LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

need help for diagnostic trouble code for a/c

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-14, 03:11 AM
AndreasMUC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help for diagnostic trouble code for a/c

Hallo from Germany,

after the 8th year Service I got my car back with an desinfected a/c System and new cabin filter.

Everything should be fine, but the blower of the a&c doesn´t work.

So I made the initialisation test with "Auto" and "recirc" and ignition on.

As a result, I got 4 error codes - while the car stands in the dark Garage:

21 - 24 - 28 - 94

Can somebody help me to read the the DTC 94 for my Lexus LS 460 from 12/2006?

Thx Andreas
Old 12-30-14, 04:37 AM
wbrian63
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First - if you had your car serviced and everything was working OK prior to the service and now you have trouble, I'd take it back to where you got it serviced. Maybe they disconnected something.

Second - 21/24/28 are all sun-sensor related DTC's and are likely due to your testing in a darkened place.

DTC 94 reads as follows:
Rear exhaust mode damper servo motor (for emission) - rear air conditioning harness - harness and connector between rear air conditioning harniess and air conditioning amplifier - air conditioning amplifier

I think the first part is the item that is causing the code, and the next sections (rear air conditioning harness, for example) are the possible locations of the problem.

This would appear to be a DTC related to cars with rear A/C. If your car doesn't have this feature then I'm afraid I've been of no help.

Regards
Old 12-30-14, 05:53 AM
AndreasMUC
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for quick support.

If the lexus forum would be next door Í would bring the car back. But it costs me actual too much time and driving without fron blower in the actual snow-situation is critical. Before the service, everything works fine. So I check the two cabin filters and the wheel of the blower can turn around free. So it looks not like a mechanical reason.

The blower of the 2nd a/c System in the back works including the blower, which can be heared. Only the front blower make nothing. I checked all fuses in the front area, everything looks ok.

The DFC 94 sounds like a connection problem with the rear a/c. But this a/c works fine and should not be a reason that the front blower doesn´t work.

Is there any possibility to check that the front blower gets power and the right Input?

Kind regards Andreas
Old 01-02-15, 09:17 AM
AndreasMUC
Driver School Candidate

Default controller of blower migth be the problem - Denso 110743-0261

Hallo,

now, I removed the blower unit to identify the real source. The Motor look ok and is a brushless Motor. So this could not be the source.

But before the blower Motor, there is a Controller unit for the brushless device.

The unit is a Denso 110743-0261.

If this circuit is defect - is there a possibility to repair it? Are there known issues to fix after 8 years and 100.000 miles?

The Controller unit has 3 connectors to outside. 2 of them is the Basic voltage and of of them is the steering pin. From the car connector I have measured 12V, but nothing on the steering pin depeding on the blower volume control.

Is there any documentation available where this line is defined?

Thx Andreas