LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thoughts on this LS460 F-sport - Good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 01:34 PM
kho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on this LS460 F-sport - Good deal?

Sold my 2007 ls460 165k miles, looking to buy 2013 model. Found black/black 2013 LS460 F-sport.

$52k
54k miles, Lexus CPO
Comfort package
Levinson package
Blind Sport Monitoring

What do you guys think?
Old 07-27-15, 01:51 PM
Unsober1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you already sold your LS, then I guess you need to get another one immediately. But I think you can do better on the price. If I was in the market for this car, I would hold off a year till the redesign comes out and you should be able to save $5-10k
Old 07-27-15, 02:02 PM
kho
Rookie

Originally Posted by Unsober1
If you already sold your LS, then I guess you need to get another one immediately. But I think you can do better on the price. If I was in the market for this car, I would hold off a year till the redesign comes out and you should be able to save $5-10k
I could borrower a F150 truck if re-design LS is coming out in 3-4 months, but I don't think I could drive a F150 for another year due to its size and handling. I thought this is a good deal as many F-sport's that I've seen are mid to high 50's.
Old 07-27-15, 02:07 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Good price for a '13 460 F-sport. Good deal if the F-sport is in excellent condition.
Old 07-27-15, 02:12 PM
kho
Rookie

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
Good price for a '13 460 F-sport. Good deal if the F-sport is in excellent condition.
Vehicle is out of state. Planning to fly in and drive vehicle back (450 miles). A bit of peace of mind since it is a CPO vehicle. Sales guy said vehicle is in excellent shape with great maintenance record by prev. owner.
Old 07-27-15, 02:30 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

It looks like you already decided to buy it. I was going to suggest that you enter the car specs into Edmunds, NADA and KBB and see what values you get.

Enjoy the ride home and don't forget to post pics.
Old 07-27-15, 02:51 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,209 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by kho
Vehicle is out of state. Planning to fly in and drive vehicle back (450 miles). A bit of peace of mind since it is a CPO vehicle. Sales guy said vehicle is in excellent shape with great maintenance record by prev. owner.
I can't let you take the salesmen's word for the maintenance and history of the car in good conscience. CPO cars can have previous body repair, more than one owner, cheap/undesirable tires and other things "wrong" with them. Get the vin number, go to lexusdriver.com to see dealer service history, carfax, and autochek reports. If it all adds up. Then look the car over for signs of repair that may not have been reported. If all looks good you may feel comfortable to skip an inspection from a qualified shop.
I may sound paranoid, but we've had reports of these types of "issues" come up with CPO. I'm not saying these things are deal killers, but they are price adjusters and at the very least you're buying it with eyes wide open. I hope there are no issues at all
Old 07-27-15, 03:31 PM
kho
Rookie

Originally Posted by swfla
I can't let you take the salesmen's word for the maintenance and history of the car in good conscience. CPO cars can have previous body repair, more than one owner, cheap/undesirable tires and other things "wrong" with them. Get the vin number, go to lexusdriver.com to see dealer service history, carfax, and autochek reports. If it all adds up. Then look the car over for signs of repair that may not have been reported. If all looks good you may feel comfortable to skip an inspection from a qualified shop.
I may sound paranoid, but we've had reports of these types of "issues" come up with CPO. I'm not saying these things are deal killers, but they are price adjusters and at the very least you're buying it with eyes wide open. I hope there are no issues at all
Thank you for the LexusDrivers.com site. Didn't know a site like this exists. So found the following repairs recently completed by the dealership. Looks like vehicle was not in mint condition when it was traded in.

Dealer Reported 07/14/2015 Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis 54423 0381853 WALCO INT REPAIR WALCO REPAIRED INTERIOR LEATHER SEATS, CARPET, STEERING WHEEL AND DOOR PANELS.
Dealer Reported 07/08/2015 Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis 54423 0381385 AUTO DETAILING FASTLANE DETAILED VEHICLE.
Dealer Reported 07/07/2015 Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis 54423 0381177 FULL BUMPER CUSTOMER REQUESTS FULL BUMPER REPAIR REAR BUMPER. - REPAIRED AND RE - FINISHED REAR BUMPER.
Dealer Reported 07/03/2015 Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis 54423 0380928 DENT REMOVAL CUSTOMER REQUESTS DENT REMOVAL - REMOVED DENTS FROM VEHICLE.
Dealer Reported 07/03/2015 Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis 54423 0380928 3 WHEEL REPAIRS CUSTOMER REQUESTS 3 WHEEL REPAIRS
Dealer Reported 07/03/2015 Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis 54423 0380928 WINDSHIELD CHIP REP CUSTOMER REQUESTS WINDSHIELD CHIP REPAIR
Old 07-27-15, 04:04 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,209 Likes on 956 Posts

The only things that stand out to me is the bumper repaint. That will ding the value of the vehicle when you go to trade it in. Probably not a lot, but some depending on how well the paint matches. Also the dents may have been PDR (paintless dent repairs, usually a subcontractor's name is listed, but maybe not in this case) so look carefully and ask questions. If repainted, a big hit on the value when added to the bumper. Remember anyone you trade/sell this car to can find this same info and assume the worst. The other stuff is pretty common for trade in touch ups.
I'm glad you posted here. You may want to look that all recalls (if any) have been done and the rest of the maintenance, which is most likely just oil changes, brakes and tires. No repeat stuff...Have you done carfax and auto check yet?
Old 07-27-15, 05:03 PM
kho
Rookie

Originally Posted by swfla
The only things that stand out to me is the bumper repaint. That will ding the value of the vehicle when you go to trade it in. Probably not a lot, but some depending on how well the paint matches. Also the dents may have been PDR (paintless dent repairs, usually a subcontractor's name is listed, but maybe not in this case) so look carefully and ask questions. If repainted, a big hit on the value when added to the bumper. Remember anyone you trade/sell this car to can find this same info and assume the worst. The other stuff is pretty common for trade in touch ups.
I'm glad you posted here. You may want to look that all recalls (if any) have been done and the rest of the maintenance, which is most likely just oil changes, brakes and tires. No repeat stuff...Have you done carfax and auto check yet?

just dealership provided carfax report and it looked clean.
Old 07-27-15, 08:15 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

If you've questions or doubts about the vehicle and/or the quality of repairs made, you could set up an appointment for a pre-purchase inspection with either another Lexus dealer local to the one you are purchasing from or an independent Lexus mechanic. You can research the selling dealer and other Lexus mechanics using tools such as Yelp.

The quality of interior and exterior detailing will vary. IMHO, the extensiveness of the CPO inspection and quality of reconditioning will also vary among Lexus dealers. For example, some dealers say their CPO inspection uses a device that detects paint thickness, which indicates repainting. Theoretically, a CPO-eligible vehicle must meet certain standards, such as a maximim number of panels repainted.

The dealer should be able to provide you the CPO checklist for the vehicle, which should contain details on the vehicle condition and reconditioning (repair or replacement) done. You can glean some of this from the online site, but IMO it's better to have the official documentation.

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...t-brochure.pdf

Last edited by Gbp; 07-27-15 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-29-15, 01:15 PM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Wow, that sounds like a good deal. I am also looking for a 2013 LS460 AWD Fsport w the ML Package and I found a black on black with 30K for 60K.

I hear alot of issues with the Brembo brakes on the FSport.

Have you thought about a regular LS460 w the Adaptive Variable Air Suspension with VGRS, adds Comfort and Sport S+ drive modes?
Does anyone know if that is equivalent to the FSport Suspension?

Originally Posted by kho
Sold my 2007 ls460 165k miles, looking to buy 2013 model. Found black/black 2013 LS460 F-sport.

$52k
54k miles, Lexus CPO
Comfort package
Levinson package
Blind Sport Monitoring

What do you guys think?
Old 07-29-15, 02:32 PM
kho
Rookie

Originally Posted by nyczdave
Wow, that sounds like a good deal. I am also looking for a 2013 LS460 AWD Fsport w the ML Package and I found a black on black with 30K for 60K.

I hear alot of issues with the Brembo brakes on the FSport.

Have you thought about a regular LS460 w the Adaptive Variable Air Suspension with VGRS, adds Comfort and Sport S+ drive modes?
Does anyone know if that is equivalent to the FSport Suspension?

The non F Sport Ls460 does not have that "WOW" look to me. I like the front of F-sport & 19" wheels. I read in other threads that if you swap out factory brakepads, that should eliminate squeaks.
Old 11-09-15, 08:01 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kho
The non F Sport Ls460 does not have that "WOW" look to me. I like the front of F-sport & 19" wheels. I read in other threads that if you swap out factory brakepads, that should eliminate squeaks.
So, looks like you didn't buy that LS after all. Any reason why?
Old 11-10-15, 04:48 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Maybe this:

"WALCO REPAIRED INTERIOR LEATHER SEATS, CARPET, STEERING WHEEL AND DOOR PANELS"

Flood damage?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this LS460 F-sport - Good deal?