LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Aggressive fitment ls460s?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-16, 10:03 AM
impact
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Aggressive fitment ls460s?

I may get some crap for this but why have I not seen any aggressive wheel fitment. "stanced" or even mildly cambered 460's? Is it simply because of the status of the car and most people that drive these aren't looking to go in that direction? No one wants to chew up 21 or 22 inch tires? Is it an act of god to do some suspension modifications to them? Maybe the drive train can't handle it? Looking to get some insight into this. I've dug and dug, even went through all of my vip car mags from Japan back to 2007 and haven't seen much. Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places.
Old 01-28-16, 10:17 AM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It probably isn't an act of god to do the mods. T-demand makes everything you'll need. Central Pine could probably get you the needed parts. Just going through instagram I saw a couple cambered LS460s so theyre out there.
Old 01-28-16, 11:04 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I've seen a lot of them? How aggressive are you talking? Just about every body kit is feature on one. You looking for a deeper dish?
Old 01-28-16, 03:10 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm sure any mod you want is available. It just isn't for everyone. I'm not sure it's just limited to the LS. Some people like stock others like mods. There's no wrong.
Old 01-28-16, 07:08 PM
tlk2megoos
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing? Not even one?

I'm pretty sure there are more.

Last edited by tlk2megoos; 01-28-16 at 07:20 PM. Reason: pictar vomit
Old 01-28-16, 07:16 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Have you looked at any of these threads by chance? Some folks are on some serious VIP status. Look through these threads thoroughly, I think you will find some there

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-260/
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ls-thread.html
Old 01-28-16, 07:32 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Or search ls460 or ls600 on Instagram. There are a lot of aggressive fitments.
Old 01-28-16, 08:12 PM
gveng
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by impact
I may get some crap for this but why have I not seen any aggressive wheel fitment. "stanced" or even mildly cambered 460's? Is it simply because of the status of the car and most people that drive these aren't looking to go in that direction? No one wants to chew up 21 or 22 inch tires? Is it an act of god to do some suspension modifications to them? Maybe the drive train can't handle it? Looking to get some insight into this. I've dug and dug, even went through all of my vip car mags from Japan back to 2007 and haven't seen much. Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places.
You need to improve your searching skills.
Old 01-28-16, 08:26 PM
impact
Driver

I appreciate all of your input. Everything thats been posted are similar to what I've been seeing around the Internet and social media. Maybe my definition of aggressive is a little different from most. I'm talking about negative offset mild to heavy camber, not onikyan status but similar. 11 plus inch wide wheels with some nice stretch. I currently have a sc300 on 19x10.5 front and 11.5 rear -10 offset all around and some decent fender mods and stretch. I drive it almost as low as guys park on air and I'm running static. I've just been curious to see some 460s setup in similar fashion. I have a build log posted in the sc section if anyone wants to reference what I'm saying. It's nothing special but it's been a fun project. Thanks again for all the input https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...how-build.html
Old 01-28-16, 08:44 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I appreciate all of your input. Everything thats been posted are similar to what I've been seeing around the Internet and social media. Maybe my definition of aggressive is a little different from most. I'm talking about negative offset mild to heavy camber, not onikyan status but similar. 11 plus inch wide wheels with some nice stretch. I currently have a sc300 on 19x10.5 front and 11.5 rear -10 offset all around and some decent fender mods and stretch. I drive it almost as low as guys park on air and I'm running static. I've just been curious to see some 460s setup in similar fashion. I have a build log posted in the sc section if anyone wants to reference what I'm saying. It's nothing special but it's been a fun project. Thanks again for all the input https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...how-build.html
Most of us here on CL are posting on IG and FB. But some folks here have some serious show level builds with very aggressive setups, did you thoroughly search this forum? Or looked at the links provided?
Old 01-28-16, 08:50 PM
tlk2megoos
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

some of what I've posted is way more aggressive than your build. not much more you can do without cutting up fenders.

Last edited by tlk2megoos; 01-28-16 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-28-16, 09:04 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by tlk2megoos
Nothing? Not even one?

I'm pretty sure there are more.
Out of these cars you've posted I'd say the cockpit ls460 and that satin black 460 on the step lip works, in my eyes would be considered aggressive fitment. I wish I could see more pics of that satin black 460. The rest just look like the normal 21 or 22 x 10 inch wheel tucking on air. In my opinion that is not "aggressive fitment" my sc has way tighter fitment than those. Like I've said, I'm sure it's just a matter of opinion on what is aggressive fitment and not
Old 01-28-16, 09:06 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Most of us here on CL are posting on IG and FB. But some folks here have some serious show level builds with very aggressive setups, did you thoroughly search this forum? Or looked at the links provided?
Ive looked through a lot but not all. I'm sure they're out there, I just have to dig a little more. I have seen some unreal builds on here and props to those of them that are have done it.
Old 01-29-16, 06:24 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

21x10.5 +10mm and 21x12 +4mm......very mild camber.

Old 01-30-16, 09:51 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quick Reply: Aggressive fitment ls460s?