LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-17, 03:38 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats on joining the club! I'd be a little concerned about removing painted on pinstripes for sure because that means they're just sanding it off and buffing it. Hopefully it's just a decal but then again kinda tacky for an LS so I'd double check if I were you before having them do the work.
Old 02-10-17, 08:39 PM
Natelw
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I do have an extended warranty (L/Certified) and believe I'm still under the orginal warranty as it has under 36k miles so if they screw it up they will fix it! I noticed you had the DVD unlock, how does that work exactly. I have three kids and they love their DVD, my wife's Sienna has the drop down DVD and they are mezmorized the entire trip lol.
Old 02-11-17, 07:22 PM
Natelw
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My New (to me) 2014 LS 460

Here is a pic of my LS 460. The dealer calls it Ultra White but I'm not too certain it isn't Starfire Pearl, is there a way to confirm with the VIN. Anyway, I hope to drive this until 300k plus. 2014 LS 460 AWD - purchased from Lexus of Spokane 29k miles.
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (04-07-20)
Old 02-12-17, 09:54 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Congrats, Natelw, welcome to the LS family. Look forward to seeing many more pics of your car, inside and out. I am sure you will have many years and miles of driving pleasure!

Originally Posted by Natelw
Well, I do have an extended warranty (L/Certified) and believe I'm still under the orginal warranty as it has under 36k miles so if they screw it up they will fix it! I noticed you had the DVD unlock, how does that work exactly. I have three kids and they love their DVD, my wife's Sienna has the drop down DVD and they are mezmorized the entire trip lol.
DVD unlock is for playing DVDs on the Nav screen when the car is in motion. Unless you are thinking of wiring rear DVD screens to the front DVD player, you are better off installing independent headrest DVD players per your earlier post. There are lot of aftermarket options, and I have seen a few on the web (for example, http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com). You should get quotes from a couple of professional car audio shops who can suggest better products and provide a quality installation. I am still debating whether to do this, as I have teenagers riding in the back. For now, I have installed portable headrest DVD players using stuff ordered off Amazon. PM me for details if you are interested.

I just installed an iPhone mirroring kit and DVD Nav bypass from Beatsonic, and I will be posting an install thread in a few days. I feel it is a better option than just the VAIS Nav bypass that Dr. Jekyll has installed.

Here is a pic of my LS 460. The dealer calls it Ultra White but I'm not too certain it isn't Starfire Pearl, is there a way to confirm with the VIN. Anyway, I hope to drive this until 300k plus. 2014 LS 460 AWD - purchased from Lexus of Spokane 29k miles.
Using the VIN, the Spokane dealer should be able to print you the vehicle information sticker listing all options as well as the MSRP, as found on new cars. That document will show the exact paint description for your vehicle. You should register on the Lexus driver site and check the complete service history of your car. You may also find the paint color there.
Natelw (02-14-17)
Old 02-13-17, 12:19 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats! She's a beaut. It is weird there are not that many posters here with 200,000 plus miles for some reason, but there are a number of earlier model 460's on sale with well over 200,000 miles.

What was comforting to me is that looking at the CarFax, the service history on two of them with excess of 250,000 miles showed no major issues. Granted, I did not go to Lexus Driver's website, but it did show every 5000 mile servicing and nothing amiss.

Especially as yours should be worry free in regards to the brake actuator (covered under extended campaign) and control arms, you have every reason to be expecting that kind of longevity. And even those issues are not catastrophic, but I will grant you close to $4000 at some Lexus dealers for the brake actuator is a mighty hefty bill.
Natelw (02-14-17)
Old 02-14-17, 10:05 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Very nice, congrats! Feel free to PM if you ever have any mod questions.
Natelw (02-14-17)
Old 02-14-17, 11:51 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
I just installed an iPhone mirroring kit and DVD Nav bypass from Beatsonic, and I will be posting an install thread in a few days. I feel it is a better option than just the VAIS Nav bypass that Dr. Jekyll has installed.
Definitely interested to see this as I would like to be able to use Waze through the factory Nav
Old 02-14-17, 01:19 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 213374U
Definitely interested to see this as I would like to be able to use Waze through the factory Nav
I am putting the system thru its paces, and the mirroring works great. I use Google Maps and it works very well. I am sure Waze will also. I will post the thread in a week or so.
Old 02-16-17, 08:27 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Does touch input on the nav screen work or does all input need to be done on the phone?
Old 02-16-17, 09:24 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Unlike GROM V-Line, this kit provides mirroring only. The iPhone AV signal is routed to the Nav screen, along with the motion controller to enable Nav bypass. So, you cannot input using Nav screen. All input has to be done thru the iPhone, manually or maybe using Siri. Some folks have paired a Bluetooth mouse with the iPhone using Jailbreak, making it easier to navigate apps. Further, iPhone 7 and up support rotation of the home screen to display in landscape mode on Nav screen. For iPhone 6 and below, one can again use jailbreak to install Rotation app, but I am too chicken to do so. Google Maps and You tube will autorotate to landscape mode. I will post a detailed thread in a few days!
213374U (02-16-17)
Old 02-17-17, 06:45 AM
J504504
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Lexus 2008 lexus ls 460

My name is Jason glad to be here. 75,000 miles they have some small cosmetic things that I plan on fixing. But other than that it is great. Bought it from a old man one owner who took it to lexus for everything. So far I tinted the windows (pain). I changed the interior lights to Leds. Last night I changed the Nike lights to Leds. All with help from this forum. Thanks

Last edited by J504504; 02-17-17 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-17-17, 09:26 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by J504504

My name is Jason glad to be here. 75,000 miles they have some small cosmetic things that I plan on fixing. But other than that it is great. Bought it from a old man one owner who took it to lexus for everything. So far I tinted the windows (pain). I changed the interior lights to Leds. Last night I changed the Nike lights to Leds. All with help from this forum. Thanks
Wow great purchase, congrats! Feel free to PM if you ever have any mod questions.
Old 02-17-17, 10:36 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by J504504
Congrats, Jason. Welcome to CL. You have a beautiful car in a lovely color. It looks very well-maintained. You can look forward to many many miles and years of driving pleasure!
Old 02-17-17, 10:58 AM
J504504
Driver School Candidate

Thanks I will enjoy it
Old 02-17-17, 10:59 AM
J504504
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by comotiger
Congrats, Jason. Welcome to CL. You have a beautiful car in a lovely color. It looks very well-maintained. You can look forward to many many miles and years of driving pleasure!
Thanks best car I have ever had

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!