 2008 LS 460 last winter. It is silver and came from an estate. It had a broken monitor so I replaced it. We have been pleased with it. I also replaced the cabin air filter myself and saved $100 from the dealer's quote.
Now the mechanic says I need to replace the engine air filter. Are eBay or Amazon good sources for good filters?

Last edited by aplainsman; 09-05-17 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Misplaced and repeated words.
Old 09-05-17, 06:19 PM
GFXdznr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even though I already made my first post elsewhere, I wanted to post a few photos of my 'new to me' '07 LS 460 (100k) that I purchased off my dad. Have only had it about 3 weeks and loving every minute of it so far. Still getting aquatinted with it, but really happy so far. He was only the second owner and I know this car was very well taken care of. My wife still owns his previous Lexus to this one, an '01 GS430 which is a fantastic and fun vehicle to drive. It is the reason I had no hesitation in buying this model off of him. Being in the hot Arizona sun, I immediately had the windows tinted at 18% all around. It really sets it off with the body color and the chrome rims. Have really loved the forum so far. The amount of knowledge on here is incredible. Looking forward to educating myself as much as possible as I plan on having this ride for many, many years.

The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 09-05-17, 07:28 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, I was hoping you would get some more pics.

Beautiful car and the tint does set it off with the chrome wheels.

Thanks for for sharing and many happy miles of driving.

Cubby
Old 09-05-17, 08:27 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Welcome to all the new CLers and Congrats on your "new" LSs! Akaboatmam, LexJonez, GFXdznr, thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful cars! Wishing you all many years and miles of happy ownership!

GFX, you have a very special car with the Comfort Plus package with reclining rear seats. Hard to believe it has 100K on it. Beautifully maintained by your dad.
Old 09-06-17, 08:08 AM
GFXdznr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cubbylex
Wow, I was hoping you would get some more pics.

Beautiful car and the tint does set it off with the chrome wheels.

Thanks for for sharing and many happy miles of driving.

Cubby
Thanks!

Originally Posted by comotiger
GFX, you have a very special car with the Comfort Plus package with reclining rear seats. Hard to believe it has 100K on it. Beautifully maintained by your dad.
Yes, this car was really well looked after. I'm sure I will be running into some repair issues given its age and milage, but I know that it was maintained the best it could be at every checkup interval. It had the usual wear and tear scuff marks and a bunch of small paint chips in the hood from plenty of driving on the highway, but it still is an extremely clean vehicle. And maybe, just maybe, one day I'll trust someone else enough to drive it so I can see how it feels to ride in the back in those reclining seats!
Old 10-03-17, 11:06 AM
Nuke807
Driver School Candidate

Default Introduction

Hello everyone! I'm Ken and will be getting my 2007 LS460 in a few weeks. It is Black/Black with Chrome wheels. 100k miles on it and still looks like new. I got up close and personal with it while detailing:

Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_8114.jpg
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 10-03-17, 02:09 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Hi Ken and welcome

you have a beautiful car. Looks new!

many happy miles

Cubby
Old 10-04-17, 05:51 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Good job on the detailing, Ken.... I have always admired well kept black cars but never wanted to own one as the up keep was too much for me.... The picture is great... Like the wheels as well..... Look forward to more pics soon....

Welcome to the club....
Old 10-20-17, 04:25 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts

Not new here but..
and it's gone..

Out with the old..

In with the new..

Extremely bittersweet, the woman teared up when I sold it actually, but time to make some room for the future.

I need to clean out my stable, too many motors at this time.
​​​​​​​Hope to enjoy this side of the boards now.
Old 10-24-17, 11:48 PM
NIHAL
Driver School Candidate

07 LS460L not starting but turning, Thought fuelpump bad, bought newone but later findout no power coming to fuel pump green big relay under the hood, looked for fuel resister in trunk but cant find anything, Need your help please.
Old 10-25-17, 04:40 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Hi NIHAL, welcome to CL.

Not many members will see your post here. I moved your thread in the Build forum to the LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) forum.

Last edited by Nospinzone; 10-25-17 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10-25-17, 07:13 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Not new to Club Lexus, but new to this particular forum. I recently purchased an 07 LS460 from a client/friend of mine. I really did not need the car, but have told her for years that whenever she got a new vehicle that I wanted hers (Years ago I bought a 92 LS400 from her and drove it for a few years). I asked her in June before I traded my 11 MDX for a 2017 if she would be getting a new LS anytime soon and was told no. She had been waiting for the 2018, but after seeing pics she decided she liked the current design better. I would not have leased a new MDX had I known it would be this soon, and the LS would be my daily driver.

Car is Golden Almond with 73k miles. It had new tires at 69k, brakes at 62k, starter and battery at 71k, water pump and belt at 54k. All service was done at local dealer. I downloaded all service records from the Lexus owner site, and found that about 4-5 times she had the car in for the repair/repaint of the corner of a bumper (she is 85 by the way) to repair scrapes.

Impressed most with gas mileage. I took the car to FL last week, driving 1,000 miles, including interstate driving near 80 mph, and averaged 27.3 mpg (28+ on a tank with just interstate driving).

I want to give a shout out to CJITTY for his 2007-2009 Option Cheat Sheet post in the FAQ sticky. I used this to determine which options and packages are on the vehicle.
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 10-31-17, 06:23 AM
EddieP1215
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Default New LS460 owner

2013 LS460 F Sport
Matador Red Metallic
Mark Levison System
Still discovering other features...lol.
Old 11-12-17, 01:13 PM
bigshark
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Greetings,

Been lurking for months here. Many thanks to the forum for the educational that helped my purchasing process. Bought the car in Ohio and drove it back to Massachusetts same day. Been searching for months for the right color and options.
  • 2011 LS460 AWD, 77k miles.
  • Smoky Granite Mica on Black
  • Comfort Package
  • Nav with ML sound system

Overall this is an incredible vehicle. Very happy with the purchase. The last Toyota product I bought was a 1997 Supra TT, so its been awhile. This car has that same over-engineered feeling of being indestructible. I think its missing a Lexus badge on the back (driver side) not sure about that. Also need to figure what the "Power door closers" are and I need to find a service center, Toyota dealer is close, Lexus dealer is far, so not sure there. Otherwise, super happy with this car. Amazing vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-front1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-garage1.jpg  
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 11-12-17, 08:19 PM
CLE460F
Driver School Candidate

Default Al from Cleveland

2013 Lexus LS 460 F Sport AWD
50k Nebula Gray Pearl
Black Interior

Hi my name is Al, I live in Cleveland, Ohio and I’m 32. I am proud to say I am the 3rd owner on this 2013 Ls460 f Sport. This is the 2nd Lexus that I have owned and I am very excited as I loved my first Lexus(2000 Gs300). I like how sexy this car is and how loaded with features that my Tahoe never had. I never had so many people complement me on my car, and it feels great to receive them especially knowing how such a good relieable brand that Lexus is. Hope to meet some people who live their car as much as I lknow be mine.

Last edited by CLE460F; 11-13-17 at 07:18 AM. Reason: To add pic

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!